Still so much DH hate

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Why is there so so much hate for DH builds? Especially trapper builds? I play DH ttrapper builds because I find it fun and I do well with it. I even play it in ranked, I still get a lot of abuse from playing it.

Why is there still so much hate against these builds when DH has been in the low tier for competitive PvP for months now? Why do people say it has a low skill requirement? I am no pro player but I do well enough to hold my own in ranked matches.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

No matter what you do, there will be some rear-emtyplaces to bug the heck out of you. 1.5 year ago it was the ranger. No matter what you did, you were a “noob ranger omg just reroll no skill ten points to hufflepuff”, even if you did carry your team and killed 5 enemy players with just a fart. Now it is guardian. This game hates ranged professions, devs and players altogether.

Play what you like, kill what you can. And if they verbally abuse you send a report and reply ""

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

DH trap build are easy to defeat, i dotn see that much hate.

alain.1659, AA for 5k-7k crits while not fully zerker that was the damage ranger was doing after some old update before HoT.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Loco.4561

That’ what i say to them, it is extremely easy to counter, i even had a necro ccalling for DH nerfs. I have played GW2 from the first beta and pretty much know most if not all of the current builds, so I know how to counter them, I am not the best DH my a long shot. I do tend to finish games with close to 300 points and usually close too 18-20 kills so i think i do ok.

Guaranteed i will get several whispers of abuse, trap spammer, DH takes no skill etc.. where does DH stand on the percieved skill scale? I play aggressve, always zerk builds, dont rely on passives use my traps for interupts and re-positioning. I dont spam traps etc… i certainly think its got a higher skill ceiling than my necro or rev.

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Don’t eat their salt or its you who loses.

Fishsticks

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Because they keeping getting baited by a lone DH standing on point then promptly die to 4 DH traps.

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Loco.4561

Because they keeping getting baited by a lone DH standing on point then promptly die to 4 DH traps.

That’s not the DH’s fault. If people are too stupid enough to repeatedly facetank into traps, that’s THEIR issue. Besides no decent DH will be doing that anyway, I never leave traps on points.

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

That’s not the DH’s fault. If people are too stupid enough to repeatedly facetank into traps, that’s THEIR issue. Besides no decent DH will be doing that anyway, I never leave traps on points.

Its not hard to see guardian run around traps or dont let him bait you lol, its no ones fault you cannot control your ego in pvp. Let the guardian come to you.

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Play what you like, kill what you can. And if they verbally abuse you send a report and reply ""

Don’t forget to block them too~

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Massive increase in circlejerk DH hatred posting in the PVP sub forum this week. Hilarious stuff. You lot are obviously a grand job of ruining lives. Keep it up!

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Sometimes i only run fragments of faith and they still complain.

Just remember, they wouldn’t be complaining if they were winning.

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

The thing that I just realised is that I never had a problem with people calling this class OP or certain mechanic OP in other games. In all honesty while i find the DH complaints completely stupid, the problem lies in the fact that one that screams the loudest wins and or if they do decide to listen. they Always go kittening overboard, ie removing clerics+nerfing sustain on tempest. So even if u could justify a nerf. It’s Always some kittened action u can only scratch your head by, then they justify it by them buffing skills and traits u would never use. But yeah we got told that the pvp team has almost no impact on the balance changes other then nerfing, runes amulets and or sigils. So yeah, this makes cries for nerfs incredibly kittening dangerous. As every kittening nerf action can be done in such an hard way only.

Honestly if I knew developers had atleast 3 split balance teams or wouldn’t cave to this mob mentality. Said complains wouldn’t bother me so much. In the end they still have the right to spout thier stupid bullkitten. It’s developers reactions which in the end are the real culprit. Doesn’t mean that i’m completely fine with them tough.

Still so much DH hate

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

People deem the common trapper DH builds brain dead.
Deploy traps, pull enemy onto them, win.
Usually said people complaining are even more brain dead themselves because they get killed by a fairly easy-to-counter setup.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.