Superior Sigil of Strength vs Accuracy

in Guardian

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Has anyone run the numbers on these two? I was immediately attracted to the sigil of strength as it is one of the few sigils that has no hidden internal cooldown. In larger fights I’ve seen a +5 stack of might pop up from a single mighty blow, that combined with AH for heals makes it hard to beat. That being said, it’s really hard to get a guardian’s base crit rate up and the +5% is really tempting.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Has anyone run the numbers on these two? I was immediately attracted to the sigil of strength as it is one of the few sigils that has no hidden internal cooldown. In larger fights I’ve seen a +5 stack of might pop up from a single mighty blow, that combined with AH for heals makes it hard to beat. That being said, it’s really hard to get a guardian’s base crit rate up and the +5% is really tempting.

The sigil does have an internal cooldown, if you run things like virtue’s 5 point talent, Empowering might, or valor’s might on block it is very easy to get might stacks up, which may have made it seem like it was the sigil alone. Running a 70% crit 1h build I couldn’t get past 5 stacks with just the sigil alone, and this included massive aoe crit amounts from WW on groups.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Really? Huh, I’ll have to do some double checking.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I was running might sigils and battle sigils for about a week and I can tell you it isn’t worth it

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

I was running might sigils and battle sigils for about a week and I can tell you it isn’t worth it

I have to ask, were you running them together in your build? All Sigils share cooldowns, and since the Sigil of Strength has such a short ICD (2 seconds) odds are good that if you were using both, Strength was consistently stopping Battle from taking effect.

About OP’s case of 5 Might stacks at once, I’d have to agree that you were seeing something else, especially since so many effects in this game grant 3 stacks of Might. If you happened to crit with MB in a Fire field, for instance, that would immediately put you up to 5 stacks if Strength procs (Strength+EM+3 from the Blast finisher in the field).

As for which to use, I don’t have hard numbers on them. Both will give you a nice damage boost, but which you choose comes down to what your build needs more, and it may not be a strict matter of math. Strength, despite the cooldown, still gives a very nice bonus damage/healing combo in an AH build If your crit rate is on the low end, though (30-35%, say) and you have good crit damage, the extra damage and chance to proc on-crit effects (e.g. Omnomberry Pie, for more damage/healing/crits) with Accuracy may be more worthwhile.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

I was using Superior Sigil of Strength for a while and didn’t find it helpful. I switch to Superior Sigil of Fire for extra AOE damage and am liking that better. Between the buffs I get and the crit I receive from gear, I would still choose fire of accuracy.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse