[Suggestion] Make JI work similar to Blink

in Guardian

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Make Judges Intervention require no target and teleport the player to the place he wants, similar to how mesmer’s Blink or eles Lightning Flash works.

This would increase the skill cap a little bit and give the guard more mobility as it could be used to blink in or out of fights. Would give guards more mobility without gimmick mechanics like be lucky to have an ambient nearby.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

in Guardian

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

I think that the mobility of this is fine. It requires a target yes but it is still a 1200 gap closer. It also fits with the guardian mentality. Get into the Fight quick but stay to the end. Guards don’t run away they kill things. If you want a run away skill go play a thief, or a mesmer or an ele. A guardian does not need anything to run away. Example. Our shout retreat is always wrong and as such has had a lot of people complain about it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

It also fits with the guardian mentality. Get into the Fight quick but stay to the end.

I really despise this argument, to be honest. Just like how guardian is supposed to get into a fight and stay there, warriors were supposed to be susceptible to conditions. Rangers were supposed to be dependent on their pets for damage.

Last I checked, those other two cases were no longer true. So why do we still have to apply this argument here if it’s no longer applicable there?

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I would like a targetless forward blink at shorter distance (500?) for both merciful intervention and judges intervention. With a target it would retain the 1200 range blink, both functioning at full capacity (aoe heal or burn at the 500 or 1200 range blink).

Changing MI to a ground target while maintaining close range combat is restrictive in view as you are often closed up so you can’t even see 1200 range away unless you turn your camera down horizontal (in melee I tend to aim camera in an isometric to get a birds eye view of combat. it gauges my positioning better in melee).

being able to drop target and JI away would be nice, and being able to blink forward at 500 range with MI or 1200 range if ally is infront of you is nice.

Targeting allies makes it an issue though, which is why I suggest only forward blinking and closest target in visible cone infront of you (kind of like how zealot’s embrace works, just rolls forward on ground till it hits a target)

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

It used to be like that back in the Beta days (maybe soon after release, I don’t remember). They saw it and nerfed it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

No they already kittened up MI for pve thanks to a “pvp buff” that didnt even fix the problem that we wanted fixed. JI works perfect with my crappy 3 button mouse i dont want to buy a 14 button mouse to use half of my abilities due to groundtargetting in real time being a pain in the kitten .

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It also fits with the guardian mentality. Get into the Fight quick but stay to the end.

I really despise this argument, to be honest. Just like how guardian is supposed to get into a fight and stay there, warriors were supposed to be susceptible to conditions. Rangers were supposed to be dependent on their pets for damage.

Last I checked, those other two cases were no longer true. So why do we still have to apply this argument here if it’s no longer applicable there?

Because if we had peels just like the warrior then you’ve just change the already good bunk guard meta. That and I don’t want to play like a warrior… ever. I’m perfectly fine with my easy teleport-in but not-so-much-out skills.

No they already kittened up MI for pve thanks to a “pvp buff” that didnt even fix the problem that we wanted fixed. JI works perfect with my crappy 3 button mouse i dont want to buy a 14 button mouse to use half of my abilities due to groundtargetting in real time being a pain in the kitten .

You’d hate playing hammy warrior then
Yes I agree.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Because if we had peels just like the warrior then you’ve just change the already good bunk guard meta. That and I don’t want to play like a warrior… ever. I’m perfectly fine with my easy teleport-in but not-so-much-out skills.

Well warrior mobility in its current state is another issue entirely. I’m fine with having to stay in a fight as a guardian, but if that’s what it’s going to be then we need to have the utilities that can keep the enemy in the fight with us even if they’re moving, which we are currently lacking.

I’m just sick of this whole “guardian is supposed to be a close range fighter that doesn’t get to run away, but guardian also doesn’t get to stop other people from running away”. That’s a load of garbage, and something has to give.

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

This idea is a double edge sword. Looks good on the paper, but practicality is it viable? Is it balance? Mesmer blink required trait to blink at 1200, Guard blink 1200 without any trait? Not to mention, J.I provides Fury to surrounding allies and self, Heal, Burning. On top of that, now you whining to have teleport function like other classes? Do you think its fair? Sure not!

I still prefer to blink while not facing the enemy (a way for Guard to troll actually) the element of surprise is there, however, if were to suit your proposal, you are easily predictable by enemy because you are always facing the front whenever you perform J.I.

Furthermore you wouldn’t have to worry of teleport shorter distance even if your target is out of 1200 range.
For those who dislike/sick/annoyed by the idea of “guardian are not suppose to run away”, just roll other class, as simple as that. For me, J.I is good as it is now, and i like the concept of not running away.(while trolling ppl actually i could >) )

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Well warrior mobility in its current state is another issue entirely. I’m fine with having to stay in a fight as a guardian, but if that’s what it’s going to be then we need to have the utilities that can keep the enemy in the fight with us even if they’re moving, which we are currently lacking.

I’m just sick of this whole “guardian is supposed to be a close range fighter that doesn’t get to run away, but guardian also doesn’t get to stop other people from running away”. That’s a load of garbage, and something has to give.

