Teach me how to Guardian!

in Guardian

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hey all,

I’ve now spent 2,000 hours on both my warrior and thief each, and guardian is my next stop. If the community could help me out in understanding the mechanics behind the class, synergies between weapons and traits, and how you as a person prefer to play the class, I would be very grateful.

Thanks! I’m eager to await your feedback.

in Guardian

Posted by: SeanLLewellyn.2807

SeanLLewellyn.2807

You could check the stickies up top.

in Guardian

Viking Jorun.5413

I have, and this is the build that I came up with based on what I find are the most intriguing mechanics of the class, but I still don’t believe I have a massively larger understanding than what I already knew.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I played my Guard to level 34 or something and shelved it for months. Recently I crafted it to 80 and have been playing it since. It’s fairly easy to get used to and when you do, it’s really enjoyable.
I myself mained a Warrior, and I’ll say right now that Guardians aren’t as faceroll as Warriors, though that’s why they are so much more enjoyable to play.

To me Warriors just feel like all their abilities, traits and attacks are all plain direct damage. Guardians are fun due to their boons, cleanses and group-wide buffs.

I didn’t even read into Guardian, just play it and get a feel for it. You’ll adapt soon enough.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I have, and this is the build that I came up with based on what I find are the most intriguing mechanics of the class, but I still don’t believe I have a massively larger understanding than what I already knew.

That’s fine for large fights in wvw, but in a 1v1 or small groups you’re not going to be able to kill anyone. However I think you know that.

Two things I would change. Runes of Dolyak are bad, it’s only an extra 30 hp, not worth using. Better going off getting solider, and having more condition removers. Or anything else tbh.

Shelter over SoR. The reason most people run Shelter because it mitigates a large amount of damage, and since you’re going full bunker. This would better suit you. SoR has a larger cd and is more prone to being interrupted.

You should probably want to check out the Healway build. Seems like that is what you’re looking for.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/WvW-The-Healway-Guardian/first

Also don’t use this build in PvE. PvE and PvP/WvW builds are completely different for guards.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Viking Jorun.5413

I played my Guard to level 34 or something and shelved it for months. Recently I crafted it to 80 and have been playing it since. It’s fairly easy to get used to and when you do, it’s really enjoyable.
I myself mained a Warrior, and I’ll say right now that Guardians aren’t as faceroll as Warriors, though that’s why they are so much more enjoyable to play.

To me Warriors just feel like all their abilities, traits and attacks are all plain direct damage. Guardians are fun due to their boons, cleanses and group-wide buffs.

I didn’t even read into Guardian, just play it and get a feel for it. You’ll adapt soon enough.

That’s exactly why I stopped playing my warrior after 2,000 hours. Thief isn’t going to get any buffs soon either, so I’ve decided to move on after 2,000 hours as well. Guardian should be a lot of fun.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

If you run sword/focus with 10,30,0,5,25 you can’t go wrong (;
Oh, if you plan on doing dungeons always bring master of consecrations, Wall of Reflection is one of our strongest skills!

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I like guardian, I play it in offensive mode. For pve I play a hybrid, half Soldier, half Knight, whit runes that give me critical damage, build meditation, whit sword+focus and scepter+torch. Good to deal damage, good to survive. Not a support. If you’re in danger, you die, I survive XD
For spvp I play it in berserker build meditation, dps. It’s a very good build to kill the enemy. There’s a lot of player that think: a guardian? it’s a bunker! And they die quickly XD It’s funny.
Not the easy build to play, but a very good build if you know how use it. But if you use it wrong you die quickly.