The Dragon Hunter Gauntlets

in Guardian

Posted by: Atin.1237

Atin.1237

It looks like from the screenshots that the dragon head on the gauntlet is only on the left arm and you just get a spiky finger glove on the right with no gauntlet above the wrist. I really hope it doesn’t ship like this. The dragon head fixture looks awesome but it needs to be on both sides of the gantlets.
There has been a real obsession with heavy armor gauntlets and shoulders not being symmetrical in design and it has turned my off to a lot of armor pieces. Does anyone else feel the same as I do? I am hoping for a version of the DH gauntlets with a dragon head on both gloves. fingers crossed

in Guardian

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

I imagine that it’s done that way since the spec weapon is a longbow— and archery is easier to do when your wrist movement isn’t hampered by hulking gauntlets. It doesn’t hold for the rest of the game where warriors can easily use their LBs with gauntlets— but for a specialization centered around using a bow, I guess it’s a detail they didn’t want to overlook.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I don’t know this screenshot you’re speaking of but I usually like asymmetrical armor so most likely I’ll like them.

and TheDuck is probably correct on the reasoning for the asymmetry.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

It looks like a hand puppet in the style of a dragon Lampchops….

in Guardian

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

It looks uterly awful. be glad the dragonhead is only on one side. its nose twists with your characters wrist movements and it just looks so stupid.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I like it…

but again its really great to have this piece of armor covered by a shield or aegis ALL THE TIME.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

It’s hideous. The mistguard armor is the true dragonhunter armor. The pants look like they were made from dragon scale. The shoulder piece is on the shooting side so it protects the wearer on the place it needs it.

Tldr mist guard is our armor!

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

The DH gauntlets looks like someone took a plastic wyvern skull, then rubber-banded it to some rubber gloves and called it a day.

in Guardian

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The head is not on both sides because one hand has to pull the string on the bow.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I don’t agree. I am quite fond of asymmetrical designs. Although in the case of these particular gauntlets I don’t like them because they’re too big and gaudy. I don’t like a lot of faces and crap on my armor