It could be difficult adding something that doesn’t break the guardian. I’m curious if a “Activating Sigils cripples surrounding foes” trait would suffice. The cripple would have to be at least 5 seconds at a 300 radius.

I wouldn’t use it because I have no issues reaching my target but maybe other guardians would… just theory crafting :/ I like to think Anet reads posts like these.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

xDudisx.5914

This idea is a double edge sword. Looks good on the paper, but practicality is it viable? Is it balance? Mesmer blink required trait to blink at 1200, Guard blink 1200 without any trait? Not to mention, J.I provides Fury to surrounding allies and self, Heal, Burning. On top of that, now you whining to have teleport function like other classes? Do you think its fair? Sure not!

I still prefer to blink while not facing the enemy (a way for Guard to troll actually) the element of surprise is there, however, if were to suit your proposal, you are easily predictable by enemy because you are always facing the front whenever you perform J.I.

Furthermore you wouldn’t have to worry of teleport shorter distance even if your target is out of 1200 range.
For those who dislike/sick/annoyed by the idea of “guardian are not suppose to run away”, just roll other class, as simple as that. For me, J.I is good as it is now, and i like the concept of not running away.(while trolling ppl actually i could >) )

To give fury you need a trait. To reduce the cooldown you need another trait. To get the heal you need another trait. Three traits total. Meditations require much more investment than mesmer blink.

I don’t see a reason for guards not been able to use it as a blink.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Guardian

yLoon.5289

The point is, J.I have the luxury to be improvised with all these traits, while Mesmer need to select the trait which is innately existed in J.I.

Your proposal (which many ppl have highlighted long ago) is a buff that’s for sure Everyday there are people shouting want this and want that, but my concern is how do we achieve a balance with other classes.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

yLoon, the core issue here is that you feel guardian is balanced, while others feel it is not. So any suggestions to enhance guardian abilities to you is seen as making us over powered.

While to the others it is trying to bridge the gap that they feel are behind other classes currently.

So you will never agree and you are always putting down the others suggestions.

As far as giving a compromise, I suggested that without a target, JI could act as a 500 meter blink forward blink, and with a target it would act as a 1200 meter teleport as it currently does.

I do not feel ground targeting is the answer because it creates a clunky mechanic which hinders the natural flow of melee combat and running/moving/turning.

Ranged classes have an easier time placing ground targeting effects because of the field of view being wider and more visibility range versus the isometric top down view of melee.

in Guardian

yLoon.5289

With due respect in which post do i even mentioned Guardian is balanced or putting down suggestion? i am just looking changes/suggestion in a holistic point of view.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

After 2.8k hours on my guardian I made asura warrior, and that class is so awesome. If 3,4 ppl are about to gank you you just use your GS abilities to escape gankers. Guardians can dream of that for now. Guardian lack mobility thats a fact plus they lack of other conditions (torment would be great for guardians because they lack mobility).

All other classes have blinks why guardians dont have that. Give Guardians better defense skills and better dmg if they cannot escape from combat. Just my 2 cents.

in Guardian

xDudisx.5914

Blink base cooldown = 30s
JI base cooldown =45s

I don’t how this small quality of life buff would be bad. Medi guard is not meta in pve. Medi guard is not meta in wvw zerging. Medi guard is not that popular in spvp. Medi guard is not that popular in wvw roaming compared to other classes.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Guardian

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

So basically the guardian is screwed when he enters a fight he can’t win, my medi zerker has great troubles d/d ele’s and turret engi’s – but sometimes I can’t avoid these fights.

So I should just roll over die? :/

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

So basically the guardian is screwed when he enters a fight he can’t win, my medi zerker has great troubles d/d ele’s and turret engi’s – but sometimes I can’t avoid these fights.

Yes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Yes.

balance at its finest

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

The point is, J.I have the luxury to be improvised with all these traits, while Mesmer need to select the trait which is innately existed in J.I.

Your proposal (which many ppl have highlighted long ago) is a buff that’s for sure Everyday there are people shouting want this and want that, but my concern is how do we achieve a balance with other classes.

Judge’s Intervention is also based on a primarily melee-oriented class and has a 50% longer cooldown. I don’t see how you have an argument here.

in Guardian

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Wow.. not liking my thoughts.. pity I’m not a troll it Could have gone well. Mostly I like that is is stuck on a target because it allows us keep on top of someone.. Personally I run JI and FB on sword and have no trouble staying on top of most enemy’s. add a GS # 3 in there if you still want.. BB is another thing to keep them in, same with hammer or scepter for immob’s. And It wasn’t really the mentality of going into a fight and dying because you can’t get out it’s more of a thing you are a GUARDIAN! You wanna mess people up then you GET IN THEIR FACE you dont tele away from them.. they think they fine then they get a you in their face with a Greatswod and now they thinking about runing away. You did your job. It also works well with Banish, Mighty blow, WW…one of the best openers in the game imho