The Good things about being a Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I see a lot of complaining about many of the Guardians Skills or their lack of Anti-Kiting abilities or how people compare their burst damage to Warriors.

Therefore! I have decided to make a post where people can say the things they love about their Guardians and what makes them continue to play this great class.

I’ll start it off by saying that I am for want of a better word a DPS guardian and the thing I enjoy most is being able to leap into an enemy zerg in WvW unleash some GS aoe critting 5 people for 5K to 6K then walking out like a sir.

Anyone else have some good experiences playing as a Guard to lighten the mood and give this class some well deserved appreciation?

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Knowing the enemy always think “How is he still standing?!?!?!….HAXXX”

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

The amount of times I’ve sung “I’m still standing” by elton John just cause I can

Another good one is using the bubble shield or banish to launch people off cliffs.

in Guardian

Posted by: hithlain.4385

hithlain.4385

Guardian is wonderful. The most wondeful thing being a guardian is that when I’m chatting with someone and a mob jumped on me, I can finish my sentence before having to kill the mob

in Guardian

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Most wonderful about the guardian is its ability to troll entire enemy zergs in WvW. If you’re ever defending one of the towers in WvW with a staircase going to the lord, simply stand at the top and drop a sanctuary (specced for 12 second duration), followed by line of warding, followed by ring of warding and lol as 40-50 people keep running and getting knocked down by your artificial walls for 22 seconds straight. Might even delay them enough for your siege to kill the entire zerg, then it’s really funny.

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

Don’t forget about a wall of reflection in front of a besieged gate. Lovely to see those numbers rolling.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Favorite things about being a Guardian:

• Banish
  • Trapping an entire enemy team in my Ring of Warding in sPvP
  • Empower, then switch to Greatsword (with all the faults I have with the Staff, this little combo is amazing)
  • Judge’s Intervention
  • Shield of Absorption (such a nicely designed ability)
“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

I once stood in front of a keep door using my default staff attack. Acutally killed a guy on the other side.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Run out when a zerg is at your door, wall of reflection in front of the door, run back in, watch numbers.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Guardian

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

Gotta love the mace + Shield combo. Really lets you live…forever

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I love the dual nature of a lot of our skills. In previous MMO’s, you generally either damage enemies OR support allies. In Guild Wars 2, we can do both without thinking!

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: hithlain.4385

hithlain.4385

I once stood in front of a keep door using my default staff attack. Acutally killed a guy on the other side.

Isn’t what ANet called an abuse, a bug that is forbidden to use till they found the fix for this? I remember reading something about this somewhere…

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

Ele’s are also able to blast people through gates and a hell of a lot of them do it as well but that’s life and we have to deal with it.

This is a thread about the things people enjoy about Guardians not bug abuse so I will ask you to return to the main subject.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The best thing about being a Guardian is feeling powerful when our boons are active.

What?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Romarix.5829

Romarix.5829

Best thing about being a Guardian? Being able to facetank pretty much anything and hearing “Oh my god, how are you so tough?” after every other dungeon run.

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

Yeah I do love the ability to stand in front of a dungeon boss and just be like “evening sir, I will be tanking you for the next 5-10 minutes while my allies pound the kitten out of you. Shall we begin?”

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Never dying to thieves.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Isn’t what ANet called an abuse, a bug that is forbidden to use till they found the fix for this? I remember reading something about this somewhere…

This has been known since a Guardian first walked into WvWvW during the beta weekends (and should have been found by Arenanet’s QA-team). If it’s still an issue, they shouldn’t scold people for doing it.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

AHHHHHH SO MANY THINGS!

Favorite thing is finishing a problematic thief with a Judges Intervention to deny his teleport.

Second favorite thing is walking to the front of an enemy zerg, throwing down wall of reflection and slow rezzing an ally right in front of them and watching as they are too afraid to stop me.

Third favorite thing is Judges Intervention>Banish to knock people off cliffs.

And my favorite thing someone else said is trapping a group of people in a Ring of Warding and Yelling “I’m not stuck in this ring with you, you’re stuck in this ring with me!”

(edited by Indure.5410)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Never dying to thieves.

This one make me chuckle. Also, quite true.
Killing thieves however….

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Use Ring of Warding and then Judges Intervention before it finishes casting. SUDDEN CAGE MATCH!

in Guardian

Posted by: xerenity.7451

xerenity.7451

[block,block,block,block,dodge,dodge]
“WHY ISNT SHE DYING!?!!?!”

“Commander” Countess Xerenity;
Lvl 80 Guardian, Thief, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gary.7105

Gary.7105

I love my guardian because I’m too lazy to dodge.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

I just made a guard and got him to 80… I was in the wvw BL puzzle and there were about 5 enemies. I couldn’t complete the puzzle, but I managed to mess with them for a while and they weren’t able to kill me. Knocked a couple of them off, too. In the end I ran away and was able to teleport. I could never survive that encounter on my ranger… Also, I’m going to get the juggernaut tonight, which I think goes well with he guardian class and I have always loved hammers. Even in pve I am finding uses for ring of warding, for example in CM em path where you have to run the bombs and keep the enemies away. Use the shield skill to push them all away, switch to hammer and bam, watch them trip over themselves. The amount of support and utility is incredible… ofc the mobility is lacking, but you can’t have everything.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the hammer is by far one of my favourite weapons! though the GS comes in a close second. i love being able to banish people in the following two scenarios. 1) when one my allies are being stomped soon, banish. 2) when an enemy tries to res their downed ally, banish.

and just for fun, last night right as i banished someone, another Guard had used binding blades on them, so right before their flying body was coming to a stop, he got pulled right back in. XDDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall