Suggestion for Aegis and Spirit Weapons

in Guardian

Posted by: XFX.7328

XFX.7328

Being a Guardian main since 2012, I always loved to concept of a magical/holy Warrior that can fend for themselves in skirmishes and provide superior defenses on the battlefield. Sadly the one unique defensive mechanic for Guardian, Aegis, is quite useless right now with how fast the game is getting in regards to weapon/utility skills as well as the speed at which conditions can be generated. I wish the Devs would listen just a little more to us Guardians. I love Guardian too much to see it fall in the area where its suppose to be best, so below is a small adjustment to Aegis for Guardians.

NEW AEGIS:
- Base line for Guardian applied aegis:
Stacks intensity as well as duration. Stacks up to 5 on intensity and the stacked duration applies for each stack of aegis (this duration can not be increased beyond 30 seconds, in line with the virtue of courage’s passive).
- New trait: Pure of Heart -> Unyielding Shelter
Aegis grants regen on application and heals on block. Aegis will now block unblockable attacks

Also for The Guardian’s skirmishing potential, I went ahead and reworked the notoriously bad Spirit Weapons into something usable and more sustained than burst. I mean I really want Spirit Weapons to feel Guardian unique and fun to play, while still requiring skill to master and I think I created something that fits these ideas. Hope you guys like it!! And don’t forget this is all open for discussion about the new Aegis and Spirit Weapons; I like talking about adding, changing, or making news things for Professions, especially Guardian!

NEW SPIRIT WEAPONS
- New trait: Expeditious Spirits-> Guardian Spirits – SW cooldowns are reduced by 15% and you gain 10% movement speed while channeling. Foes that are hit by a spirit attack skill are marked with [Broken Spirit]. (reapplying [Broken Spirits] will only refresh the 5s duration).
o [Broken Spirit] (5s)– reduce the cooldown of your SW further by 1 second for each consecutive hit on marked targets.

- Spirit Weapons still provide their passive attacks/effects while summoned.
- Summon SW will remain summoned for 60 seconds.
- The time it takes to summon SW is now 1s instead of 1.5s. SW movement speed has been increase by 33% as well as their health pools being doubled. SWs now have a channel effect to their skills, where they are called back to the Guardian’s hands and charged to unleash a spirit attack. SWs have three spirit attacks representative of Tapped, Charge 1, or Charge 2. Using any skill will consume the weapon and put it on its respective cooldown.
- Channeling skills involve you holding down the skill and then releasing at the desired skill. Each skill would have a change in stance to indicate which channeled skill you will use.

- Sword of Justice: (Channels for 3s, Channel 1: 0-2s, Channel 2: 2-3s)

o Tapped – Surging Light – 10s, 8.5s w/ CD
Strike the ground under you burning and damaging foes while applying vulnerability (10 stacks).
o Charge 1 – Luster Rend – 20s, 17s w/ CD
Slash the air twice sending out two streams of light that damage and blind foes they pass through while also making then vulnerable (5 stacks each). The streams are wide and horizontal for the most part.
o Charge 2 – Divine Purge – 30s, 25.5s w/ CD
Whirl once around sending out a radial wave of fiery spirit energy, pushing back, damaging and burning foes while also applying vulnerability(10 stacks) and weakness. Allies gain might. The guardian is cured of 3 conditions.

- Hammer of Wisdom: (Channels for 3s, Channel 1: 0-2s, Channel 2: 2-3s)

o Tapped – Courageous Impact – 15s, 12.75s w/ CD
Leap towards your target damaging and knocking them down.
o Charge 1 – Virtuous Disperse – 30s, 25.5s w/ CD
Swing your hammer in front of you damaging and knocking back up to three enemies. Gain retaliation.
o Charge 2 – Zealot’s Expanse – kitten , 38.25s w/ CD
Create a field where enemies gain pulses of blind, vulnerability(2 stacks), and weakness, while being slowed for 33% their movement speed. Allies in the field gain retaliation.

- Bow of Truth: (Channels for 3.5s, Channel 1: 0-2.5s, Channel 2: 2.5-3.5s)

o Tapped – Starlight Volley – 20s 17s w/ CD
Fire off a barrage of light that heals and cures conditions at target location.
o Charge 1 – Radiant Bypass – 40s, 34s w/ CD
Leap a short distance in the direction you are moving and shoot out a short rapid burst of arrows at your target blinding and damaging them.(Breaks Immob and Cripple)
o Charge 2 – Light’s Hope – 60s, 51s w/ CD
(skill shot)Fire off a fast massive arrow of light that passes through allies and explodes when it hits an enemy. The arrow grants regen and converts 2 conditions on allies it passes. On explosion the arrow heals nearby allies and dazes foes for 1.75 seconds. Unblockable.

- Shield of the Avenger (Channels for 3s, Channel 1: 0-3s, Channel 2: 3s) (The shield now always remains within a certain range of the guardian (range = 180)):

o Tapped – Toss of Courage – 15s, 12.75s w/ CD
Throw out your shield hitting multiple allies and foes. Foes are damaged, crippled and weakened while allies are given aegis. (breaks stun)
o Charge 1 – Valorous Guard – 30s, 25.5s w/ CD
Take a defensive stance, blocking all direct damage (not cc) while gaining stability(3 stacks). Upon release during channel, send out a radial wave of light that damages and weakens foes while granting protection and stability to allies.
o Charge 2 – Resolute Inclination – 60s, 51s w/ CD
At full channel, instantly take a firm defensive position and remain there for 2s absorbing all forms of damage while being immune to cc. Foes whom are close (120 radius) to the Guardian are taunted for 2 seconds. After the 2 seconds release a massive shock-wave that damages foes for 50% of the damage absorbed and heals allies for 20% of the same amount. Allies are granted protection, fury, and regen. The Guardian converts all of the conditions he/she is suffering into boons.

in Guardian

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Being a Guardian main since 2012, I always loved to concept of a magical/holy Warrior that can fend for themselves in skirmishes and provide superior defenses on the battlefield. Sadly the one unique defensive mechanic for Guardian, Aegis, is quite useless right now with how fast the game is getting in regards to weapon/utility skills as well as the speed at which conditions can be generated. I wish the Devs would listen just a little more to us Guardians. I love Guardian too much to see it fall in the area where its suppose to be best, so below is a small adjustment to Aegis for Guardians.

NEW AEGIS:
- Base line for Guardian applied aegis:
Stacks intensity as well as duration. Stacks up to 5 on intensity and the stacked duration applies for each stack of aegis (this duration can not be increased beyond 30 seconds, in line with the virtue of courage’s passive).
- New trait: Pure of Heart -> Unyielding Shelter
Aegis grants regen on application and heals on block. Aegis will now block unblockable attacks

Also for The Guardian’s skirmishing potential, I went ahead and reworked the notoriously bad Spirit Weapons into something usable and more sustained than burst. I mean I really want Spirit Weapons to feel Guardian unique and fun to play, while still requiring skill to master and I think I created something that fits these ideas. Hope you guys like it!! And don’t forget this is all open for discussion about the new Aegis and Spirit Weapons; I like talking about adding, changing, or making news things for Professions, especially Guardian!

NEW SPIRIT WEAPONS
- New trait: Expeditious Spirits-> Guardian Spirits – SW cooldowns are reduced by 15% and you gain 10% movement speed while channeling. Foes that are hit by a spirit attack skill are marked with [Broken Spirit]. (reapplying [Broken Spirits] will only refresh the 5s duration).
o [Broken Spirit] (5s)– reduce the cooldown of your SW further by 1 second for each consecutive hit on marked targets.

- Spirit Weapons still provide their passive attacks/effects while summoned.
- Summon SW will remain summoned for 60 seconds.
- The time it takes to summon SW is now 1s instead of 1.5s. SW movement speed has been increase by 33% as well as their health pools being doubled. SWs now have a channel effect to their skills, where they are called back to the Guardian’s hands and charged to unleash a spirit attack. SWs have three spirit attacks representative of Tapped, Charge 1, or Charge 2. Using any skill will consume the weapon and put it on its respective cooldown.
- Channeling skills involve you holding down the skill and then releasing at the desired skill. Each skill would have a change in stance to indicate which channeled skill you will use.

