TOTALLY new guardian need WvW tank build

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

as title, i am a totally new guardian about to reach 80, no real experience fighting, just running around blind zerging and dying 80% of the time.

when i reach 80 i would like to build the ultimate guardian survivor for big zerg fights.
I dont need to tag well, i just need to be as unkillable as possible. will a healing build be better or a high armor build? or a high vitality build? HELP!

what traits should i go? what utility skills should i use? what weapons should i hold? what armor should i wear? what runes should I use? what sigils should i equip?

THANKS!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

unkillable is impossible, and if you wanna go all the way defense, you gonna be pretty bad. But still here some standard build for a fronline guardian in WvW.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJARWlsApWotCxZI8DRRCRkjNY/FmedwyBA-TVRWwABV/Bw+DFU+NRJYJdBkBgZMA-w

A lot of little stuff that you can change.
- Exotic : I use ascended in the link, but mostly because is was faster to click on it on the website. Go exotic first.
- Zerker : You can go for a bit of zerker gear. Personnally i go full trinket and weapons zerker. But you gonna have a hard time if you strat with that. Full soldier will give you a lot of tankiness.
- Trait : In valor, retributive armor is a good options to replace strenght in numbers or purity. In Honor, two-handed mastery can be swap with empowering might. You can remove 1 pts in radiance to put in Virtue and get Master of Consecration or do the opposite to take signet mastery in radiance if you want to use signet of resolve as a heal (but don’t get ride of shelter too quick, the block is powerful).
- Runes : Melandru is another great possibility.
- Sigils : Bloodlust and Force do a great job on the GS or Hammer for dmg. While a Energy sigil on the staff can give you more dodge to survive.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Zerg setup that I used last year: link. I think it works well to introduce some of the Guardian’s potentials, such as AH, “OH CRAP!” AoE damage mitigation, Vigorous Precision, and Blind spam. If you feel you need more defense, use hammer instead of GS and use Empowering Might to boost AH healing.

The other potential that is not included is “OH CRAP!” AoE condition removals. This build has -65% condition duration on you -- It’s awesome, but sometimes not enough.

The truth is, you have to find your own play style. But I think this build is a good start if you want to be as un-killable as possible.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

(edited by xFireize.6318)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Briefly:

x/x/6/6/x with clerics, soldiers, knights, or a mix of it
or
x/x/x/6/6 with clerics, called the Healway build.

If you’re zerging it, the first one will probably be best for you.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee