Sword Wave

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I’ve grown to dislike sword because of the way this skill works. It misses some of the time without “miss” text and the projectiles go strait through the enemy. There also seems to be a problem of it not hitting the enemy if it is not targeted or while I am moving. Overall it seems glitchy.

Any thoughts?

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

I’ve noticed this too, not necessarily that they’re missing, but that the hits and swings aren’t synchronised with the popping damage numbers.

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

It can also be used twice.

If you turn away from your target on use, you can cause it to “not chain” and remain on “Sword Wave” for another use.

The Sword used to be a semi-ranged weapon with a 450 (iirc) range auto-attack. Sword Wave looks to be using a buggy version of its prior attack type.

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

The sword does great damage when it hits, but that’s just it.. it misses loads (without the text like you say). Not to mention the animation for chain 1 and 2 are such an eye sore.

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I would much prefer it simply hit things in the normal melee arc that most other melee weapons have. If they made Sword Wave hit three times quickly (kinda like how Zealot’s Defense’s four projectiles each hit twice quickly) it would still be great with Virtue of Justice, wouldn’t reduce effectiveness against single targets, wouldn’t be reflectable and would start being more useful in AoE situations and/or PvE.

Before someone mentions the range on it, attack something at range with it. Congratulations! You just hit something for a third of the potential damage you could have done! (assuming it actually hit)

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Silver.8023)

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

most of the time you feel your character stoped the action on sword wave

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Sword Wave

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Something has definitely happened to the animation for Sword Wave during the past year.

Mostly it seems to be during the transition between Sword Arc and Sword Wave, it’s very clunky and there is often quite a delay between the 2nd and 3rd chain, which results in lots of misses.

Even standing still against a target Golem the Sword chain has become very ugly with the delay before Sword Wave, it just looks awkward and it is awkward. It’s even worse when you introduce mobile combat.

It was much smoother during beta, something has changed since then, either a stealth nerf or an animation problem that has caused this unwarranted effect.

I want to use the Sword more but the delay between Sword Arc and Sword Wave and the delay after using Flashing Blade just makes this weapon feel too slow and clunky, even the Mace feels smoother.

Edit: After doing some tests against target golems it seems like the animation delay between Sword Arc and Sword Wave doesn’t always occur, sometimes the animation is smooth and chains instantly, but sometimes there is a 1/2 second delay after Sword Arc before you start to cast Sword Wave. And the animation seems to bug out when this happens as the character does a half lurch forward then back and then channels Sword Wave and stabs forward.

There’s another instance where the animation completing Sword Arc finishes slowly, which delays the start of Sword Wave.

The combat delay after Flashing Blade is very annoying though, it makes the Sword feel very slow and clunky.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)