Staff change

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Finally we got it.. And now I just need a staff:D
What do you thibk.. Moving while making ward, op?

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Interesting to see the staff buffs. They were needed, IMHO, but the scepter is the weapon that still needs the most work. Surprised to see Empower got a buff.

Exciting news.

(edited by azureai.9764)

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Playing a support/CC role seems a lot more fun now. I can’t wait until…my computer gets out of maintance…Kittenpie!

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I recently switched to using the staff about a week ago just as a break from the scepter and even then it had been growing on me. Before that I was just stubborn I guess and only saw it as a speed buffer and nothing else. Now though, I am positively ecstatic about it. Gonna be good.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

Staff change

in Guardian

Phoenix the One.4071

Yeah used it to move faster.. But now you can use it as escape aswell.. I don’t think it will be much more usefull.. But at least you can move away from interuption.. An instant cast would be great though^^ the staff 2 healing orb will be interesting to watch in a zerg.

And improved empowered is just all in all awesome:)
The life for spirit weapons is bleh :b

Staff change

in Guardian

Hicci.8761

The life boost for SWs mainly affects SoA which really needed that buff.

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

These are the changes I’ve seen.

• Empower is 3 seconds now and doesn’t root you after its done casting.
  • You can cast Line of Warding on the move, but it still has a 2 second cast.
  • Orb only heals for about 520~ with 1500 healing power. It’s not THAT great, but it’s a free heal to friendlies if you’re DPSing.
Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Gonna test it wil max healingpower(1700/ without food) can only be better from what ComeAndSee posted:)
So that means empower also can be done on the move?

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Actually empower is only 2 1/2 second cast and doesn’t root you afterwards.
Line of warding is still only a 1 second cast but mobile
And the extra heal isn’t great but a nice addition.

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Gonna test it wil max healingpower(1700/ without food) can only be better from what ComeAndSee posted:)
So that means empower also can be done on the move?

No, you can’t Empower on the move, but it doesn’t root you in place for 1s like the old Empower use to do.

Also, the Orb of Light can hit up to 5 people to make it a decent heal, but you can’t sit back and just launch Orb’s and expect to do any meaningful healing. Mace symbol juiced up with traits and selfless darling is still going to give out the most amount of healing.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

Staff change

in Guardian

Dalure.4691

I always will be a hammer/staff combo…..a mace i just cant get into it will check the diff in healing if it will be a big deal

Thanks for your reply ComeAndSee.1356

Staff change

in Guardian

Phoenix the One.4071

Hammer is boss for group fight with AH:) and protection..
I tried out staff vs GS, and though 12stack+ might (empowering might) is awesome and aoe.. Staff lack the dmg output and speed of the GS… Which is ashame:D.. I feel like staff is a mobile version of hammer:)

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

you realize saying hammer is good for fight with AH doesnt add up since ALL weapons basically make symbols (Few dont) and ALL of those symbols give a boon to allies hence ALL symbols trigger AH. Hammer is possibly worse for AH due to the cooldown on the symbol vs other weps spammable symbols.

Staff isnt meant to DPS. Spam empower, switch back to DPS weapon. This is what triggers AH the best btw, not symbols. Empower, is your best heal. Buff Team/Heal, then go back to dps weapon

Staff change

in Guardian

Hicci.8761

you realize saying hammer is good for fight with AH doesnt add up since ALL weapons basically make symbols (Few dont) and ALL of those symbols give a boon to allies hence ALL symbols trigger AH. Hammer is possibly worse for AH due to the cooldown on the symbol vs other weps spammable symbols.

Staff isnt meant to DPS. Spam empower, switch back to DPS weapon. This is what triggers AH the best btw, not symbols. Empower, is your best heal. Buff Team/Heal, then go back to dps weapon

You do realize hammers attack-chains last hit is a symbol right?

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

The Empower buff is nice, but I’m sad that it screwed up the animation for my Asura Guardian now.
Now it just cuts out in the middle of the animation.

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

^ THIS. Please fix that animation.

Now being able to do Empower while moving will seal the deal on the staff

Staff change

in Guardian

Dalure.4691

^ THIS. Please fix that animation.

Now being able to do Empower while moving will seal the deal on the staff

Hehe i wish..but i think that would be OP :P

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

You……..have actually used a hammer right?

Staff change

in Guardian

Dalure.4691

Favo wep is a hammer….becus of the finish blaster and spam protection/healing traited ofc But the Staff is a good second place.

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Have to say, I barely used staff befor patch, but now I use it as an offhand all the time! Empower is boss now and the ward spell is rediculously awesome, well done anet.

All I need is scepter auto attack to be given some love and for shield and focus 5 to be swapped and im my guardian experience will be complete.

Oh and dont forget longbow(fingers crossed)

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Staff change

in Guardian

Dalure.4691

Have to say, I barely used staff befor patch, but now I use it as an offhand all the time! Empower is boss now and the ward spell is rediculously awesome, well done anet.

All I need is scepter auto attack to be given some love and for shield and focus 5 to be swapped and im my guardian experience will be complete.

Oh and dont forget longbow(fingers crossed)

Hahaha i almost forgot about the longbow on a guardian

(edited by Dalure.4691)

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

Good change for me, i ran with Hammer and Staff even before, i feel OPed now!!! ^^

Jokes aside ANet finally gave more mobility to Staff, long due :o

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

Staff change

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

The staff is much better now, the only other thing I’d like to see changed is its auto-attack, but I don’t see that happening soon (if ever). Now the scepter on the other hand, needs a lot of work… :p

Staff change

in Guardian

Phoenix the One.4071

Yeah and love the animation with the staff-ability, though only #1 really use the staff.. Others are off-hand or main hand with glows:)