[TPvP/WvW] Condi Guard Roaming Guide

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Selfish 1v1 Variant – SPvP
6/2/6/0/0
Build: http://tinyurl.com/njtpkb7

The video’s below show’s the build’s example rotations. Reduce the speed to .25 to view gameplay normally, if preferred.

With this condi build you’ll Ideally want to roam far or home, avoiding 3v3+ type scenarios where your condition applications could become harder to apply team wide as well as your conditions being easier to get cleansed off. That’s not to say this build is terrible in these scenarios. In fact, just the opposite if you engage correctly.

I’ve downed a full team in mid due to everyone’s health were between 30% and half
You will down glassy Thieves from your blocks alone.

If you’re constantly joining 3v3’s and 4v4 zerg scenarios from the get go, you might as well roll over to a Zerker build or a more aoe, burst, type spec.
Because you’re doing it wrong.

This Point-Assault build will win the majority of your singular fights, forcing a person on the enemy team to rotate in. These fights include all Thieves, Mesmers, Rangers, Hambow Warriors, Cele dd Ele’s, Celestial Engi variants. And most Zerker classes including Mesmer shatter builds and power necro Builds.

Your Counters
-Most Diamond Skin Ele’s
Diamond Skin Ele’s can’t be effected by a condition if their HP is above 90%.
You might do enough raw damage to pierce their 90% threshold, If not, this is the single biggest hard counter we have. Ele’s with Clerics and any type of regen will be impossible for you to beat

Probable Counters
-Classes high in condi cleanses
Asside from F1 procs, You have 4 big condi spikes skills from rotations. If your bursts continually get cleansed, you’ll likely get played

-“Very” good Medi Guards
Like the above, they have high condi cleanses but not all can use their cleanses efficiently… Most don’t know a thing about your build and will call you their counter.
Completely not true.

-Some Condi Engi’s and Turret Engis
Can get played by Engi’s blocks, knockback abilities, or not cleansing their condi stacks like you should.

-Hambow Warriors or equivalent Knights build
Do Not Burst while their stances are up. Save Focus #5 and F3 for their hammer’s cc chain and big hitters. They cleanse when they use Adrenaline. Burst afterwards.

-Some Minionmancer Necros
*Spirit or Condi Rangers

-“Very Good” Cele Rifle Engis
Be mindful if Engineer’s Gear shield, CC abilities during your Shelter and cleansing their burst geomancy weapon switch + nades.

Condi guard spec is a 50/50 or higher win chance against the above. If the opponent knows every single thing about your build (rare), and they have 4 condi cleanses or more, you can easily get outplayed.
You should have little issues with other builds

Second game shows better performance
Meant as a performance guide. Nonmusic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usUBg_wZatw

Dueling Examples Towards End: http://tinyurl.com/qgzsqw4
Beginning Mesmer gives an example of condi damage burst potential.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Team Oriented Version REVAMPED – SPvP

0/0/4/6/4
Build http://tinyurl.com/k5l87l4

Major Differences
Traits & Utility changes.
Weapons, amulets and sigils remain unchanged.

Compared to its selfish 1v1 variant build, it offers 4x more team support. The shouts “Save Yourselves” and “Stand Your Ground” + Pure of Voice, gives a very noticeable performance boost in skirmish roles. Stability is a complete game changer. Anyone who’s ran a shout build will tell you how much of an asset stability or Pure of Voice truly is.

Highlights
-Team Stability
-Team Cleanses
-High condi burst damage and sustain; similar to any Celestial meta builds.
-Can beat almost any Zerk build 1v1. Especially classes with little to no condi cleanses
-Does well against, and with, full Celestial teams.

Cons
-Certain classes are tougher to beat 1v1.
-You’re more reliable on your team like any shout support build.
-Doesn’t offer “bursty” damage.

Play Style
Same combo & roaming rotations are not as strict. Build is not a 1v1 node roaming or bunking build. The build isn’t afraid of mid like it’s 1v1 build but your team support is very much wanting.
Unlike a its Shout or Bunker variants, this Hybrid build is meant to offer a more damaging role while also offering support for your team.

Example Performance Video
http://youtu.be/tSiRcCoZMTU

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

WvW Solo Roaming & Camp Assaulting

Full Carrion: Solo Roaming Build

Video: Condi Build vs Medi Build Camp Clearing

Key Condi Burst Rotations
Sword #2 + Torch #4 + Weapon Swap
Instant Burns + Bleeds + Poison. Total damage is 1500+ dps. proc.

Judge’s Intervention + Weapon Swap
Same as above.

Rune of KraitUnderestimated condi bursts
Acts as a ‘finisher’, sort of speak.
Use after Ele’s Water attunement splash effect, Engineer’s Water turret cleanses, Warrior’s Adrenaline bursts, or any other condi cleansing skill.
Pop All Virtues prior to using this elite.

Scepter Rotations
Start your rotation off with Scepter and auto attacking. Immobilize#3 with Smite#2 to maximize F1 procs. Feel free to continue free casting this rotation as long as you’re not receiving any damage.
Use Focus #4 & #5 to block incoming burst damage only.

Sword + Torch Rotations.
Flashing Blade #2 + Torch #4 is your big burn rotation. Count the dodge’s to ensure a near burn proc. If you’re going against a warrior who constantly hit and runs you, save this for when he comes back as the Flashing Blade will act as a dodge when a player is coming towards you with a range skill.
As always, try to save your Teleport skills for a 100% weapon switch proc. You can also Judge’s Intervention your Rune of Krait condi burst. Try to save only when the target is less than 50% health to ensure he’s used most of his cleansing cooldowns, if any.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

pls pls pls take GS you must
you play on point -thus you need aoe dmg also the GS is better burning aoe proc.

tips
against engi – play from range with scepter – they always hit your face with conditions bomb. if you stay at range you will have easier life

against ele – they cant hold a point as you so stay at point (with GS they will stay at range from you) and hit them with scepter and immobilize them when they swap for fire so their burst will be useless.

this build is hard in 1v2 scenarios so try to go help your team in 4v3 as with GS your aoe will do far more burning proc on them

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

you play on point -thus you need aoe dmg also the GS is better burning aoe proc.

tips
against engi – play from range with scepter – they always hit your face with conditions bomb. if you stay at range you will have easier life

against ele – they cant hold a point as you so stay at point (with GS they will stay at range from you) and hit them with scepter and immobilize them when they swap for fire so their burst will be useless.

this build is hard in 1v2 scenarios so try to go help your team in 4v3 as with GS your aoe will do far more burning proc on them

I didn’t know Engi was condi/celes, until after the fact. Even then I played the first game very, very poorly >.<.. No excuses!

I’ll get kited a lot easier if I used GS. Second game for example, GS would have done worse against that air ele. I would be forced to stay on him while he would have kited me easier, knowing that I had GS. With Sword, I could flash him then dodge roll away if I had to. Being in mostly 1v1 scenarios, sw/t is more sought for than GS. The first game, GS could have been more beneficial. It’s a give and take.

GS can proc more burns and offer more raw damage to 3-4 people. The thing is, I’m rarely in 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 situations most games. As stated from original post, it’s not beneficial for the build to be in any of those situations unless I blatantly know that my involvement would turn the tides.
For example
Enemy team wiped my team. But they have <30% health. That’s when I’ll engage.

The second game showed the builds role and its potential. Maybe GS could have been utilized in Game 1 but not so much in Game 2. That’s still my IMO… I’ve yet to experience GS performing better than its 1-hander variables but then again, you could be 5x better at it then me :p

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i will try to put some gs footage in action too

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

tips

I don’t run GS on my hybrid build and I have near 100% burning uptime. Sword auto, focus block, scepter smite, and torch 4 all give much more burning potential than GS.

You can use GS if you want, but don’t go around saying it’s required — It’s most definitely not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Played Falselights in a few PvP matches, and know for a fact that this build is very difficult to deal with 1v1.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Guardian

messiah.1908

tips

I don’t run GS on my hybrid build and I have near 100% burning uptime. Sword auto, focus block, scepter smite, and torch 4 all give much more burning potential than GS.

