The Moot and guardian builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I like The Moot. I want The Moot. The Moot is awesome…

…But I don’t like the mace playstyle. I’ve been messing with builds, but I can’t seem to find one that makes the mace work as a primary weapon. If I can’t make it work, I may have to get kudzu for my ranger instead.

Ideas?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I love my Moot too! When I do use it I go M/F or M/S. Tried M/T, but it just doesn’t work. No synergy between the two.

For the most part you want to do the healway build or x/x/30/30/x AH build. Doesn’t really work with a mediation build.

Biggest problem I have with mace is. Against melee it’s great, but a range opponent is just going to kite you all day, and it’s a pain.

For the most part I just save it for zerg diving, and large WvW fights. Nice part about the mace though it’s a surprisingly hard hitting weapon if you have right gear.

PvE it’s a great weapon since mobs just stand there for the most part. Also great in PvP for holding points.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Quarktastic.1027

I’ve been trying a 10/30/20/x/x build to maximize the damage output of the mace. It kind of works, but I need to spend more time with it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Another build you can try is 0/25/20/25/0. You’ll be getting 20% more dmg if your target has a condition, and you’re not at full endurance. You can also get larger/longer symbols or both if you want. Which would help a lot with the Symbol of Faith.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

I run 0/0/30/30/10 as my traits (PVT armor, knight’s trinkets, PVT backpiece and zerk weapons). I switch between the GS and Mace/Shield as my main hand (Offhand is always Staff).

The mace hits heavy with my current setup. It is rather crazy seeing how I tanky I am and I am hitting 4k crits with auto attack and 2-5k with the other skills.

I imagine a dps leaning build would likely hit much, much harder.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

You can easily score 6k+ final hits with Mace auto in a Berserker setup with Might and Vuln. 10/30/0/20/10 Fiery Wrath, RHS, Superior Aria, Writ of Exaltation, Unscathed Contender. 0/30/0/20/20 is also great with Mace, with a +20% boon duration food. You can then use whatever runes you want and have really high boon uptimes. For the highest DPS you can reasonably maintain without worrying about Aegis, 10/30/0/30/0 works very well. Aria/Might/Exaltation in Honor, or if you are having issues with conditions, Aria/Might/PoV.

I use Mace and Sword fairly interchangeably, mostly preferring sword in WvW for the extra mobility and Mace in PvE. But I use both in either setting.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

After playing a lot with almost every weapon I came to the conclusion that mace is not a very good weapon for dungeon/wvw. Its not that it is useless but the other weapons are more usefull. For example staff/hammer gives a better support than mace+shield / staff, because protection> regeneration and spawmable blast finishers from the hammer will help the party more than no finisher running mace+shield.

As for DPS the mace autoatck (chain3) is slow will be very hard to hit if the enemy know how to play, cause you will have no or little criple skills. GS autoatk hits faster and although they have the same range on the toolpick the GS seems to be much easier to land hits.
If you run mace+shield or focus you wont get the effect of the 2handed weapon coldown reduction, it is more used if you run staff/hammer or staff/GS or GS/hammer. You will spend 1 extra trait if you want to trait the shield.
I used to play staff/mace shield focus in zergs, so the startegy was stay with staff 90% of the time and use the mace(with sigil of energy) as a panic button. If you see that you are been zerged or your team is wiping you can have 2 dodges+ line of warding+ 3 shouts converting conditions into boons, 2 stun breaker, pop the 3 virtues and use renewed focus, use the virtues again, the extra dodge from swaping to the mace+ the protection of the shield4 1 block from mace3 and cast mace2 while you run. But your main is not the mace is the staff.
I’ve even made the legendary mace but dont use it anymore, cause that build (0-10-30-30-0 shouts+boon duration) you sacrifice all your dps in sigle target to be able to support + tag enemy and become very very hard to kill. With the staff/gs you still have the survivabilty but change 1aoe pull+little heal+ sybol of regeneration for dmg 1 leap+aoe blind+aoe push+retaliation symbol. The extra leap and dmg will help much more than 1 block and protection, cause you already have lots of defensive tools.
You can try to make a one handed zerker but how do you plan land your hits with a weapon that is slow, has no leap, no cripple, no stun ?

Attachments:

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Guardian

Quarktastic.1027

You can try to make a one handed zerker but how do you plan land your hits with a weapon that is slow, has no leap, no cripple, no stun ?

I plan to play PvE where enemies are too stupid to move.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: Devils.3679

Devils.3679

Mace with focus puts out the most damage to protection than any other weapon set in dungeon. support that with sword/torch or scepter/torch and you got a winner.

in Guardian

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

go with the moot much better for guardian the the ranger bow

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i loooove the mace. my single hand weapon preference for the Guardian (excl. offhands): mace >> scepter >> sword. mace and scepter are close.

if you have no problems surviving, try a DPS oriented build. majority of gear berserkers, a x/30/30/x/x build and you can destroy faces in PvE, WvW. PvP too but since you’re going for a legendary..

i run mace/torch + scepter/focus. try timing shield of wrath (focus 5) and protector’s strike (mace 3) for some explosive AoE damage. of course, depending on your targets, i wakittenting up to 3-4k with the mace’s final hit. i’ve seen videos of protector’s strike hitting up to 9k+. this is all WvW so might be different ni PvE but definitely very fun. and with innate defensive capabilities of the mace, it makes for fun times.

and in regards to landing hits with the mace.. we have a ton of knockdowns, knockback into walls, immobilizes, of many that are instant.. teleports, binds and pulls, wardings of various sorts. plus, the mace can be played very aggressively. definitely works ni dungeons or PvE as well. not a soft hitter by any chance.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

A 10/30/30/0/0 or 10/30/0/30/0 build works well with mace for DPS. I like it as it has more of a ‘guardian feel’ than sword and is our other 1h melee option. If you go with the first trait layout its very fun and challenging. Protectors Strike and Symbol both do quite good damage and you’re getting some small heals and blocks. Throw your Zerker or Knights/Valks, get Sigil of Blood and Omnom Pie and all the little heals will keep flowing in. Torch is great when you’re solo or have a hard time keeping up the burning. It’s quite fun.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”