Staff Range quoth the raven, 300 nevermore!

in Guardian

Posted by: Animosity.5074

Animosity.5074

Seriously guys, I painstakingly made Nevermore so my guardian would look awesome and now it’s been nerfed to ridiculous levels. It felt a bit weak before but now it’s almost pointless. Please put the range back or buff everything.

I know it’s been mentioned. But it really needs some love.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gnada.3016

Gnada.3016

Revert the range back and change the damage or aoe width.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Just curious, what do people use it for outside tagging mobs for loot?

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Burnbuild/frontliner in wvw, it was the best dpsweapon we had in zergs. Trailblazer stats and you are good to go.

Mightstacking builds, with a proper build you could get very high uptime on >20 stacks of might and in soldiers with fury from your medis and extra boon duration it
hit for about 2k per wave.

The issue i think anet has recognized is that it would be crazy with perma quickness in condibuilds in particular. We are talking about >10 stacks burning on 5 opponents. Dealing 11k damage per second on 5 targets.

They should have narrowed the cone and increased direct damage instead.

in Guardian

Posted by: tealstoneclayre.6483

tealstoneclayre.6483

I’m baffled at this nerf, it’s awful and unwarranted and now the staff really is useless damage-wise. Abandoning Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Burnbuild/frontliner in wvw, it was the best dpsweapon we had in zergs. Trailblazer stats and you are good to go.

Mightstacking builds, with a proper build you could get very high uptime on >20 stacks of might and in soldiers with fury from your medis and extra boon duration it

The issue i think anet has recognized is that it would be crazy with perma quickness in condibuilds in particular. We are talking about >10 stacks burning on 5 opponents. Dealing 11k damage per second on 5 targets.

Can’t it still do those things? I mean if you’re in the melee train, 300 range isn’t going to make too much difference.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Can’t it still do those things? I mean if you’re in the melee train, 300 range isn’t going to make too much difference.

Not in zerg versus zerg, in 300 you melt, its already difficult enough at 600.

And in melee versus melee the enemy lines are to thin for permeathing wrath to have sufficient impact and other weapons are more versatile considering none of the skills on the staff are made for melee. Hammer is better in melee versus melee in power builds.

Imo this breaks the part of the game where staff actually excelled. Midrange dps and support.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

^ Agreed. I haven’t touched staff since 2014 and I knew it was an awkward change for the two-handed, mid-long range weapon.

I understand the reason for the change but at the current state of the game, Staff#1 feels misplaced mechanically.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

Quoth the 20th thread about the Staff Nerf Nevermore please… Granted your title is better than any other about it. I hate this nerf. I was with everyone after the patch. But every thread is about it I almost want anet to revert it merely to stop seeing threads about it But hey I get it it’s only been a week or so. Sadly, Anet is slow to do stuff maybe with PoF another balance will actually not be a dumb “fix” for it.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Guardian

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Agreed. Staff dont give enough damage for the utilities now. With that small range the rate of fire should be x4.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Guardian

Posted by: Gnada.3016

Gnada.3016

ANET, please listen to the player base.

Staff is simply not a justified “weapon” right now. It’s a buffing stick with little combat viability. The viable cleave damage scenarios are too few for Wave of Wrath in WvW now. Certainly worse and almost never utilized in PvP, and overshadowed by nearly all other weapons in PvE.

We are better off using a stronger Melee weapon than trying to “range” at 300 units.

This will be especially true once more classes are generating might, healing and swiftness in PoF. Staff will simply not be worth using at all in my view.

Let’s look at the Skill:

“Make a powerful shock wave, hitting up to five foes.”

Damage: 242 (0.6)?
Number of Targets: 5
Range: 300

Path of Fire pre-patch:
Wave of Wrath: Reduced the range from 600 to 300. Increased the attack angle from 90 degrees to 110 degrees to better line up with its effect.

Suggested Change:
Maintain 600 range, reduce angle of attack from 90 degrees to 60 degrees

or…

900 range, make the attack animation much more wave like and a bit slower at a set width.

Lower damage potential is okay, if the ability is doing something else (applying an effect) or has enough range.

Lowering the range to 300 just feels horrible, not to mention now base guardian has only scepter at 900 range and nothing else about 300.

in Guardian

Posted by: bbhlarithrial.4982

bbhlarithrial.4982

Yeah…if Anet could unruin the “beef roast”, that’d be great…

in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Have any of you tried Burnbow guardian in WvW? It’s super deadly itself and marks just as many enemies as Burnstaff did. Anet didn’t fix a problem, they only shifted it to another area.

Staff nerf screwed over a lot of power guardians. All they had to do was change number of targets from five to three.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They should at least rework the skill. This straight nerf makes no sense. Like someone suggested, they could make a 1200 range that hits up to 3 foes with some effect to up 3 allies. Without DH the range is very limited and we have no ranged support weapon, even more considering the nerf on Staff #1 that basically made the staff a melee weapon. The other skill changes were made just to adapt the skills, not real buffs.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: LimeSamurai.9140

LimeSamurai.9140

Have any of you tried Burnbow guardian in WvW? It’s super deadly itself and marks just as many enemies as Burnstaff did. Anet didn’t fix a problem, they only shifted it to another area.

Staff nerf screwed over a lot of power guardians. All they had to do was change number of targets from five to three.

I’ve playing guard since launch, and I hate longbow/dragonhunter on guardian but have to play it because “meta”

Tudes

in Guardian

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

The problem with burnstaff or burnbow is “burning” itself. Conditions are out of hand at the moment. Guardian needs the mid-range support option. Poking someone with the end of the staff doesnt feel very shockwave feeling and its certainly not mid-range. Guardian staff has always been unique in the staff’s use which is awesome so keep it that way please. Besides, if the Firebrand further requires us to be behind our allies as a support with mantras then this nerf to staff is counter-intuitive.