rjnemer.7816

Can anyone link me one? Thanks!

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

Zerker stats, 10/25/0/10/25 Or 10/25/0/25/10(more defensive). Use any weapons you really want but GS with sword/torch is highest dps set i find with this.

If you want more details jsut ask

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Sword build without rhs? And with 25 in radiance? Feels like a total waste.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

Sword build without rhs? And with 25 in radiance? Feels like a total waste.

test it then make a statement. but you can take RHS and just drop 5 from honor.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

haviz.1340

You shouldn’t test that, it’s common sense. 5 trait points for 15% critical chance is no-brainer.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

You shouldn’t test that, it’s common sense. 5 trait points for 15% critical chance is no-brainer.

-_- 20% cd off shouts is also great for 5 points having all those boons and stun breaks coming up faster could be a lifesaver.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

haviz.1340

Then drop 5 points from virtues if you can’t manage to live without faster recharging shouts.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Then drop 5 points from virtues if you can’t manage to live without faster recharging shouts.

This.

If your using sword you want to have 30 in radiance. The 25 point minor in virtues isnt amazingly strong in most situations so its not something you should worry about losing if you need shout cooldowns.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

well i was looking for a sword build too and the best you can obtain comes from 0/30/30/5/5 build… i want also to suggest a great aim: 100% crit chance! with a sword is really a good aim and really easy to reach…
i don’t want to waste more time on guardian builds since my gs AH is enoguh for almost everything… but good luck with the build because it’s really promising

ps: stick with meditation, monks focus and at least 1500 toughness is the minimum in order to don’t become squishy.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

once crit chance is at 50% you will not notice a increase in crit hits from getting a higher crit chance imo as its rolled every hit. taking 5 from Virtues will take about upto 10% dmg much better than RHS. not to mention fury already gives us 20% crit chance.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

spoj.9672

And here they come….

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

And here they come….

yeah i should have stopped.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

haviz.1340

once crit chance is at 50% you will not notice a increase in crit hits from getting a higher crit chance imo as its rolled every hit. taking 5 from Virtues will take about upto 10% dmg much better than RHS. not to mention fury already gives us 20% crit chance.

What does that is supposed to even mean? And how +1% per boon is better up to 10% than rhs? Are you sure you’re using decimal system?

Crit chance is always an increase till 100%.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

If you want high DPS and utility go for 0/30(VI or IV, X, XI)/0/30(II, VII, XI)/10 (I or VI) – pretty good dps with utility from cleanses and fire fields.
If you want only DPS go 10(II)/30(VI or IV, X, XI)/0/5/25(I – anything) (what matters here are the % increases stack from power of the virtuous, powerful blades, fiery wrath, unscathed contender and radiant power) – Still provides some support but the cleansing CD is too long or simply do not exist, but the dps is higher and you can provide fire fields as well.

Ah and, uh… yes, not using RHS in a sword build focused in dpsing is a pretty bad idea if we’re talking about PvE.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Devils.3679

Do as you wish people. Moving around those 5 points will not overly affect the build.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Roleplayer.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

I love RHS 1h Sword builds. The one I used for a very long time is:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQRAsd7flYgyCHFyKEf4Eh1jAeQ/h9AjcsjXFcIA-TwAA1CnIqRVjrGTNyas1MAZByGiZBA

But I’ve been experiementing with:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQRAsd7flYgyCHFyKEf4Eh1jAeQ/h9AjcsjXFcIA-TwAA1CnIqRVjrGTNyas1MAZByGiZBA

lately.

I think, overall, I like the first one better, since I get more might overall from it, as well as high Retaliation uptime, and a solid Condi removal from my f2. The second build is a bit more suited for group play, though.

Rune-wise, you can either go straight Ruby Orbs (most cost effective), or a slew of other options. For instance, a Might Duration set could be useful (2 Fire, 2 Strength, 2 Hoelbrek), I’ve also had success with Runes of the Flame Legion (5% damage is solid, plus, it helps increase your own Burning uptime so that you can get the 10% against burning foes from Zeal). Divinity Runes are always an option.

I feel like it’s also necessary to mention that these are primarily for running exploreables, so I’m trying to maximize DPS overall. In WvW or PvP, these builds will get stomped on (although, you will melt an upscale in WvW).

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

(edited by Vecuu.2018)

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: titoroco.8049

titoroco.8049

mm i run with 0/20/25/25/0 its help alot, good for just not die in 1 hit and u do nasty dmg with zerker gear, schoolar runes, and zerker+valkyria ascendand/cavalier trinkets

Ark – Strado (guardian)

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Is there a decent DPS build using sword/x and gs for wvw?

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

typical zerker and celestial trinkets w/ 0 5 30 30 5 is still your best bet
been running for 3-4 months no problems except heavy condi

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’ve actually been playing around with a new dps build in spvp and tpvp. So far it’s been surprisingly effective.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR8dlUgSDHHyNEfIFSuAbBVPin7xDveAROUDB-TsAg0CnIoRRjjGDNSas1MwYFyGCA

inb4 lolzeal

Only drawback is no stability since it’s triple meds, but you could replace one with SYG if you wish.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

10/30/0/0/30 if you can manage your dodges and maintain aegis for unscathed contender, otherwise: 10/30/0/5/25

Oceanic [LOD]

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I’ve actually been playing around with a new dps build in spvp and tpvp. So far it’s been surprisingly effective.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR8dlUgSDHHyNEfIFSuAbBVPin7xDveAROUDB-TsAg0CnIoRRjjGDNSas1MwYFyGCA

inb4 lolzeal

Only drawback is no stability since it’s triple meds, but you could replace one with SYG if you wish.

but why kindled zeal? also where does the burning uptime come from?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

RHS only affect on your Main Hand, not off-hand. In PVE , the best weapon is GS + Sword Focus/ torch. My Sword 3 hit for 9k without RHS , GS 2 hit for 10k in a deleveled. Sorrow Embrace pve content. RHS imo is just overkill and waste of points if ya got full zerk gear set . The best damage dealing combo any any boss is using the dmg skill on weapon and swap instantly to another while keeping invulnerability up. Not staying put on just Sword, thus thats why i never use RHS. I prefer constantly giving Might to teammate with jus F1 as a better trait off to RHS which definitely contribute better dps to team. Think again before saying others no brainer. You are too simple minded and need more on field experience.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

haviz.1340

RHS only affect on your Main Hand, not off-hand. In PVE , the best weapon is GS + Sword Focus/ torch. My Sword 3 hit for 9k without RHS , GS 2 hit for 10k in a deleveled. Sorrow Embrace pve content. RHS imo is just overkill and waste of points if ya got full zerk gear set . The best damage dealing combo any any boss is using the dmg skill on weapon and swap instantly to another while keeping invulnerability up. Not staying put on just Sword, thus thats why i never use RHS. I prefer constantly giving Might to teammate with jus F1 as a better trait off to RHS which definitely contribute better dps to team. Think again before saying others no brainer. You are too simple minded and need more on field experience.

Haven’t tought about comparing sword#3 to gs#2. I definitely need more field experience, any propositions how I can quickly catch up?

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

inb4 lolzeal

but why kindled zeal? also where does the burning uptime come from?

Kindled Zeal gives me about 60 more burning dmg. Plus I don’t really like any of the other traits. If I swap out sword with scepter then I’d probably use scepter power.

It’s not a burning build so the 30% condition duration from 30 into Zeal is enough.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: anking.6245

anking.6245

Maybe someone else can provide the link, but there is a Sword/focus + GS build that relies on DPS and using blinds to stack vulnerability.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Sword DPS is in auto, not 3rd skill – it hits for less than the 3 hit full chain.

One of the reasons to prefer Sword to GS is that GS burst, Wirlwind Wrath, launches the damaging projectiles with a 360°. Unless you’re casting it from inside the enemy hitbox, the dmg isn’t impressive. Ofc, when you do, dmg will ramp up quite a lot, but that makes it unreliable anyway.

Also, GS auto is bad for a DPS standpoint, so even with a 100% times perfect WW Sword is better imo cause can hit like a truck costantly, not once every 10 sec. Which makes it benefiting more from a TW.
It’s the same comparison between HBlades and Axe auto attack. With the difference that HB is much more reliable.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

RHS is not mandatory as long as you’re getting another damage multiplier in exchange. For example if the choice is between 30 in Radiance and 10 in Zeal but not both, either is a good option. Likewise, 25 Virtues is not bad either; 8% damage is nothing to sneeze at when combined with other multipliers. However if the choice is between something like 15 in Honor or 30 in Radiance, always go for 30 in Radiance. But never pick up more than 80% critical chance before boons, because once you get Fury anything beyond that is wasted.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

spoj.9672

My sword 3 hits harder than gs 2? People really sure about it being less than sword auto?

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

It only gives better DPS if you don’t cancel the autoattack animation. If you do, you’re running at a net loss.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

spoj.9672

Fair enough. Just treat it like warrior axe and necro dagger then.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

haviz.1340

Is warrior axe able to blind or absorb projectiles?

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

Is warrior axe able to blind or absorb projectiles?

He means that u always want to complete the auto attack chain before using other weapon skills as the bulk of the damage lies in the last hit of the attack chain.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

haviz.1340

He means that u always want to complete the auto attack chain before using other weapon skills as the bulk of the damage lies in the last hit of the attack chain.

He rather means that it’s mostly autoattack weapon, that’s why he asked about zealot’s defense.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

spoj.9672

No i did mean you just treat it like axe. Dont interrupt the auto chain.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Besides the fact that sword looks good, I don’t know why anyone would pick it over the scepter. Chains of Light>Smite will deal the same damage as Flashing Blade>Zealot’s Defense, but have the benefit of being ranged, and thereby have a higher chance of hitting. In fact, Smite can deal even higher damage then Zealot’s Defense, if your opponent stays in Smite for its full duration. Smite also has a much shorter recharge time then Zealot’s Defense, making the total dps potential much better.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Sutcliffe.5491

Firstly, the auto attack damage of sword is definitely higher than scepter.
2nd, smite damage is dependent on the size of your opponent. The bigger the size, the more hits will connect and vice versa.
Lastly it also depends on your built, the powerful blades trait is conveniently locAted in radiance tree which u will pick if u are running one handed weapon but scepter 10% trait is located in the zeal tree

(edited by Sutcliffe.5491)

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Kasama.8941

2nd, smite damage is dependent on the size of your opponent. The bigger the size, the more hits will connect and vice versa.
Lastly it also depends on your built, the powerful blades trait is conveniently locAted in radiance tree which u will pick if u are running one handed weapon but scepter 10% trait is located in the zeal tree

Yes, sword auto-attack deals more damage, but you need to constantly catch up to your opponent with the sword, and the Guardian has pretty horrible movement speed. Meanwhile, the Scepter auto-attack will always hit, thanks to its 1200 range.

Hit boxes are the same on all races and characters, so size makes no difference.

Are you trying to imply that you can’t put trait points in radiance and zeal at the same time? Because that’s what I do, and it works great.

“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Sutcliffe.5491

Yes, sword auto-attack deals more damage, but you need to constantly catch up to your opponent with the sword, and the Guardian has pretty horrible movement speed.

Hit boxes are the same on all races and characters, so size makes no difference.

Oh u are looking at it from a pvp point of view but I’m looking at it from a pve point of view where sword is definitely better and the monster size matters. Anyway do u know that even if there is only one enemy in the aoe of smite, not all the hits will connect so it might not be as good as you think.

As for ur 2nd question, u definitely can do it but u have to give up other traits to do it and the question is whether its worth it or not. If it works for u, then good for you. But I know there are some traits that I won’t give up. I’m running 10/30/0/5/25 and I want to increase my zeal to 20 for gs power, but to do that, I have to move 10 points which I find difficulty in doing.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Kasama.8941

Yes, sword auto-attack deals more damage, but you need to constantly catch up to your opponent with the sword, and the Guardian has pretty horrible movement speed.

Oh u are looking at it from a pvp point of view but I’m looking at it from a pve point of view where sword is definitely better and the monster size matters. Anyway do u know that even if there is only one enemy in the aoe of smite, not all the hits will connect so it might not be as good as you think.

As for ur 2nd question, u definitely can do it but u have to give up other traits to do it and the question is whether its worth it or not

Oh, well then we are speaking about two different things, yes.

Yeah, Smite can be a little off sometimes, but I tested scepter vs. sword on golem dummies, and during the 2 second immobilize from Chains of Light, Smite would deal around the same damage as Flashing Blade+Zealot’s Defense. I also very clearly noticed that I would get a lot more, and faster, kills in WvW using scepter, compared to using the sword.

Well I play a burst build, so it’s worth it for me. But if you want to lean more towards durability, then it might not be the way to go.

-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Sutcliffe.5491

Yep I’m a noob in pvp or wvw but I can see how smite is useful even with my limited experience in wvw because there is no aoe red circle on the floor. Sometimes they get hit without knowing it.

I’m more of a dungeon pve player and traits like vigor on crit, master of consecration and some sort of group condition removal are pretty important in dungeons so I think 10/30/0/5/25 is one of the best trait built for pve dungeon guardian now.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

spoj.9672

It is. Unfortunately it lacks reliable low cooldown condi removal.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

10/30 in Zeal/Radiance is the starting point for DPS builds. RHS + Fiery Wrath are too good to pass off.

The last 30 pts are totally up to you, how much you want to unbalance towards dps or tankyness, what your team needs, and so on.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Sword DPS Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

10/30 in Zeal/Radiance is the starting point for DPS builds. RHS + Fiery Wrath are too good to pass off.

The last 30 pts are totally up to you, how much you want to unbalance towards dps or tankyness, what your team needs, and so on.

I really want to try a sword/x dps build because the anchor build has become a little stale for me, so i’ve been experimenting with different dps builds. I’ll try this build in the mean time.

also, another thing that’s holding me back is that I can’t put down my Cobalt without finding a decent skin replacement for sword.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group