You can use GS if you want, but don’t go around saying it’s required — It’s most definitely not.

i said that in my opinion its required as aoe on points as sword and scepter are more 1v1 and hardly trigger aoe dmg while gs have 3 skills which are aoe if they hits. so if you job is to kill the thief/mesmer/ele its ok but if its to hold a point like far or close then GS is much useful

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

tips

i said that in my opinion its required as aoe on points as sword and scepter are more 1v1 and hardly trigger aoe dmg while gs have 3 skills which are aoe if they hits. so if you job is to kill the thief/mesmer/ele its ok but if its to hold a point like far or close then GS is much useful

They’re also much easier to avoid, which is especially a problem when your goal is to apply burning on hit rather than just contest an area.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

tips

They’re also much easier to avoid, which is especially a problem when your goal is to apply burning on hit rather than just contest an area.

great as if they avoided it then they are not on the point – goal achieved. if they dont then 2-3 foes got burn/ bleed/retaliation – another goal achieved

in Guardian

messiah.1908

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

In the beginning of the video I’ve noticed most of your burns happen before you enter GS. I also noticed that Ele kited you pretty badly @ 6:03. What save you was the fact that the Ele couldn’t cleanse at all = anyone with conditions could have killed him. The Ele in my video, second game, cleansed conditions pretty frequently. The performance with GS i’m hoping to see should be similar to that fight.

Here’s the laydown with GS vs Sword & Torch
All of GS hits = 24, including aa chain
Whirling wrath has 7 projectiles, assuming you’re completely in the enemy’s box that’s 14 from just ww
All of sword + torch hits = 25 including aa chain

Group wise, GS wins for procing F1
However, 1) You have to be in melee range 2) The proc is good for only 1 person and it’s on the 5th hit, making F1 random.

Realistically, hitting 2 people with whirl will proc F1 5 times Assuming all projectiles hit. That’s a 5 second burn duration if it’s a full hit.

Sword + torch 4 immediately offers 4s burn duration at start, 4s burn duration on finish, and 4s burn duration on it’s throw.

With the use of #2 Flashing Blade, that’s a guarantee 8s burn duration on at least 1 person. OR you can choose to switch targets and throw the flame to some one else, making it a 4s burn per person.

In 1v1 or 2v2, GS isn’t nearly as reliable especially if there’s a chance you could get kited. This Guardian Condi guide emphasizes on 1v1 and 2v2 scenarios. If you’re in a 3v3 fight, you’re on the wrong side of the map.

With my build above, there’s almost no reason to choose GS over sw/torch unless you personally desire that extra retaliation, or, simply love using GS.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i just notice that in tpvp while fighting on a point the gs brings more direct aoe dmg and pull (or 380 dps for 10 sec which is uncleanseable) to the table while using sword just aim for 1 person

enemies see the red circle and back off simple as that thus i can contest better

i do believe that in 3v3 this build perform better (depends if there are bunker guard and dd ele who cleanse constantly) as in 1v1 medzerk perform better

and if you mean putting me on 50% hp is kite while the ele hp was 10% while also able to hold for few seconds 2 enemies more while 3 of them got burn …:D

little trick i like to do
i let myself get 50% hp then symbol from trait get proc and move alittle and proc another one from gs – this way i can cover the point while proc dmg and burning like crazy

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Team Oriented Build added

The build’s rotation is a change of pace, from strict home/far 1v1 – to team support small skirmish roles instead..

Full med tier but only 1 med utility?
Contemplation of Purity synergizes well with “Save Yourselves”, as well as it being the best way to fully condi cleanse yourself and stun break. The 4k heal from two medi’s may seem small but it’s very noticeable. If you aren’t worried about conditions, i’d go Smite Condition for a 4k heal + cleanses in 32s.

I don’t recommend Judges Intervention. It’s not as wanting after leaving Amplified Wrath.

Build listed in second post. Heavy criticism welcomed.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

here is my version for support guard with burning dmg

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW5flsApfntCxZI8DRBGBldFC/4tB7AMgFcDA-TpgMgA7lBA2fAA

pros:
stability x3
massive conditions cleanse – great versus the condi engi turret and necro
good healing with staff and virtue and nice cc
aoe swiftness
15 stack of migh with staff and virtue will give you good condi dmg
aoe burning with pf and heal skill

cons:
bunker guard do it the same and bit better
wont kill anything
condition eventually take you down if your team wont support you in 1v1

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

The build has 7k less health, does less self-heals even with staff, and overall less damage. If you’re going that far in support you might as well run a Bunk meta build since it’ll perform 2x better than what you’re aiming for.

Staff is only really useful if you have Altruistic Healing. You might as well use Permeating Wrath with GS than Indomitable Courage. In fact, I’ve even used GS + Permeating Wrath on a Clerics Bunk build, it wasn’t half bad.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: irish.3578

irish.3578

Group spec a couple ideas.

Drop wrathful spirit and take healing aegis

Drop SY and take Retreat.

Than maybe you don’t need med mastery and could get purity.

Maybe take out 25% retalation and put in UC but I’m not sure. I think you could make up the damage difference even in your spec.

I’m trying to weigh out the advantages and disadvantages and think this will give you a little better cleanse, block, healing and sustain at the cost of some dps. I just don’t know your spec all that well besides fighting against it a few times. I have played with that combo of 2 shouts without soldiers and CoP quite a bit and it really frees up guardian to a TON of alternative specs.

The only other thing I will say is there is a monster 1v1 dps spec similar to that build using power and the mace swapped with sword that might be worth comparing to it for group play.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I’ve never liked Purity. If I could tell it to cleanse specific conditions, or even knowing when it was going to proc, I’d run with it. When it works it’s awesome but when it doesn’t it feels like such a waste. That’s my personal feelings towards it though; a lot of people like Purity.

I like the satisfaction of giving aoe retaliation when rangers use Barrage, so I’ll probably not change that :P

That said I’ll still run with what you’ve suggested, never know I might like the extra sustain

Appreciate the post!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

No where near an expert, but here is my build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAR5dlsApaoNDxcI8DNR8QZVHUdA0AP61/wMkDA-TJRHwAV2fIwVAAZZAAPEAA

It is a more selfish build than Saiyan’s, but puts out a good amount of burn and has good sustain. It can put down fire and light fields to self-combo with or help a team. It really uses JI to combo with gs abilities or mace 2 skill for an early burst and uses burn, poison, and bleed to make it hard to recover. I’ve enjoyed using the build and have had success with it.

Just thought I would share.

in Guardian

irish.3578

A couple more things…

falselights, you might as well try the virtue bunker setup of 0-0-2-6-6 or at least compare it to yours for your group idea. You would need to tweak it a bit than you also have some new interesting options.

Mystic, I was playing around with the idea of doubling burning and I think your build is 75%. In order to get it to 2 seconds where I think it would be worth Balthazar and the block burn combo, you would need to probably do a 3-4-6-1-0 build. With the torch trait and than need to use smoldering sigils. Than you can only cover it with 1 sigil. It is still an interesting idea. The 1 could be moved into last trait line. I’m assuming your idea was to get a 2 second burn on hit and block.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

A couple more things…

falselights, you might as well try the virtue bunker setup of 0-0-2-6-6 or at least compare it to yours for your group idea. You would need to tweak it a bit than you also have some new interesting options.

Mystic, I was playing around with the idea of doubling burning and I think your build is 75%. In order to get it to 2 seconds where I think it would be worth Balthazar and the block burn combo, you would need to probably do a 3-4-6-1-0 build. With the torch trait and than need to use smoldering sigils. Than you can only cover it with 1 sigil. It is still an interesting idea. The 1 could be moved into last trait line. I’m assuming your idea was to get a 2 second burn on hit and block.

I’ve tried several bunker builds. Bunk Guardians can get taken out by a burn guardian like myself, or some other high condi 1v1 spec. Granted, the team oriented spec doesn’t do as well when it comes to killing bunkers 1v1, it’s a good spec in that it performs like a Cele Guardian build should have. Cele Eles, Wars, Engi’s, they can all 1v1 very well, as well as offering great team support. It’s why I like the spec. It offers just enough team support while also able to 1v1/skirmish well. (Performs about as good as a cele d/d ele in that area)

If I go 00266 I would lose more sustain while gaining more team support. I’d lose the majority of my skirmish fights by not sustaining as well. I would be more heavily dependant on my team. It’s why, if you’re going 00266 you might as well be full clerics or celestials, to make up for the lack of sustain. That’s my take on it anyways :P

Edited:
I did try a Cleric permeating wrath build once… it surprisingly took out a couple builds 1v1 but felt lack luster to me. It was heavily inconsistent and felt it wasn’t worth pursuing

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

irish.3578

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRAsf7dlsApVodDxUI8DNBEBl96jf9xOCLYDXFAA-TZBHwAAOBACOIAJLDE4JAIa/BA

This is what I was trying the other day with krait and carrion after reading your post. I couldn’t play the spec honestly but it was fun to try. My idea was to have a balanced aggressive dps with a nice SoW swap on crit zealot fire combo to go along with the constant power and condition pressure. It was to control the situation through pressure.

The other stuff I get what your saying except for cele gear with a virtue bunker setup. This makes little sense after testing it. I couldn’t figure out a way to build might fast or effective enough to be worthwhile vs engie or eles.

I’ve been playing around with a 2-0-0-6-6 burst build with zerker gear or even 0-0-2-6-6. The 48% plus damage modifiers with big power and crit on swap for SoW, Zealot Fire, and prot strike is a riot as you can almost time stamp anyone if you get hit once. You could even add in a smite condition if you wanted to try something ridiculous. I’m still playing around with the trade-offs of different sigils but perception is on the scepter/focus set and int is on the mace/torch. Run it with scholar, soldiers, or forget the name of the one with swiftness/might/fury on hit.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread I’ve just been having some fun testing out some more extreme specs recently with power, damage multipliers and high skill co-efficients with crit on swap. The reason i bring this up is that you might be suprised how much non-condition damage you could do with the spec with just one int sigil.

in Guardian

Mysticjedi.6053

A couple more things…

Cool idea Irish. I’ll give it a try. The one thing I will say that is fun about this build is that I have seen thieves kill themselves chasing me and me hitting them 5 times. The burning in this build is real and 800 damage is dangerous and cleansing doesn’t help because it can gets applied so often.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Edited
Changed Post #2’s build to have Absolute Resolution + Pure of Heart. Changed “Save Yourselves” for “Retreat”. Thanks irish.3578!
Build: http://tinyurl.com/k5l87l4

Conclusion:
Played numerous games this evening, against rough cele built teams, full zerk teams, even a 4 engi 1 mesmer comp team that made me want to punch a baby..
Even so, the build performed extremely well. Better than Post #1 of the thread, even though i’m completely bias of that particular build cause it’s the original :P

I would compare the Shout-Condi-Hybrid variant with any top tier ESL Guardian build. It has huge amounts of team support, sustains, and large single target, multi target, condi damage. The shouts alone, particularly Stability, is a huge game changer. All bunk Guardians would know how particularly good SYG performs in a heated skirmish fight. Especially coupled with Pure of Voice.

Zerkers can’t sustain as well as this build type variant. Celestials can’t do nearly as much damage. What would top this build (i would think) is other Bunker builds. For the role the build itself plays, I’m not sure what other dps+support build there is that could top it.
I’m really curious if there was a better condi build type, or raw damage GS build type available.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

irish.3578

I like the build falselights. I would still try and push you towards 0-0-2-6-6 or and maybe drop med mastery and just put in block/burn into the first slot. If you don’t like permeating wrath maybe just put in stability or other options like a UC and supreme justice combo. One of the major reasons is +dam modifier power of the virtuous adds to much damage if used well.

My thoughts on the greatsword is that it is the highest dps weapon and takes the best advantage of offensive stats. It also has the least defense. It also has no big hitters to crit on swap. I get the combo abilities it brings to the table and how amazing an untargetted leap can be but any other combo will help you survive longer in almost every spec so…. to really achieve its offense you need offensive stats and as you push the limits of them you get some exponential growth. So I’d say typical meditation/zerker builds are the best for it as long you can stay alive. If I had a build this way I’d pair it with focus/scepter. I know this isn’t anything new but I think the old meta was the best use of the weapon.

This setup also take best advantage of the might gained from the GS. For sigils maybe compare the crit on hit everyone uses to force, sigil of perception, and 7% crit in your dps rotations.

(edited by irish.3578)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I like the build falselights. I would still try and push you towards 0-0-2-6-6 or and maybe drop med mastery and just put in block/burn into the first slot. If you don’t like permeating wrath maybe just put in stability or other options like a UC and supreme justice combo. One of the major reasons is +dam modifier power of the virtuous adds to much damage if used well.

I’d hate to retrait just for a 7% (sometimes more, sometimes less) increase in raw damage output. It wouldn’t be a bad idea if I had more % increase in damage because they are added multiplicative. Without high crit, not sure if it’s worth it at all.

The added support in Virtues trait line would be helpful, but i’m not necessarily needing more stability uptime. I’d definitely go for Supreme Justice but i’d have to sacrifice Elite’s reduced cd or burns on block. Both of which I really want :P

Added video for post #2 to show an idea of the build’s performances.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Added WvW Solo Roaming Camp Assaulting Build
Added Condi vs Zerk Camp Clearing Video
Added Build Rotations in WvW Section

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

that guard was running 3 in honor but still cool videos.

reminds me how annoying a super farmed demonhunter was in wc3 tanking everything with evasion/high armor and immolation.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

(edited by sorrychief.2563)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i am going now with some hybrid build in wvw
got 800 condi dmg and 2400 power with 2500 armor and 190 crit dmg and 30 crit change and 15k hp
burning is 100% duration so i do 1400 dmg every block

same build 6,2,6,0,0 and fro my calculation it gives the best dmg output both condi and direct

in Guardian

Mysticjedi.6053

It can mean the loss of range which can be a big down side, but I have found running Mace with 6/2/6/0/0 version can also be very good in 1v1 and has limited potential in 1v2 battles. I have run GS and Mace/Focus.

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

WvW Solo Roaming & Camp Assaulting

Full Carrion: Solo Roaming Build

Video: Condi Build vs Medi Build Camp Clearing

Key Condi Burst Rotations
Sword #2 + Torch #4 + Weapon Swap
Instant Burns + Bleeds + Poison. Total damage is 1500+ dps. proc.

Judge’s Intervention + Weapon Swap
Same as above.

Rune of KraitUnderestimated condi bursts
Acts as a ‘finisher’, sort of speak.
Use after Ele’s Water attunement splash effect, Engineer’s Water turret cleanses, Warrior’s Adrenaline bursts, or any other condi cleansing skill.
Pop All Virtues prior to using this elite.

Scepter Rotations
Start your rotation off with Scepter and auto attacking. Immobilize#3 with Smite#2 to maximize F1 procs. Feel free to continue free casting this rotation as long as you’re not receiving any damage.
Use Focus #4 & #5 to block incoming burst damage only.

Sword + Torch Rotations.
Flashing Blade #2 + Torch #4 is your big burn rotation. Count the dodge’s to ensure a near burn proc. If you’re going against a warrior who constantly hit and runs you, save this for when he comes back as the Flashing Blade will act as a dodge when a player is coming towards you with a range skill.
As always, try to save your Teleport skills for a 100% weapon switch proc. You can also Judge’s Intervention your Rune of Krait condi burst. Try to save only when the target is less than 50% health to ensure he’s used most of his cleansing cooldowns, if any.

hey would you post a video of your hybrid/condi guard roaming WvW?
I have only ever fought a condi guard once 1v1 on my necro and it was quite close, but the fight was interrupted halfway.

But the condi guard felt really strong, short but high burn ticks that well needed immediate transfers/cleanse.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

EremiteAngel.9765

also will it be better to drop the meditation trait line for the last line virtues? supreme justice trait seems very strong for your burning build.
every 3rd hit burn your opponents with increased 25% burn duration.
and get radiant fire on the radiance line for another 20% increased burn duration and torch CD reduction.

they will be burning and burning very often every third hit!

in Guardian

EremiteAngel.9765

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

The thing is, the build already offers a lot of burn applications through blocks and F1 procs. So you really don’t need Supreme Justice because it’s not a significant damage increase. You’ll be bettering yourself to gain sustains from Valor instead.
However, Supreme Justice is going to be ever more powerful once burns stack!

I use Krait runes as a condition bomb effect but you’re more than welcome to use Bal runes. You just have to worry about landing your Shelter’s aoe burns. Unlike Krait, the burn on heal effect in Bal runes is dodgeable.

I can probably make a wvw roaming video this week and show the builds rotations :p

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

This is a fun build that I have already messed around with now and will definitely mess around with when the trait rework drops. So what this build basically does is take your average burn guardian build and add in a very important addition to your damage at the cost of 200 burn ticks. You probably haven’t touched the link and are now wtfing about where all this burn went. Simple, we’ve gained a crapton of crit. The problem with your 60611 burn guardian is that power is basically useless without precision/crit change. Of course, some of this is alleviated with the high fury uptime, but it just doesn’t cut it sometimes. You NEED to be able to crit outside of fury. With this build, you REALLY need to pace your meditations out (thanks to the fact that you don’t need to crutch on JI to do burst reliably). Alot of your time will be spent rocking the sc/t and swapping to sw/f when you absolutely need to meaning that you can pewpew from outside the fight for a bit picking off glass and/or softening up the guy you want to drop. Sw/f is very similar to the meta usage, with the exception that you can spam your blinds for a whole kittenton of vuln (you can rack up around 12-14 stacks very quickly). Not running meditation mastery might be a tad bit difficult, but the added dps of all the burn you’ll proc while blocking should even things out (its very easy to punish mesmers, rangers, and thieves regardless of range). If you like the build now, just know that the trait rework is going to absolutely demolish your pants as you forcefully evacuate your bowels as you experience this amazingness.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArf8dlsApcodDxaI8DRh/Qkj1FTB4cd25HA-TZRFwAAeCAx3fIxBBAaZAEnAAA

Any thoughts, Saiyan?

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

This is a fun build that I have already messed around with now and will definitely mess around with when the trait rework drops. So what this build basically does is take your average burn guardian build and add in a very important addition to your damage at the cost of 200 burn ticks. You probably haven’t touched the link and are now wtfing about where all this burn went. Simple, we’ve gained a crapton of crit. The problem with your 60611 burn guardian is that power is basically useless without precision/crit change. Of course, some of this is alleviated with the high fury uptime, but it just doesn’t cut it sometimes. You NEED to be able to crit outside of fury. With this build, you REALLY need to pace your meditations out (thanks to the fact that you don’t need to crutch on JI to do burst reliably). Alot of your time will be spent rocking the sc/t and swapping to sw/f when you absolutely need to meaning that you can pewpew from outside the fight for a bit picking off glass and/or softening up the guy you want to drop. Sw/f is very similar to the meta usage, with the exception that you can spam your blinds for a whole kittenton of vuln (you can rack up around 12-14 stacks very quickly). Not running meditation mastery might be a tad bit difficult, but the added dps of all the burn you’ll proc while blocking should even things out (its very easy to punish mesmers, rangers, and thieves regardless of range). If you like the build now, just know that the trait rework is going to absolutely demolish your pants as you forcefully evacuate your bowels as you experience this amazingness.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArf8dlsApcodDxaI8DRh/Qkj1FTB4cd25HA-TZRFwAAeCAx3fIxBBAaZAEnAAA

Any thoughts, Saiyan?

I’m a big fan of Earth sigils for sure. The bleeds adds additional condi coverages that Guardians greatly lack. Ironically, your high F1 proc rate is what’s needed to reach a high stacks of bleeds. I explain further towards the bottom.

Increasing raw damage output means you’ll have to further “glue” yourself to a single target to ensure all of your hits are landing. The merits of 62600 is that you don’t need to be in danger close proximity if you don’t have to. You’ll never out damage a zerker class who specializes in melee combat but simply teleport in with a weapon switch and keeping your distance means you’ll out damage him, in theory.

Traveler runes definitely adds quality of life but if you switch to Krait runes and replace doom for Geomancy, you reach a bleed stack potential of 10 with that build. It’s whether or not you can reach these condi stacks effectively.

Those were my initial impressions. I’m going to play with the build a little more :)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

If I’m not running travler runes, I usually choose between pack and krait depending on what I feel like doing with the build. I take doom over geo even though the DPS would be higher because of cover conditions and the beautiful part of poison wrecking sustain (the only “counter” aside from cleanse). The build, as a guildy so eloquently stated, plays like a ranger. As long as I’m not 1v3, I have a good chance of quickly nuking the target down and going on the defensive until my CDs come back up (krait definitely helps with this). chains>smite>flame toss + scep auto/CF usually shreds thieves/mesmers/rangers with ease, although killing a shoutbow in any reasonable amount of time is out of the question. A meta ele CAN be nuked, but you’d have to really get yo kite on, which is part of the reason why I run traveler runes.

In terms of outdamaging zerkers in melee range, that isn’t an issue. sw/f stacks so much vuln that you eventually find there to be almost no difference in overall damage except for the fact that you just keep getting stronger while they keep doing no damage (nothing sweeter than facing a lich/rampage down, amirite?). I prefer my build over yours because I feel like I’m more active in my gameplay, but we’re all running the same build more or less so its all flavours.

Personally, with the build I have in mind, I can see condi guards becoming reallllllly viable when HoT drops.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

personally i feel that hybrid guard (carrion is hybrid) has a place in pvp but not in high tier . reason are
1. meta builds have good abilities to sustain conditions
2. condi guard mainly proc burning and can cover it with 2-3 conditions mainly as cover and not dmg (3 bleed , 1 torment and 1 poison )
3. selfish build with no support
4. cannot burst like medi guard

so the hybrid guard is more like dd cele ele but the ele got so many more good stuff

in wvw i like this build concept and i theorycraft better states which result in 2 sec down a thief which surprise me and him, but his thief friend down me after 30 sec as i burn all my utilities

all in all 6,2,6,0,0 work the best with carrion in pvp . i like best flame legion rune which do more dmg and boost your burning duration and power over any other runes.

my guildy friend play with 6,1,6,0,1 with the same result in pvp.

after HoT i dont think hybrid guard will be in a better place as even if we can do 4-5k burning dmg, all classes get more abilities to cleanse . but i really hop hybrid guard will be a thing in the new meta

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

First of all, that 4.5k through traps and blocks is unattainable in any realistic setting. Personally, I’m predicting 1-2k burn stacks in short bursts since (when specced for) I’m assuming base burn will be around 3-500 (for carrion users with AW). If torch 4 continues to work as is, 3 stacks = 900-1.5k easily, not counting any blocks. Base is 3 seconds so you’re now looking at 2.7-4.5k every 15 seconds alone (assuming you take the immob on justice trait vs the torch trait).

Second of all, I believe thanks to the ridiculous buff to radiance and how a third traitline can be taken, I can see ridiculous radiance/honor/virtues or radiance/valor/virtues, or even radiance/honor/valor builds running around outshadowing zerkers (ye I said it >:U). As long as these super sustain cele builds don’t exist, I’m fairly certain the meta will open up really nicely.

That being said, I think we could get a hybrid guard to work really easily without the valor line and I’m, personally, looking forward to radiance/honor/DH just to maximize that amount of immob and burn we can get our hands on (that pure of sight trait isn’t too bad either).

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I’m looking forward to Supreme Justice and Permeating Wrath as a game changer for (soon to be) condi guardians. Which ever they decide about the trait’s mechanics. Grouch got 5k dps through burns alone but that could double or even tripple with these two traits in a group setting. Then again, it would have to in a group scenario because everyone and their mother will cleanse profusely.

Like you said Sixx, we’ll see exactly how realistic the numbers are in in beta. I don’t want to get too hyped up!
too late >.<

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Was it even confirmed that Permeating Wrath be changed to around YOUR target?

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

It was never confirmed but the fact that Karl specifically mentioned it in the stream is more reassuring than expecting an Aegis on Shield :P. They wrote that comment down from the stream’s inquiries but we’ll see if Aegis will be added as a Shield trait, if it does at all.

The addition would add another DH build type for Scepter, Bow or Staff users who wouldn’t have had a choice otherwise. The biggest change is not having to be near a trap when it triggers in a group. Melee functionality with the PW change would remain the same.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

The fact that it was picked out to be mentioned is where all the hype is from. Being centered around your target is the change PW needs after it for the target cap put on. I think we really need to help push the desire for PW to be target based, or more accurately, centered on the thing that passive VoJ procs on. In fact, I’d rather have PW centered on enemy than remove its target cap, that’s how significant this change is.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

We should push for this definitely, but I find it odd that it didn’t work that way in the first place o-o. I suppose they would’ve never noticed if the community didn’t run after condi guard in the first place.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I’m looking forward to Supreme Justice and Permeating Wrath as a game changer for (soon to be) condi guardians. Which ever they decide about the trait’s mechanics. Grouch got 5k dps through burns alone but that could double or even tripple with these two traits in a group setting. Then again, it would have to in a group scenario because everyone and their mother will cleanse profusely.

Like you said Sixx, we’ll see exactly how realistic the numbers are in in beta. I don’t want to get too hyped up!
too late >.<

I do think you can have 10 stacks of burn at one time but you will need permeating wrath and supreme justice and of course very high condi duration. if you achieve it, it will be a low uptime burst and you need to trait for brawl fights to make use of it. we will see if this is worthwhile. There might be a combo with shattered Aegis and Communal Defense but also very situational. http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgIDuAWUAfg~

With HoT or more to say core specialisation changes which seem to come out earlier I think condi guard will be far better off. Looking at this: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgIC9APoBaw~

you get pretty much the best from all worlds. better condi cleanse, better sustain, a potentially overpowerd heal with litany, the option to spec for permeting wrath, crit chance through the roof with zero precision, top burn damage … list goes on. This build fits like a glove. And like Saiyan said: even shout variants are easily feasible if not even more team oriented and through radiance we will always have a pretty good critchance on top. so carrion will be a very good choice. heck you can go for focus mastery an add quite valuable protection uptime.

future is looking bright and a lot of fun for burnbuilds i’d say.

@Saiyan played you builds yesterday and had a lot of fun. To everyone who tries them: Picking the right fights is crucial! if you are more of a teamfight brawler go with the 0/0/2/4/2

(edited by Asmodal.6489)