[Suggestion] Make the shouts not attack

in Guardian

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Currently if you’re near an enemy (red) or a neutral creature (yellow) and you use a shout, you will try to attack that creature. This is an annoying behavior that is annoying when you barely can pass some creatures as you can go in combat. Going in combat is quite annoying for my scenario.

Except for the lore, I see no reason to have my character try to make hit to a creature.

The same should be applied to warriors’ shouts.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

in Guardian

Posted by: Daerian.6523

Daerian.6523

Turn off autotargeting.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I was about to say I didn’t even know it was possible to have shouts put you in combat lol. But I haven’t used auto targeting since I was a lowbie leveling.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Not so much an auto targeting issue, as a having to make sure you clear targets before you do it. I have had it happen in WvW when I was using mobs to teleport with sword, switched to scepter and used retreat to move across the map, always end up throwing orbs at random mobs -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’m not asking for work-around, but rather a fix. Shouts should not force me in combat mode, no matter what option I may or may not have.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I’m not asking for work-around, but rather a fix. Shouts should not force me in combat mode, no matter what option I may or may not have.

Stop yelling at the enemy. You’re the one provoking them.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand