in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

(1): +25 Toughness.png Toughness
(2): -10% Condition Duration
(3): +50 Toughness.png Toughness
(4): -10% Condition Duration
(5): +90 Toughness.png Toughness
(6): You gain aegis for 5s when you activate a signet skill. (Cooldown: 30s)

(In WvW, not PvE)

Worth use it with full signets (or 2 utility signets) and “Aegis heals on Removal” / “Aegis apply burning” (Damage on next patch)? It may be useful on a DPS spec (Zerker/Knights).

Example: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQBUiBqIcQIlQJCLFE0gYFqIA-w

What you think?

Sorry for my english.

Superior Rune of Resistance: Worth it?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I don’t really think so. Best part about the rune is the -20% condition duration. Aegis on a 30 second cd is pretty lackluster for a 6th bonus.

The new sigil is meh too, it’s +5 toughness per kill. So only 125 tough at 25 stacks.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Why not? It’s the current lowest cooldown on-demand Aegis, isn’kitten I am gonna compare this rune with Melandru tonight and see which one is better. The difference is pretty much Aegis with 30s cooldown vs. -5% Cond. Duration & -25% Stun Duration. I use Signet of Judgment and Resolve.

I just wish they didn’t make it a toughness rune, since we already have Melandru. If it was Vitality, I’d be so happy.

But then again, it’s probably more valuable to thief or warrior.. Gee whiz Anet..

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

(edited by xFireize.6318)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

With a 30s cd this is beyond useless. let alone we only have 1 instant cast signet, so we would HAVE to use judgement if we intended to actually use the aegis to block something. Not sure what the point of them adding this rune actually was…

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I think if you build for it, they’ll be a nice bonus to burst depending on how Shattered Aegis turns out.

My Hammer/Mace+Focus build is getting better and better….

This will have very little effect on Zerg vs Zerg due to splash aoe.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

What? No. And the Toughness sigil is pointless too. If you need more sustain on a WvW Guardian and decide to look to a stacking sigil to provide it, run Life. The scaling on Selfless Daring + the residual effects on other healing sources (regen, #6 skill) make +250 Healing Power worth a lot more to us than 250 Toughness when it comes to sustain.

A full signet bar on a Guardian is a free kill because you have no sustained healing, protection, or anything. The only signets anyone should realistically consider running are Judgment and Mercy, and only one at a time, and preferably Judgment. Mercy’s for emergency lord “banners” and very select support builds for competitive play.

I just… I can’t really explain why it’s a bad idea to even consider because I feel like it’s so obvious. Any way you spin it, you will have less damage and/or (probably both) far less sustain than a shout or meditation build. At best, I could see this rune set offering some kind of extra utility to a HTL/SYG/Signet of Judgment setup. Maybe.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Not worth it for straight PVE for sure. In WvW I suppose that if you ran Signet of Resolve it might make for a nice panic heal. Large HP boost and a block to get out of the fire and back into the frying pan as it where. Maybe. I really doubt it though. That is as things stand now. Shattered Aegis might change that. But I really think there are better options available to us then the new rune.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the main problem i see is if you’re actively using Aegies, it needs to be instant, F3, Retreat.. most of our signets won’t be able to give you that. sure they don’t take THAT long. but if you’re trying to pop an aegis to block a big hit, by the time you see it and hit the button, you’ll be hit and then cast your aegis which will probably be taken off by an auto attack. and this is in a situation where you’re in a small fight so you don’t have random AoE’s flyign all over the place.

though, we will see how the aegis related traits work out. damage. heals, etc. sometimes i run with Signet of Resolve and Bane Signet so that’s two more aegis, but often, when i have signets on, i’d want to keep them up as long as possible unless i REALLY need them. and to sacrifice that for an aegis? hmmm. decisions. decisions.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Bash.7291

the main problem i see is if you’re actively using Aegies, it needs to be instant, F3, Retreat.. most of our signets won’t be able to give you that. sure they don’t take THAT long. but if you’re trying to pop an aegis to block a big hit, by the time you see it and hit the button, you’ll be hit and then cast your aegis which will probably be taken off by an auto attack. and this is in a situation where you’re in a small fight so you don’t have random AoE’s flyign all over the place.

though, we will see how the aegis related traits work out. damage. heals, etc. sometimes i run with Signet of Resolve and Bane Signet so that’s two more aegis, but often, when i have signets on, i’d want to keep them up as long as possible unless i REALLY need them. and to sacrifice that for an aegis? hmmm. decisions. decisions.

Keep in mind, it has a 30s CD on the 6th rune, spacing out your signets like that isn’t always going to work. The only signet I honestly think this rune works with is judgement, which would be good with an aegis since it is only really used for an emergency defense button (stun break/aoe weakness, +aegis with this rune set) however, using a rune set for a single utility skill seems pretty over the top.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

akamon.2769

ha, i didn’t even think about the CD. i probs won’t even try these runse then. but if someone can make it work, nice.

yea judgment makes sense. the aegis would be nice with that. but all else, at lesat Guardian signets, i don’t see a whole lot of use. so perhaps it really is “designed for” other classes. :ppp heh.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

they should make it like perplexity – trigger aegis when aegis is broken, no cd

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

akamon.2769

hey, that wouldn’t be half bad actually. take shattered aegis trait. heal on aegis. retal on aegis. unscathed could be more viable in WvW as well.

you’re like a walking self-sustaining bomb. they touch you, they will blow up. if they don’t touch you, you will blow them up. i think you’re on to something here again, Tars.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Anet are welcome to contract my game design services whenever they want to.

+ There’s your idea for a Sanctuary update so it moves with the guardian too

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

akamon.2769

i was just gonna say. ; ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Bash.7291

they should make it like perplexity – trigger aegis when aegis is broken, no cd

I heard you like aegis, so we put some aegis on your aegis.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I will try them out as soon as i can get my hands on them, will report back on my findings but tbh i think the posters in this thread has nailed it. Probably only going to work decently with SoJ, cast time on a single block is just bad.

in Guardian

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Seems to me that, as said before, you would have to build for it, but it would be more or less be a set more beneficial to some ranger and elementalist builds. That is just my take on it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

The rune-set is probably better on Thieves and maybe Warriors. Thieves have much more instant-cast signets with better actives and lower-CDs.

in Guardian

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

So are you only able to get aegis from 1 signet per 30 seconds? Or can you cast a signet, get aegis, get hit, then cast another immediately for another aegis???

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is specifically aimed at non-guardians. See how there is no vitality?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

Hellooohoo, I know it’s an old post…but ofc this one is made for warrior’s, maybe not the best option…but Signet of Might maybe?…pretty much same cd’s as the rune’s Aegis….granting you a block to go all out with 6sec of unblockable attacks…only somewhat usefull combo I can come up with

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

I don’t know why anet insists on putting aegis on ridiculously long cds.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

So we are not OP.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

[&AgFICQEAAA==] Hmm this looks like it is meant for Guardians, 30 second cooldown on the block heal, wonder if it will add the Aegis after shelter is used? No cooldown on the regen, however
Still won’t be a rune I would choose over Travelers outside a group/zerg, I value the +25 movement too much

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

LOL this post gets nrecro’d hard. Yep, this rune is useless (I already forgot that it even exist). Also, Blind >>>>>>>>> Aegis.

Traveler/Pack are the only viable for now in PvP wise. (or max runes of trooper, if u are shout support)

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

It’s not worth it.

Mainly due to the fact that most guardian signet actives suck

Signet of resolve is alright, though very few will take it over shelter because preventing damage > healing up after its caused.

Judgment is good because it breaks stuns

The other signets however just suck.

Bane, the CD is far too long. The recent buff to the knock down is nice but would have been much better as a CD reduction.

Wrath, the immobilize is nice but who the heck runs a condition guardian outside Spvp ?

Mercy, well its just a joke. Healing power scales badly & it requires you to be on top of your single ally to revive, not to mention the long cast time means your better off just rezzing the regular way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

LOL this post gets nrecro’d hard. Yep, this rune is useless (I already forgot that it even exist). Also, Blind >>>>>>>>> Aegis.

Traveler/Pack are the only viable for now in PvP wise. (or max runes of trooper, if u are shout support)

IDK, I have an off set with runes of the pack that work decently.

The extra swiftness uptime is nice not to mention the might/fury/swiftness proc.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

I don’t know why anet insists on putting aegis on ridiculously long cds.

Imagine an ele with written in stone and 4 signets with that rune if it would have no cooldown :<

Bullet Punch