Support/Healing Build?

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Just looking at ideas for a pve party support/healing build. Any suggestions/links to builds?

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

If you have gold to blow for Healing you could attempt
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeGl8AhahYpQgmIOCIqcC+g1AuDShdwGAZbCA-TRSBABmqP45DBQFKBZ18HAnAgs2fAV1f0/JAoqyPA-e

Replace Radiance with Valor if you need more personal healing. A lot of things can be swapped around.

Or you could play the more popular DPS/Support build
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support

What I find funny is classes like Druid who are made to heal barely benefit at all from Healing Power and have ridiculously low scaling but Guardian can gain double to triple its base healing on skills from healing power.

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

If you have gold to blow for Healing you could attempt
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeGl8AhahYpQgmIOCIqcC+g1AuDShdwGAZbCA-TRSBABmqP45DBQFKBZ18HAnAgs2fAV1f0/JAoqyPA-e

Replace Radiance with Valor if you need more personal healing. A lot of things can be swapped around.

Or you could play the more popular DPS/Support build
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support

What I find funny is classes like Druid who are made to heal barely benefit at all from Healing Power and have ridiculously low scaling but Guardian can gain double to triple its base healing on skills from healing power.

I just stumbled across the second one. I’ll check out the first one too. Thanks!

And yeah, what’s up with the scaling? I was playing around with that (I have a druid too) and I know with the druid most people have said not to bother with healing power as you don’t get much of a return on the investment, but that doesn’t seem to be the case with guardian…

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

You can go with this if you have cooking and buck toons of gold to spare on food and gear.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATWnsAB9Ch97AekittendilEiS+5j+sHbDeuy8aZDgLA-TlSDQBi7QAoRlGOZ/hXpEUCPAA5oL4BXBALp+DAMBFFlZBAOA88zP/8zP3yLv8yLnUARM0C-w

The only downside to this is build is that it’s centered around the Force of Will to get maximum benefit from the food and other related traits. But you can totaly ditch Dragon Hunter for Virtues.

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

You can go with this if you have cooking and buck toons of gold to spare on food and gear.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATWnsAB9Ch97AekittendilEiS+5j+sHbDeuy8aZDgLA-TlSDQBi7QAoRlGOZ/hXpEUCPAA5oL4BXBALp+DAMBFFlZBAOA88zP/8zP3yLv8yLnUARM0C-w

The only downside to this is build is that it’s centered around the Force of Will to get maximum benefit from the food and other related traits. But you can totaly ditch Dragon Hunter for Virtues.

I have two questions, sorta related:

Why do you have such a high ferocity, and next to no precision? Wouldn’t the ferocity just sit unused without the crits to proc the extra damage?

And why did you select traits that only proc on crits when your precision is so low?

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Jack Skywalker.5674

Why do you have such a high ferocity, and next to no precision? Wouldn’t the ferocity just sit unused without the crits to proc the extra damage?

And why did you select traits that only proc on crits when your precision is so low?

Insta crit runes on weapon swap is my answer to the first question and secondly,no clue this is sort of a joke build I edited for a guy who wanted high hp, high power and no precision because of the insta crit runes on weapon swap.

Here is the link for the original post and build….you can find alternate rune/gear options to keep those high numbers

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Staffow-Build-WvW-roam-s-scale/first#post6190209

…if Scepter wasn’t absolute kitten I would never have considered Dragon Hunter for a ranged Support/Healing build

As seen in post theme is pretty annoying considering Guardian is a front line based class with little backrow options… the build is focused on having big numbers with burst limited by weapon swap mechanic. This build would probably deal double damage if the guy was using 2 Longbows instead of a Longbow and a Staff (assuming weapon swap works if you are swaping to the same weapon).

Edit: the reason why I call this a joke build is because I have problems accepting Guardians and Revenants as being competent for the role of backrow support due to their lack of variety in Ranged Weapons and the lack of utility from Virtues (the guy wanted 2 competent ranged weapons on his guardian)

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Insta crit runes on weapon swap is my answer to the first question and secondly,no clue this is sort of a joke build I edited for a guy who wanted high hp, high power and no precision because of the insta crit runes on weapon swap.

Here is the link for the original post and build….you can find alternate rune/gear options to keep those high numbers

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Staffow-Build-WvW-roam-s-scale/first#post6190209

…if Scepter wasn’t absolute kitten I would never have considered Dragon Hunter for a ranged Support/Healing build

As seen in post theme is pretty annoying considering Guardian is a front line based class with little backrow options… the build is focused on having big numbers with burst limited by weapon swap mechanic. This build would probably deal double damage if the guy was using 2 Longbows instead of a Longbow and a Staff (assuming weapon swap works if you are swaping to the same weapon).

Edit: the reason why I call this a joke build is because I have problems accepting Guardians and Revenants as being competent for the role of backrow support due to their lack of variety in Ranged Weapons and the lack of utility from Virtues (the guy wanted 2 competent ranged weapons on his guardian)

oh dear god… this explains so much… I was wondering about the weapon choices… Guardian can do a decent healing and buff role if specced correctly, but this isn’t quite it.

Edit: I’m going with hammer and mace/shield. As you pointed out, ranged isn’t an option here. I’m thinking Honor/Valor/Virtues. Seems to make the most sense.

(edited by bearshaman.3421)

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Jack Skywalker.5674

oh dear god… this explains so much… I was wondering about the weapon choices… Guardian can do a decent healing and buff role if specced correctly, but this isn’t quite it.

Edit: I’m going with hammer and mace/shield. As you pointed out, ranged isn’t an option here. I’m thinking Honor/Valor/Virtues. Seems to make the most sense.

Greatsword is better than Hammer for PvE content and Hammer is better for PvP content. Also Honor/Valor and Virtues is my go to for support specs on Guardian. Also to keep the same number values from my build you could go with either nomad or minstrel.

I also have a guild mate who is a pretty strong advocate of GS and Staff for tank/healer game play so you could probably find some inspiration for that combo.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Greatsword is better than Hammer for PvE content and Hammer is better for PvP content. Also Honor/Valor and Virtues is my go to for support specs on Guardian. Also to keep the same number values from my build you could go with either nomad or minstrel.

I also have a guild mate who is a pretty strong advocate of GS and Staff for tank/healer game play so you could probably find some inspiration for that combo.

I would have to get over my raging hatred of the staff. the AA is about the most obnoxious AA ever imo.

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Jack Skywalker.5674

I would have to get over my raging hatred of the staff. the AA is about the most obnoxious AA ever imo.

Ugh…not really…Guardian isn’t Revenant, you can find a way to heal without staff. My Guild Mate usualy uses staff for the 1 & 5 in combat to CC/apply aoe burn, he gets his AoE healing from utilities. The 3 is mostly off combat and 4 is pre combat buffing….no heal is worth 2.50 cast time during combat.

I never had a positive experience with burst healing as a Guardian (I mostly play structured pvp) but Monk’s focus really makes life easier when you stack for a boss because all your allies will be in range for heals and fury.

This is what I use

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQBVyCE6Gi97AXhA/QckQU4NIDKz7yGAJQe/+vAE-e

It’s super generic in the sense that it does not cover weapons, and you can use as many meditations as you want, the ones there are what I use for condi healing….it’s not like Mesmer,where if you invest in their version of Meditation you limit your utilities to meditations,because the dps boost they get is that good.

How I do if things are condi heavy: Save Yourself → Contemplation of Purity →improvise from there one…make sure to spam the Virtues so that you won’t feel any regret when poping the elite meditation.

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Posted by: cletiscake.9173

cletiscake.9173

Just looking at ideas for a pve party support/healing build. Any suggestions/links to builds?

Not sure if you’ve seen my post, but this is about as tanky/supportive as a Guardian can get. It’s probably the best and most effective way to truly “tank”, as you are pretty much sacrificing all your personal DPS in favor of being able to stay alive to virtually everything that gets thrown at you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Tank-Healing-Guardian-Build/first#post6230203

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Not sure if you’ve seen my post, but this is about as tanky/supportive as a Guardian can get. It’s probably the best and most effective way to truly “tank”, as you are pretty much sacrificing all your personal DPS in favor of being able to stay alive to virtually everything that gets thrown at you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Tank-Healing-Guardian-Build/first#post6230203

Yeah I posted in your thread a while ago lol. There have been about 4 threads along these lines (mine incl.) recently. I’ve got it pretty well figured out now I think.

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Here’s a question: Does Purity of Body(Honor) work with Battle Presence(Virtues)? It shows as such on gw2skills.net, and that would be a great passive way to not only heal allies, but boost their endurance regen without using Vigor (and stacks with vigor).

Support/Healing Build?

in Guardian

Jack Skywalker.5674

Here’s a question: Does Purity of Body(Honor) work with Battle Presence(Virtues)? It shows as such on gw2skills.net, and that would be a great passive way to not only heal allies, but boost their endurance regen without using Vigor (and stacks with vigor).

I think it does…to lazy to reinstall.