[Suggestion] How to fix Torch

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

I know shield needs more help, but torch also lacks some potential and the fix is easier to implement.

Zealot’s Flame

1. Make it work with Inner Fire if you have it traited
This skill (Inner Fire) could be worthy of a build itself but due to the lack of creativity it becomes one of the last skills you would take. Except if you are soloing Belka.

2. When you activate Zealot’s Flame you also blind nearby enemies.
Range: 160
Pulses: 3 (If you don’t throw Zealot’s Fire)
Pulse duration: 1s
Number of targets: 5

Zealot’s Fire

Perfect

Cleansing Flame

It Pulses 9 times. Make each pulse clean 1 condition from ourselves also.
Similar to Ether Renewal minus the heal

Edit: Typo

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Cleansing Flame

It Pulses 9 times. Make each pulse clean 1 condition from ourselves also.
Similar to Ether Renewal minus the heal

Would probably be a bit broken having something like that on a 15 second cooldown (also just turns it into bunker weapon rather than a purely supportive one).
Personally I’d be fine with it if they just increased the range of the cone to 600 (or higher). Having to chase after and literally breathe down the necks of your allies isn’t exactly practical, especially since the user themselves are also getting AoE conditions because of this.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

creepmatic.9435

Yes, you are right, chasing allies to cleanse them is an awkward concept (same as shield 4). And I agree with the cleanse it would be broken, but I still think we should be able to self cleanse at least 3 conditions when using Cleansing Flame.

Slight offtopic
Looking by some of the skills that we have on our weapons, mainly the offhands, imply, by Anet’s way of thinking that the guardian should stay in the back with a scepter, while cleansing with torch or giving protection with shield. Is it only me? that thinks this is so wrong…

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I really like Torch, it just needs some slight tweaks to make it more viable.

Zealot’s Fire, it just needs better tracking.

Cleansing Flame, you can do a couple of things here:

A) Keep it the same, however let it remove conditions on the Guard also.
B) Reduce the cast time, keep damage the same.
C) Increase damage, but keep the same cast time.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

creepmatic.9435

Zealot’s Fire, It just needs better tracking.

I would go with option A) without a second tough, no doubt.

About the tracking of Zealot’s Fire, I didn’t found it to be troublesome, also the fact that is unblockable and it has crazy range, I find it pretty much spot on.

And if I can ask @Harbinger, what’s your tough on Zealot’s Flame also proccing inner fire and/or blinding? Do you think it would be too much for the cooldown that the skill has?

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I think three conditions would be fine.

Slight offtopic
Looking by some of the skills that we have on our weapons, mainly the offhands, imply, by Anet’s way of thinking that the guardian should stay in the back with a scepter, while cleansing with torch or giving protection with shield. Is it only me? that thinks this is so wrong…

It depends on the guardian, which I’m okay with. I’ve never enjoyed the concept of a guardian strictly being frontline only. Most guardians don’t build on the squishier side of things though, so most of them typically don’t venture to the backlines (even glassy builds usually stay in mid range). Not that aiming cones to the backline from the frontline is that difficult

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Zealot’s Fire, It just needs better tracking.

I would go with option A) without a second tough, no doubt.

About the tracking of Zealot’s Fire, I didn’t found it to be troublesome, also the fact that is unblockable and it has crazy range, I find it pretty much spot on.

And if I can ask @Harbinger, what’s your tough on Zealot’s Flame also proccing inner fire and/or blinding? Do you think it would be too much for the cooldown that the skill has?

It definitely should proc Inner Fire, this has been something Guards have been asking for since release.

I’m not sure about blind because that would also proc vulnerability if traited. AoE blind is already very strong, so another could cause overperformance issues.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

Inner flame burning us would be perfect, but it would be nice if there was some effect where if we’re set on fire, we drop a water field for 5 sec. Guards need more access to water fields due to our small lean towards healing, however weak it may be.

This would make hammer more fun with it’s fast blaster, also the shield could use a water field instead of light as it stands for skill 5.
2 cents given.