Thank you for the FIREBRAND! (+1 request:)

in Guardian

Posted by: Raverius.4378

Raverius.4378

Hi everyone, ArenaNet, here I wanted to simply thank you for the elite spec the Firebrand, it definitely needs lots of work, some big and small changes, tweaking and balancing, but this is not a place for these kind of suggestions and discussions as there are many other topics where you can post your ideas and thoughts on how to make Firebrand perfect, so again, THANK YOU FOR THE FIREBRAND!
I really feel that Guardian is finally going to be a class I wanted it to be from the start, not to mention that I always wanted to be able to use an Axe weapon with my Guardian, so after 5 long years my dream will come true at last Frostfang already waiting >:)

And here is that 1 small request. ArenaNet, please add some special and cool weapon skill effects when wielding/using a legendary Axe weapons with Firebrand, for both Astralaria and Frostfang, I don’t know if these effects are ingame already, because I did not test it myself but I saw some videos and I think that there are regrettably no special effects. I’m really hoping that these effects will be added. I don’t know about Astralaria but I have some ideas for Frostfang special skill effects:

SKILL 1: The basic animation is good but it is also awesome when it comes to designing a special effect when using a legendary axe. Simply just replace the standard magical axe attack animation that comes after the normal physical attack, with the Frostfang axe skin magical effect, should be easy enough to implement and it would look really awesome!

SKILL 2: The symbol already looks great and all, so it can stay as it is right now, but if you would ask me I would add some special details that would be ralated to Astralaria or Frostfang depending on which weapon you are using.

SKILL 3: This skill is perfect for adding some special legendary weapon effect and I think that ArenaNet should most definitely implement it. Once again, I don’t know about Astralaria but when wielding Frostfang the special effect when you pull someone towards you, instead of just a standard big magical axe head animation that pulls an enemy, the enemy should be pulled towards you by the big/giant Frostfang’s head.

Cmon ArenaNet give us some special legendary weapon skill effects for Astralaria and Frostfang!

So one more time, Thank you for the Firebrand! Can’t wait for the Path of Fire expac! Cheers!

(edited by Raverius.4378)

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Got to agree on a macro level, the idea and concept is really cool. By far the best of them elites in this expansion.

But there is so many thing that are flawed atm, it doesnt feel ready at all.

I hope they make a number of changes

In priority
1. Increase cone to 600 on mantras
2. Make Tomes instant
3. Remove burning from axe and replace it with a third bleed.
4. Let passive justice work the exact same way in FB as in DH/Guard

The above just needs to be adressed to make it playable in all game modes and not makign melee about spamming skill one on axe.

5. Buff healing in ToR to at least out heal a DH
6. Reduce cd on tomes (F2 and F3)
7. Either use the ammo system or the cd on skills as gate keepers.
8. In a perfect world all tomes should share gate keeper and with no cd so you just can swap to what you need.
9. The elite mantra has to be improved so it can compete with with RF. If not, tome builds will be the only build that is used in a competitive scenario.
10 the damage mantras needs to be merged to worth using
11 I would like some added mobility, a new fourth mantra that is a blink would be a great option.

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Sorry, but I just can’t get behind ur optimism. Firebrand feels like it’s in a worse shape than the beta-HoT DH; back then, Karl provided frequent updates on the fixes and solutions for the DH lackluster skills and traits. This time round, there’s no such communication from the devs, can’t help but wonder if they are even listening to the community’s feedback.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Sorry, but I just can’t get behind ur optimism. Firebrand feels like it’s in a worse shape than the beta-HoT DH; back then, Karl provided frequent updates on the fixes and solutions for the DH lackluster skills and traits. This time round, there’s no such communication from the devs, can’t help but wonder if they are even listening to the community’s feedback.

I think sales arent going that well cause they already had 4 tests regarding the expansion so they want to ppl to try it more. saddly there is no feedback about elite fixes at all, and more I play with Firebrand more I find it borring and luckluster. If it stay this way with 90 sec cd’s, long cast times, low heals, mantra cones, no melee speed increase than guardians are really unlucky with this expansion.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

They have mentioned that they have made changes to the new elite specs, they just haven’t gone into detail on the changes yet. So while we don’t know if they will really address the problems, at least we do know that the elites we have been playing are not the final product.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I think sales arent going that well cause they already had 4 tests regarding the expansion

Why would you make that association?

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

I think sales arent going that well cause they already had 4 tests regarding the expansion

Why would you make that association?

Cause on my map there were like 20 ppl max on both tests. And they were testing buggy characters from first beta weekend.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

They have mentioned that they have made changes to the new elite specs, they just haven’t gone into detail on the changes yet. So while we don’t know if they will really address the problems, at least we do know that the elites we have been playing are not the final product.

Don’t get your hopes up. They will focus on mirage, that got some high-profile complaints from the likes of Helseth.

If we get anything, it will only be some number tweaks, like they did with DH, ignoring the fundamental design flaws of the spec. And then, they will nerf the damage down the line anyway.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Don’t get your hopes up. They will focus on mirage, that got some high-profile complaints from the likes of Helseth.

If we get anything, it will only be some number tweaks, like they did with DH, ignoring the fundamental design flaws of the spec. And then, they will nerf the damage down the line anyway.

but but we have too one called Aurora Peachy, she mains guardian she said it is awesome great peachy meachy Firebrand she even clicks her skills with a mouse and minute later she goes to play Final Fantasy 14 xD

Dont get your hopes up, we are doomed with long cast times long cds book ammo and tome skills cd (I dont want to get into traits and movement speeds and everything else), but hey dont forget Firebrand is peachy meachy!

/sarcasmoff