- Sword of Justice: (Channels for 3s, Channel 1: 0-2s, Channel 2: 2-3s)

o Tapped – Surging Light – 10s, 8.5s w/ CD
Strike the ground under you burning and damaging foes while applying vulnerability (10 stacks).
o Charge 1 – Luster Rend – 20s, 17s w/ CD
Slash the air twice sending out two streams of light that damage and blind foes they pass through while also making then vulnerable (5 stacks each). The streams are wide and horizontal for the most part.
o Charge 2 – Divine Purge – 30s, 25.5s w/ CD
Whirl once around sending out a radial wave of fiery spirit energy, pushing back, damaging and burning foes while also applying vulnerability(10 stacks) and weakness. Allies gain might. The guardian is cured of 3 conditions.

- Hammer of Wisdom: (Channels for 3s, Channel 1: 0-2s, Channel 2: 2-3s)

o Tapped – Courageous Impact – 15s, 12.75s w/ CD
Leap towards your target damaging and knocking them down.
o Charge 1 – Virtuous Disperse – 30s, 25.5s w/ CD
Swing your hammer in front of you damaging and knocking back up to three enemies. Gain retaliation.
o Charge 2 – Zealot’s Expanse – kitten , 38.25s w/ CD
Create a field where enemies gain pulses of blind, vulnerability(2 stacks), and weakness, while being slowed for 33% their movement speed. Allies in the field gain retaliation.

- Bow of Truth: (Channels for 3.5s, Channel 1: 0-2.5s, Channel 2: 2.5-3.5s)

o Tapped – Starlight Volley – 20s 17s w/ CD
Fire off a barrage of light that heals and cures conditions at target location.
o Charge 1 – Radiant Bypass – 40s, 34s w/ CD
Leap a short distance in the direction you are moving and shoot out a short rapid burst of arrows at your target blinding and damaging them.(Breaks Immob and Cripple)
o Charge 2 – Light’s Hope – 60s, 51s w/ CD
(skill shot)Fire off a fast massive arrow of light that passes through allies and explodes when it hits an enemy. The arrow grants regen and converts 2 conditions on allies it passes. On explosion the arrow heals nearby allies and dazes foes for 1.75 seconds. Unblockable.

- Shield of the Avenger (Channels for 3s, Channel 1: 0-3s, Channel 2: 3s) (The shield now always remains within a certain range of the guardian (range = 180)):

o Tapped – Toss of Courage – 15s, 12.75s w/ CD
Throw out your shield hitting multiple allies and foes. Foes are damaged, crippled and weakened while allies are given aegis. (breaks stun)
o Charge 1 – Valorous Guard – 30s, 25.5s w/ CD
Take a defensive stance, blocking all direct damage (not cc) while gaining stability(3 stacks). Upon release during channel, send out a radial wave of light that damages and weakens foes while granting protection and stability to allies.
o Charge 2 – Resolute Inclination – 60s, 51s w/ CD
At full channel, instantly take a firm defensive position and remain there for 2s absorbing all forms of damage while being immune to cc. Foes whom are close (120 radius) to the Guardian are taunted for 2 seconds. After the 2 seconds release a massive shock-wave that damages foes for 50% of the damage absorbed and heals allies for 20% of the same amount. Allies are granted protection, fury, and regen. The Guardian converts all of the conditions he/she is suffering into boons.

First i have to say: Yes you are right this things need improvements.
Second: Aegis with 3 stacks could be enough, but Anet should consider this change.
Third: The charge thing with the SW is kinda complicated, it could be just an effekt for the next attack.
Actovation of the SW could be a buff, and instead of summoning a weapon it could be kind of a weaponkit, just for offhand or mainhand and your utility slot is there to activate the weapon for a special effekt.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As I said in another thread

You can make all the suggestions you want its pretty much a certainty Anet will never use them & pretty much a given at this point that they have no idea WTF they are doing with guardians in PvP.

If you want to continue doing it for fun by all means go ahead Some of the ideas even sound quite nice but I would not expect any of this to ever get done.

in Guardian

XFX.7328

@insane- yeah i think 3 stacks aegis could work too, and SW being a buff that grants you other skill effects could be promising. I like the thought!

@ Ragnar – when you are right you are right. Anet really doesnt know much of Guardian or which direction to even take it, and that is really sad for such a promising profession. With regard to Anet not giving a hoot for any of the suggestions that players make, it is really disheartening since i have come across numerous posts that have incredible suggestions able to save professions from being stale as day old bread. I just wish Anet would read up on these posts, but with the recent events idk if they even have time, let alone concern for its professions.

in Guardian

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

I think it would be cool for spirit weapons, if ANet nerfed them (hear me out) but made them permanent buffs.

So basically, you slot the skill in you action bar and summon the weapon, and it stays summoned until you unsummon it, basically giving the Guardian 4 little pets. Maybe have the unsummon action do a buff/action of some sort, but then have the weapon on a 20-30s cooldown.
They could do passive damage, and just double or triple the cooldown of their big moves (Or have that as the unsummon action) and have it done automatically as opposed to doing the command yourself.

I just want to be a guardian running around with 4 glowing weapons lol
Yeah, permanent pets, that do their big action when you unsummon them.
So yeah, if their going to be useless, at least be visually interesting.

in Guardian

XFX.7328

Now you got me thinking haha. what if they gave a two auras based on them being summoned or not. The un-summoned aura would be like a signet passive but then when you summon the weapon the passive changes completely.

For example you could have a passive on the Sword of Justice that gives like extra damage or something and then once activated the passive turns to an on hit effect that apples unblockable damage (based on power) and certain conditions based on what other weapons are summoned.

Also I think that the instant activation of their command skills on summon isnt a bad idea.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alaryk.6310

Alaryk.6310

I like the idea you have, but like Ragnar the Rock stated its wish in one hand kitten in the other, which will fill up first? In Guardian way of things kitten will fill faster than you can say spin to win, The question I have is why does Torch 5 skill not apply condi to the target ? I mean you are breathing fire on them, that always was a strange thing to me.

The SW shield is cool but I always wanted that kitten thing to stick to my side and let me activate the bubble as I see fit, ever notice that blasted thing wiggles off and bubbles in some place you don’t need it? What about Sword in general and how out dated the skills on that is? Why are every weapon the guardian can use a power based weapon, why not have some as condi? I read some where else on the guardian forums about a shield change that was nice, it made skill 5 bubble block instead of absorb, that would work well with the trait Amplified Wrath. In my opinion Shield 4 is just boring and like a prom date, done in seconds.

I could go on and on about how I would change this or do to that but I feel like others do, it all falls on def ears. We can yes post ideas on the forums but in the end we just sit and wait for the next update to see the next nerf they bring to this class.

God Speed Guardians.

in Guardian

XFX.7328

To be honest there are no def ears for our words to fall on anyway. I agree that there is alot that needs/can be changed but wont because of how incompetent the Guardian team is, but that just me.

Also besides the 5 skill not burning the enemy, why doesn’t it cleanse conditions on us as well?? i needz da cleanze!!! I mean there is a reason torch 5 is nearly never used lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As I said in another thread

I have said for several years that they should change them to function like weapon enchantments did on the Dervish in GW1.

For those who don’t know what that did the weapon enchantments acted in a similar fashion to thief venom’s, except instead of doing conditions they had various effects ranging from health steals, AOE healing, some conditions etc..

By doing that they could keep the general feel & look of the spirit weapons, except the effect would be applied to you.

For instance

The sword, could give you access to some condition on attack for X attacks.

The hammer, could cause your next attack to be a knock down

The shield, could create a bubble that stays on you for X seconds which absorbs or blocks ranged attacks

The staff, could cause your next X attacks to do an AOE heal in addition to whatever the attack does.

As for AEGIS there are 2 routes they could go down

1: Make AEGIS act like some of the monk spells in GW1 or as power word shield does for priests in WOW.
In that it will absorb/block physical damage up to a set point, conditions would still be applied and not be blocked & after it absorbs a set number it would fall off.

or

2: Simply change AEGIS to block for a set amount of time after being triggered (Say 1/2 – 1 second)

They should also regardless of which route they go make it so any traits regarding AEGIS be triggered when an old AEGIS is overwritten with a new one.

Those alone would have a incredibly good effect on guardian survivability.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daniel.1204

Daniel.1204

Also give guardian more hp, 11,6k base health is too much low for melee class, give guardian at least 15,9k like Revenant, Engineer, Ranger or Mesmer have.

in Guardian

Posted by: MrRomanticGuildGuy.7568

MrRomanticGuildGuy.7568

Aegis should only block a damage of 25-50% of the Players health or Special attacks, so aegis doesn’t not get triggered by normal attacks.