Suggestion: "Save Yourselves!"

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Conditions pulled from “Save Yourselves!” are normalized per affected target.

Normally, the transfer effect of “Save Yourselves!” often risks near-instant death. While methods to counter this do exist, each requires a second skill to be equipped and consumed in rapid succession. Conditions have become much more powerful and plentiful from several balance patches. Resistance may have been added as a means of negating the potency of Conditions, but adding it would ultimately break the skill’s balance.

The change I am proposing would pull Conditions from affected targets, but only apply a fixed, maximum number of stacks with a fixed duration. The number of stacks increases based on the affected targets (duration in the case of Conditions stacking in duration).

Examples:

• When “Save Yourselves!” affects a target with Bleeding, you remove all Bleeding stacks from that target. You gain three stacks of Bleeding that lasts 10 seconds. Four additional targets have Bleeding. Those four targets are cleansed of Bleeding, but you gain an additional 12 stacks of Bleeding (a total of 15 stacks).
  • When “Save Yourselves!” affects a target with Weakened, you remove Weakened from that target. You gain five seconds of Weakened. Four additional targets have Weakened. Those four targets are cleansed of Weakened, but you gain an additional 20 seconds of Weakened (a total of 25 seconds).

Mechanically, the skill doesn’t change. It’s function is to empower the Guardian temporarily while cleansing nearby allies of lethal amounts of Conditions. The risk, however, is substantially lowered as the number of stacks the Guardian pulls in are (in most cases) decreased.

in Guardian

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

They could just add a couple seconds of resistance to SY, so initially you chew up some condi time with no side effects. Once the resistance drops you would then have to decide if you still need more condi clear to be safe or if the main stacks have expired.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Guardian

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

wait, don’t shouts convert condis into boons? I have never once killed myself with “save yourselves”. I believe that it first pulls condis to you and then the conversion takes effect, or am i wrong? i could be wrong.

“Save Yourselves!” will remove conditions before Pure of Voice triggers and converts any conditions.
Superior Rune of the Trooper will stack with Pure of Voice, removing a second condition after Pure of Voice has converted the first condition.
Conditions are always converted into fixed boons, displayed in the following table:
———GW2 Wiki

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Guardian

Viralseed.9362

wait, don’t shouts convert condis into boons? I have never once killed myself with “save yourselves”. I believe that it first pulls condis to you and then the conversion takes effect, or am i wrong? i could be wrong.

If a Guardian has Pure of Voice, conditions drawn from allies will not be converted into boons.

source

I assume the same applies to Superior Runes of the Trooper.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Just add resistance to the shout. There are multiple “new” boons that are missing and all of them should be added so the shout works as it was intended at launch. For every boon they dont add in the shout gets relatively weaker and just more dangerous to use.

In this case i would trust “our” FAQ.

“Q21
If I have Pure of Voice traited with Runes of the Soldier and use “Save Yourselves!” in what order do these remove and convert conditions.
“Save Yourselves!” will always trigger first, stripping conditions from Allies in range and stacking them on yourself. Allies will not get the benefit of boon conversion from Pure of Voice.
The 6th Soldier Rune will then remove a condition (see note) from yourself and Allies.
Finally Pure of Voice which will remove another condition from yourself and allies and grant a corresponding boon to the players that were cured.

Note: Condition removal is often assumed to purge most recent condition, but when multiple conditions are applied simultaneously, the effect appears to be random or based on some obscure priority mechanism."

in Guardian

Viralseed.9362

Just add resistance to the shout. There are multiple “new” boons that are missing and all of them should be added so the shout works as it was intended at launch. For every boon they dont add in the shout gets relatively weaker and just more dangerous to use.

Adding Resistance to an instant-cast stun break with the purpose of absorbing dozens of conditions doesn’t seem broken?

“Save Yourselves!” doesn’t need every Boon added to it. In fact, two Boons at launch weren’t included as part of the skill: Stability and Aegis. It doesn’t need every Boon, and the fact it is no long split in PvP (10 second duration up from 5) makes it a powerful burst of Boons. Adding four more Boons including one to shutdown Condition builds and another to add the longest, self-application of Quickness available wouldn’t fix the skill as much as it would ruin the balance.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

No it doesnt seem broken, just balance it with decreased duration. The amount of conditions and power/duration of condition has increased so its overdue imo. Why not 3-5 s duration and 30 sec cd. And it doesnt absorb dozens of conditions, the fact is that the conditions do the exact same damage and its just a game of healthpools.
And if you are playing your guardian to its brim chances are that you are in the front already soaking up the majority of damage.

Tbh close to no one uses this shout anymore. Its just to dangerous and actually requires other skills to be used.

And lets not exagerate, such a change wont ruin balance. It would only make shouts relatively stronger compared to medis. If you are right this would alter meta, i seriously doubt that.

Memory serves me wrong apparently, played ah/shoutbuilds since early access and i cant recall sys just giving two boons. I cant for my life recall that it ever given me stability. lol im getting old.
You learn something every day.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You don’t need a ton of resistance, just enough to evaluate what conditions you’ve just pulled.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Viralseed.9362

Memory serves me wrong apparently, played ah/shoutbuilds since early access and i cant recall sys just giving two boons. I cant for my life recall that it ever given me stability. lol im getting old.
You learn something every day.

In fact, two Boons at launch weren’t included as part of the skill: Stability and Aegis.

Memory isn’t the problem here.

“Save Yourselves!” is definitely the worst of the Shout utilities, but if Resistance would have fixed the skill, I assume they would have done it already when they did the last wave of balancing (when the split was removed). I believe the developers have either tried adding Resistance, or are “more conservative about balance” to do so.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

^Wouldn’t be so sure about that, I remember them being surprised and unaware of people finding Shield to be weak when they were informed about it in a stream by a player, they might genuinely consider “Save Yourselves!” or Sword #3 to be in good spots

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@Viralseed
lol, its was reading skills that were lacking, sorry.

I dont think they have a clue regarding the state of the shout or any other utility for that matter. The constant (relative) buffing of medis shows that.

SyS has poor synergy with traits, its the worst shout for AH builds and it offers no boon conversion from PoV.

It has the longest cool downs of our shouts.

From a boon perspective it gives less total uptime on boons compared to our other shouts when in a group situation.

It doesnt remove conditions, just transfer them to the player with the lowest healthpool. Its more or less a mind game, lets move the conditions and render the guardian useless. Its just bad design and especially in the current state of conditions.

They could add stability, quickness and resistance and still it wouldnt be that powerful. It would still have less heals from AH, it would still not convert to boons but now at least it would remove some of the condi pressure.

If it becomes to powerful why not make it the elite and boost it so it get on pair with shelter.

What needs to be done to our shouts is that pure of voice needs to be stronger. Imo removing 2 conditions, a 1k aoe heal and reduced cd would make it a contender to medis.

CD on retreat needs to be lowered, with PoV it should give 100% uptime on swiftness.

They should really look at the warrior here and the low cool downs. No utility shout should have a cd higher than 20s when using pure of voice. Beside stability shouts are very lackluster atm and its due to the increased condi pressure. Shouts where good back in the day when condi pressure was lower but there has been a power creep here and atm trooper runes and pov dont cut it with the high cds on our shouts.