Strength in Numbers...oh realy ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

150 toughness ?

realy now ??

150 ? toughness ?

can we get a REAL Trait here ? its like this one does not even exist…. or buff it to at least 250-300 toughness ???

or give another effect next to the buff ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

In my opinion these aoe buffs should be toned down accordingly to their effectivenes and here is how:

“+150 toughness”: is a good chunk of damage reduction if built with 0 toughness but very low if already tanky

“+150 power”: is a good ammount, not very much, not too few

“+150 ferocity”: here we have too much of a stat which reaches “+10% damage on crits” which is huge anyway (and not situational like toughness) so maybe tone it down to 100?

“+150 precision”: is another huge boost (is it 7% crit chance), I think it should be like 120 max…

talking about strength in number I think that the best way to improve it and make it really a worty choice is to change it into a “static damage reduction” rather than toughness boost (which isn’t static) something like a passive 5-7% damage reduction (if I’m correct 33 toughness = 1% damage reduction with 0 toughness)

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

In my opinion these aoe buffs should be toned down accordingly to their effectivenes and here is how:

“+150 toughness”: is a good chunk of damage reduction if built with 0 toughness but very low if already tanky

“+150 power”: is a good ammount, not very much, not too few

“+150 ferocity”: here we have too much of a stat which reaches “+10% damage on crits” which is huge anyway (and not situational like toughness) so maybe tone it down to 100?

“+150 precision”: is another huge boost (is it 7% crit chance), I think it should be like 120 max…

talking about strength in number I think that the best way to improve it and make it really a worty choice is to change it into a “static damage reduction” rather than toughness boost (which isn’t static) something like a passive 5-7% damage reduction (if I’m correct 33 toughness = 1% damage reduction with 0 toughness)

Now, now let’s not get hasty and greedy with all these better passive traits, remember that we have to stay in our good spot becuase it will be greatly unfair that we might get some better passives and people will QQ about OP guardians. It’s not our stick bro, best passives belong to others. /Kappa

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

a 5% passive dmg reduction would be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Guardian

Posted by: TEGG.2859

TEGG.2859

It’s not like the other alternatives are worse thant 150 toughness, right?

Stalwart Defender:
In the light of the new shield changes, -20% cd reduce is neat. Probably might out-do +150 toughness with “active” defending via skills.

Communal Defense:
Ever tried melee bursting fractal bosses with you as guard actively blocking/dodging him and keeping your group cosy and warm while doing so? More aegis helps a lot.

Strength in Numbers became a kitten trait to me recently, but I guess it depends on the content you play.

(edited by TEGG.2859)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

They should merge the shield trait and Strength in Numbers, since they compete, and both give toughness buffs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

They should merge the shield trait and Strength in Numbers, since they compete, and both give toughness buffs.

A better idea of to swap focus trait with SD. That way, you can take SD, SiN, and RA for free toughness stacking. Even without RA, being able to take SD and SiN would be big.

Fishsticks