Tempest reveal. Any reason to play Guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Tempest will have better virtues (come on, 40% protection on all of them), better shouts and Ele already is the best class in the game, even with no Tempest.

ANy reason to play Guardian anymore?

in Guardian

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Is this some kind of really bad troll thread?

Battlelord Taeres

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanthin.2814

Xanthin.2814

As the guy above me said i hope this is a troll thread!

Guards are and will remain vital parts of at least two game modes, wvw and pve.

The fact you posted that shows you dont kow a lot about guardian, so i will educate you about why they remain dominant in those game modes and why they also function well in pvp, and will continue to do so.

In wvw the guardian offers very powerful group support in the form of boon sharing and condition management. A gaurd per party has always been a constant the wvw. Also offer great control in the form of wards.

In pve the guardian offers fantastic active defences in the form of reflects and party wide.blocks. when you need to dps a boss down, evading lowers your dps. so making it sou you can stand in one place and highly useful in any aspect of.pve, esp dungeons and fracts. Also party wide quickness is a nice new touch.

In pvp we hard counter teefs and do a pretty good job of countering other zerker builds if the guard is worth anything.

I doubt very much that the tempest, a single spec, will invalidate the entire clasd that has been in a good place since ever.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

That’s why you can’t have a dev for 2,3 classes, one will stand out and other 2 will suffer.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

The elems’ new skill effects look interesting so far. But i will need to see the CDs, damage sheet to be convinced on that. Core spec guardians will still be ok. Though admittedly I’m still and will ever be angry at the “elite” specialization the Guardian is graced with: plain, out of theme, lacking interwork, and ….traps????

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That’s why you can’t have a dev for 2,3 classes, one will stand out and other 2 will suffer.

I’m pretty certain that no dev is left to his own devices for the profs they work on. Usually these things are team based or at least peer reviewed and approved by management.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I’m pretty certain that no dev is left to his own devices for the profs they work on. Usually these things are team based or at least peer reviewed and approved by management.

That’s how it should work ideally but with the state some of the balance patches are released the assumption is questionable at best.

in Guardian

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

I honestly thing that the Dragon Hunter is kinda interesting
But I mostly play Guard as a roaming medi guard, not as a shout kitten ( joke ^^ ), which do play every now and then but mostly just the roaming
anyhow, I wouldn’t judge the new spec too quickly, let’s wait and see how it turns out, how it funcions, we haven’t played it ourselves yet

but that’s just my opinion

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Elementalist what else? 5 ele team WCS 2016 hell yeah build diversity why Anet whyy

It does sounds super broken being able to camp earth with stone heart to get the pulse protection and cripple, pulse heal and condi removal in water
and they have combo field that move!
But we don’t know the numbers yet

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

OK, even if ELE was the most OPed class in the game, it wouldn’t make people stop having reasons to play other classes. People need to be less ridiculous.

in Guardian

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

I read this People saying you know nothing about Guardian, talking about PvE and WvW and I just can’t stop laughing. I play Guardian since Beta in a competive way, was line Top20 Team Queue and have to say you are right my friend.

Tempest has only if you watch the PvP aspect the advantage over Bunker Guardian. You can transfer all your Boons to your Allies, get high ammount of Protection, have a staff and auras to heal and support allies and you have a ton of stundbreakers, mobility and traits like stone heart which saves you from crits and Obsidian flesh.

And now let me ask this Genius Players who say this is a Joke why would someone take EVER a bunker guardian over an bunker ele in PvP?

It’s sad to say but Medi-Guard just sucks at the moment in High-Class-Matches. HIGH CLASS! I’m not saying in general, skilled Medi-Guards can kill normal Players easy, but in High-Class-Matches they have no Chance. And seeing Bunker getting replaced with Ele makes me think, that there will be no place for Guards in the coming Metas, even with Dragonhunter.

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You are allowed to have more than one character. It’s handy when they have the nerf bat.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

OK, even if ELE was the most OPed class in the game, it wouldn’t make people stop having reasons to play other classes. People need to be less ridiculous.

This.

I main a ranger for god’s sake. There is little reason for me to play it other than the fact that I love the class. Even if ele elite spec is great it doesn’t mean you should stop playing what you like. Unless you are a flavor of the month reroller or something.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

The amount of AOE might, protection, stunbreaks, heal and overall bonus that ele gives to a group is now vastly superior compaeed to guardian’s.

Not to mention things like aoe stunbreak and pulsing aoe blindness, OH COME ON. that’s like 3 times our aegis.

And they even do more damage. Dragonhunter feels very underwhelming now

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

^^ Good story but that doesn’t mean people won’t play Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The amount of AOE might, protection, stunbreaks, heal and overall bonus that ele gives to a group is now vastly superior compaeed to guardian’s.

Not to mention things like aoe stunbreak and *pulsing aoe blindness, OH COME ON. that’s like 3 times our aegis.*

And they even do more damage. Dragonhunter feels very underwhelming now

Nothing is 3x our Aegis

Fragments of Faith

Shattered Aegis anyone?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

To be honest. . . Tempest seems the most lack luster of all revealed specs so far. It doesn’t help that the animations are so. . . xDDD

in Guardian

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

In wvw the guardian offers very powerful group support in the form of boon sharing and condition management. A gaurd per party has always been a constant the wvw. Also offer great control in the form of wards.

… wat? A guard per party, lol?
The old meta was 3-4 Guardians per melee party with 1-2 Warriors (or possibly 1 Mesmer to keep the veil up front). Pre stability change 1 Guardian per ranged party, after stability change no Guardian was needed (he couldnt keep up stab anyway).

What absolutely crush the current pirate ship meta is 5 Guardian melee parties, all running Judges Intervention. You dont even need Warriors anymore and just barely Elementalists for that matter (once you reach a certain amount of Guardians, water fields become useless). Just Guardians as teleporting frontline and Necromancers to finish up the bomb. Glhf when people in the area around the Judge bomb have 50+ stacks of burning on them.

So yeah…

Guardians are kind of in a good place for WvW.

in Guardian

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

I’m not going to play ele/tempest simply because all previous specs feel unique, only tempest feels like ele on steroids.