That hammer/GS Combo! - TDM vid added

in Guardian

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Heyo guardian forums,
maybe some of you remember my last post about hammer/GS…
but simply put: I prefer hammer over scepter/focus and have had a lot of success with it in SoloQ.

The build that I run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJARSlsApboVDxcI8DNR8QVVAg9UEFV61/wOkDA-TpBFwACOCAMuAA12fo9hAoaZAAPAAA

Because of the loss of condi removal (with absolute resolution) you have purity instead of the fury on med trait and generosity on hammer.
Then to make up for the loss of fury you have pack runes for 50% uptime which is plenty. Overall, I think its a really great build, BUT, i’m not gonna disagree condi engi/necro and kite-y opponents will give you a bit of trouble…

Video with combo’s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt2pKjnydwA
I suggest to watch the vid to watch my playstyle and some combo’s that I made up. Also, because its pretty epic :P

TEAM DEATH MATCH VIDEO WITH THIS BUILD:
http://youtu.be/8Ha1-4zYJ3s

This build exels in courtyard map IMO. I got a lottaaa kills
The video is with a friend if mine who plays condi guard, and he’s pretty good!
Thank you

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

(edited by Holl.3109)

in Guardian

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

Nice played. Liked the video!

in Guardian

Holl.3109

Thank you
/15charrrrrrrrrr

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Holl

I’m 100% sure that I’ve see your video before this post…

Good job man!

Do you think a similar build would be viable for wvw?

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: Svenghali.4716

Svenghali.4716

Nicely done Holl. I dont PvP much anymore, but I love non “Meta” builds.

I have a WvW high DPS GS/H build that isnt glass that I have somewhat translated to PvP, but I like your build idea for PvP here. (Great vid BTW)

My thread if youre interested.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Videos-High-DPS-WVW/first#post4606035

in Guardian

Holl.3109

Lol I’am REALLY new to guardian but absolutely hate scepter, which is the reason I made this meditation build with hammer

@Aggrostemma: I might not be the right person to ask guardian questions to because I only have 100 hours or so in PvP (and lvl 24 in PvE xD all from tombs of knowldge) but yes, I think this build would do really well in WvW mainly because chill on GS swap/immob hammer/that RoW though!/Banish for days :P
Always keep staff for swiftness and disengage with LoF and JI for some OK mobility.
Probably add in some PVT gear for just a bit more survivability and you’re good to go
And thanks

@Svenghali: Thank you, my videos are always quality over quantity
Anywho, I’ll be sure to check out your post!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Guardian

Holl.3109

Nicely done Holl. I dont PvP much anymore, but I love non “Meta” builds.

I have a WvW high DPS GS/H build that isnt glass that I have somewhat translated to PvP, but I like your build idea for PvP here. (Great vid BTW)

My thread if youre interested.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Videos-High-DPS-WVW/first#post4606035

Wow those mighty blows though!
BTW nice music, all the music from volume 3 I have in my music library xD
Just one question why don’t you take 1 out of radiance and the last trait tree and go for meditations?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Guardian

Posted by: Pitman.9210

Pitman.9210

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

0 1 6 6 1 or 0 0 6 4 4 is better.

in Guardian

Holl.3109

But wouldn’t fiery wrath be better???
It’s like a must have in DPS right?
And I think I would rather take zealots speed than the boon on virue trait, because those boons are only 5 secs :/

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

And I think I would rather take zealots speed than the boon on virue trait, because those boons are only 5 secs :/

Against any top tier cc and condi team I would trait 00644 like the above. Absolute Resolution just rocks for you and your team. Especially since you can’t afford to have any sort of cc when switching to hammer.

When blown up with conditions and/or cc, Force of Will isn’t going to do much against stacks of condis. In zerg fights like your build is meant for, Absolute is pretty much needed for you And your team; other classes don’t have condi removal like you do.

Fiery wrath Would be better if you could keep your burn uptime. But since you can’t it’s really only useful in 1v1 type scenarios if that. Big crit damage gives the traits max potential but unless you’re running with a d/d ele or burn guard, half the time the trait is dormant when JI is on cd.
Otherwise yes it makes for a nicer burst but this isn’t much of a roamer build.

01661 is often favorable because of the overall might you offer and blinds it gives (don’t underestimate blinds!). With renewed focus you do this twice. Think of it as a 10s might instead of 5s, and you’re offering protection and might to your team in zerg scenarios. Which ever build you like better though.

Other than that it’s a fun and solid solo build for sure.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Svenghali.4716

Svenghali.4716

Yeah I agree, Fiery Wrath is more roamer and 1v1. Its use is scenario specific. My Burn durations are really low since I havent traited or equipped in any way to extend it.

Typically I use it for Whirling wrath or Smites. Because its power based (or so it seems to be) it burns heavy for the short time it does, but I mainly use it to get that extra 10% damage + burning. Its how I can take alot of my enemies down in under 5 seconds – as soon all throughout my vids.

in Guardian

Holl.3109

Against any top tier cc and condi team I would trait 00644 like the above. Absolute Resolution just rocks for you and your team. Especially since you can’t afford to have any sort of cc when switching to hammer.

When blown up with conditions and/or cc, Force of Will isn’t going to do much against stacks of condis. In zerg fights like your build is meant for, Absolute is pretty much needed for you And your team; other classes don’t have condi removal like you do.

Fiery wrath Would be better if you could keep your burn uptime. But since you can’t it’s really only useful in 1v1 type scenarios if that. Big crit damage gives the traits max potential but unless you’re running with a d/d ele or burn guard, half the time the trait is dormant when JI is on cd.
Otherwise yes it makes for a nicer burst but this isn’t much of a roamer build.

01661 is often favorable because of the overall might you offer and blinds it gives (don’t underestimate blinds!). With renewed focus you do this twice. Think of it as a 10s might instead of 5s, and you’re offering protection and might to your team in zerg scenarios. Which ever build you like better though.

Other than that it’s a fun and solid solo build for sure.

Great advise! Today I went 01661 and didn’t notice much difference, except that I’ve secured a lot of stomps So I might stick to it….

And wouldn’t fiery wrath work better in team fights? Use VoJ and 15+ sec burn on a target, plus, engi’s and ele’s would also bring lots of burning that you can proc fiery wrath of of….

And I think you might be mistaken… Force of will DOES help against condi’s.
Toughess is for raw damage like backstab and stuff
Vitality is for condi’s, an extra 4.5k health will let you fight a lot longer than simply removing 3. (in my opinion)

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Guardian

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

I’ve been playing with GS/Ham combo, x-1-6-6-1 with glacial heart and extra vitality trait.

I say, I really love the playstyle and I do really good. Of course, when I get outplayed, not much to do there except admit defeat and learn more from it.

Usual trouble with those pesky engineers.

in Guardian

Holl.3109

TEAM DEATH MATCH VIDEO WITH THIS BUILD:
http://youtu.be/8Ha1-4zYJ3s

This build exels in courtyard map IMO. I got a lottaaa kills
The video is with a friend if mine who plays condi guard, and he’s pretty good!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Nil:

Hi there!

I run basically this build in wvw since a few days and it works. It’s not that durable as a Altruistic build nor it has the sheer burst of a true medi guard but it has potential.

My build is a bit different… Here:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJARSlsApaotCxcI8DRRDRkjNYflFe9RSAA-TVCIwAAeCAdU/JoSjlKB5pMTwFAIiugCHCAW7PQKAmUGB-w

I keep changing Pure of Voice for Force of Will depending on the situation.

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Holl.3109

To be honest I dont WvW with my guardian, only PvP. But i think this build should do just fine. Look at my earlier comment to see what I would change though.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel