The "Unkillable" Build.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

The “Unkillable” Build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNApeWlUgyC33RKEf4ESWBDE7BG9Rb01jESiYIA;TkAqbM3Iuxej7G5NrPGNMdA

This build is a tank/support build that focuses on toughness and healing power.

Healing is key to this build and when you get good with it, you’ll wonder why you ever used skill 6 in the first place. There is nothing in this game that you can’t tank/kite with this and it pushes survivability to the breaking point of which some may say the class is plain broken. But I beg to differ since you will do some of the MOST PATHETIC DAMAGE seen in this game.

You’ll be using exotic CLERIC Armour with SUPERIOR RUNES OF DWAYNA. The old version of this build used to recommend runes of the monk but it turns out that runes of dwayna are more effective since they give regeneration bonuses and regen will heal you a little over 1.5khp/sec so as you can imagine just a few seconds of regen will almost top up your health(13k-16k) to full. So any extended healing duration makes a huge difference.

By the end of it you should have anywhere over 1.4k healing power. I have 1.6k since I have some ascended but the difference isn’t too noticeable.

Now for your weapons you have to have mace/shield as your main set.

The secondary I recommend a staff, but a greatsword is fine if you want to do a bit more damage(Not much more lol). On your CLERIC’s mace you’ll want SIGIL OF SUPERIOR LIFE and on your shield SIGIL OF SUPERIOR RESTORATION. Getting kills with the mace will add to your healing power as well as the shield gives you a small burst heal each kill you get credit for. For your staff use SUPERIOR SIGIL OF ENERGY. When you swap the the staff you will get half your endurance back providing you with another dodge-roll and skill 4 which heals you like a boss and buffs allies with 12 stacks of might. Also the ally heal is noticeable as much as night and day.

And before anyone asks, YES! It works out very well in World vs World.

You can tank A LOT and your elite and 6 come in handy more times than not. But the only thing I would change to be more survivable in WvW would be “hold the line!” to Judges Intervention. For when escaping a zerg of enemies chasing you down (when you get good, you can mostly get away even if you run half way across a WvW map regardless if there are more than 20 enemies).

So try it out! or if there is anything you would change to improve or your current build, comment away

EDIT: Thanks to Lexiculus.5296, Sigil of Energy is a much better substitute for Sigil of Water. Thankyou for improving the build!

(edited by Adam Of Awesome.7802)

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Conditions will absolutely destroy you.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blazin Blunt.6908

Blazin Blunt.6908

Talic the Protector – 80 Norn Guardian
Blunt of Balthazar – 80 Human Guardian
Khan of Feurt – 80 Charr Necromancer

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You may be unkillable, but how do you actually intend to kill anything with a build like this? At the very least you should run with Apothecary gear, then you can dish out some burn damage.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lexiculus.5296

Lexiculus.5296

I might argue that you would get more consistent aoe healing out of the sigils of energy and dodging than you would out of some of the sigils you listed, specifically sigil of superior water when your crit % is relatively low.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

You fail to realize mace 2 removes all conditions when standing on a symbol. Don’t believe me try it out. It does.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

You may be unkillable, but how do you actually intend to kill anything with a build like this? At the very least you should run with Apothecary gear, then you can dish out some burn damage.

Unkillable build is what it is. At no time did I state you do damage. Infact i stated you will do some of the most pathetic damage seen in the game If you traded survivability for damage then it defeats the whole purpose of the build

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

I might argue that you would get more consistent aoe healing out of the sigils of energy and dodging than you would out of some of the sigils you listed, specifically sigil of superior water when your crit % is relatively low.

I stated that sigil of water was NOT VITAL. It was just something I threw on my staff and even staff is not vital. So your point isn’t very strong But I will look into sigil of energy thanks.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

You fail to realize mace 2 removes all conditions when standing on a symbol. Don’t believe me try it out. It does.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. In fact I just tested it out and mirrored your traits to see if it was a hidden aspect not mentioned in any tool tips and it didn’t wipe conditions.

You may just be seeing them drop off due to duration ending, or someone else is removing your conditions without you realizing it.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

No it doesn’t unless your allies are using it as a combo field.
But then your build should be called ‘The Unkillable Build – If you have 20-30 allies around you and your enemy doesn’t’ but I can see how that would come off as less impressive.
If you were to 1v1 any player who played conditions, literally any, you will lose. Even if they’re horribly built.

Your build is suboptimal too, even for what you’re trying to do (almost every trait you picked is worse than another you should’ve chosen) and I assure you even a standard Bunker build will actually be able to kill you.

Sorry.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. In fact I just tested it out and mirrored your traits to see if it was a hidden aspect not mentioned in any tool tips and it didn’t wipe conditions.

You may just be seeing them drop off due to duration ending, or someone else is removing your conditions without you realizing it.

Okay maybe you are right But they never bother me

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

What’s the ppoint of this build in WvW?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

I run a very similar build for PvE. However, I would recommend you either pick up Pure of Voice, or Absolute Resolution so you can get some condition removal, esp. if you’re doing WvW. Immobilize will absolutely wreck you without it, and anyone running heavy conditions is going to chew through that regen in no time.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

Meat shield/revive, keep enemies off their siege if you can and knock away enemy finishers/invisible thiefs and chase mesmers keeping them on their toes

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Adam Of Awesome.7802

I run a very similar build for PvE. However, I would recommend you either pick up Pure of Voice, or Absolute Resolution so you can get some condition removal, esp. if you’re doing WvW. Immobilize will absolutely wreck you without it, and anyone running heavy conditions is going to chew through that regen in no time.

Yeah good idea. I don’t always have my 6 or 0 ready when stun-locked

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

what?
what does condi removal have to do with stun lock lol?
also ic for the WvW stuff, I prefer to do roaming myself and tbh no amount of passive healing will help you survive against 20 people focusing you down while you try to disrupt siege. I’m just not sure the mass healing is that beneficial in WvW

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Charging into hills lord room =P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Since you are running all shouts I recommend you use Pure of Voice. I’d also drop Retaliatory Subconscious and get Vengeful if you are going for retaliation.

Lastly I’d drop Retreat for SYG. Retreat is nice for getting places, but for actual combat it’s meh. Plus you’re already using the staff so you really don’t need the swiftness, and one extra block isn’t going to help that much. While on the other hand not having stability will get you killed. Also factor in the CDs, you can use SYG twice in the time it takes to use one Retreat. So that’s just more boons and healing.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Its a LoL gimmicky build meant for laughs i would suspect. Its not meant to be optimal. Just very extreme situational lol

It is what it is. Dont try to compare it to optimal builds

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

What is this? I don’t understand.
How can you claim it is an unkillable build when it has absolutely NO condition removal. None at all.
You don’t even mention taking gear with vitality on it just pure toughness and healing power? How do you deal with poison or facing a condition necro or engi? Hell I don’t even understand how you would deal with condition damage thieves. . .

The build I’m currently running has access to the following condition removal;
- Purity trait, 1 condition every 10 seconds
- Pure of Voice, 1 condition every time I use a shout
- Soldier runes, 1 condition every time I use a shout
- Absolute Resolution, 3 conditions every time I use Virtue of resolve

I still die to conditions far more often than direct damage skills. With a lot less invested in healing than you and less toughness due to only running 10 in Valor I still don’t have any issue with direct damage.

You’ll be using exotic CLERIC Armour with SUPERIOR RUNES OF DWAYNA. The old version of this build used to recommend runes of the monk but it turns out that runes of dwayna are more effective since they give regeneration bonuses and regen will heal you a little over 1.5khp/sec so as you can imagine just a few seconds of regen will almost top up your health(13k-16k) to full. So any extended healing duration makes a huge difference.

What? I’m not sure if that is a typo or if you’re just trolling. Regen healing for 1.5k per tick? With about 1.2k healing power regen ticks for ~270 if I remember correctly.

Also retreat instead of stand your ground? Just what? I honestly can not tell if you are trolling or not.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

The OP is incredibly misleading in almost every way possible.

Regeneration does not heal for 1500 a tick, ever and never will.

Symbol of Faith does not remove conditions.

You have no condition removal.

With Altruistic Healing, Writ of the Merciful and Absolute Resolution + 1500 healing power ~
Resolve + 220
Altruistic Healing + 84
Regeneration + 332
Writ of the Merciful + 222 ~ So 858 a second.

+ 84 × 4 if you have allies.
~ 1194 a second, standing in the middle of a small symbol with allies huddled around you, makes a nice target for AoE damage. And Poison with 33% healing reduction.

It’s a spec that let’s you sit in the middle of a zerg, as long as the zerg doesn’t move.
Good enough for killing sheep, if the sheep don’t fight back.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

The “Unkillable” Build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNApeWlUgyC33RKEf4ESWBDE7BG9Rb01jESiYIA;TkAqbM3Iuxej7G5NrPGNMdA

This build is a tank/support build that focuses on toughness and healing power.

Healing is key to this build and when you get good with it, you’ll wonder why you ever used skill 6 in the first place. There is nothing in this game that you can’t tank/kite with this and it pushes survivability to the breaking point of which some may say the class is plain broken. But I beg to differ since you will do some of the MOST PATHETIC DAMAGE seen in this game.

By the end of it you should have anywhere over 1.4k healing power. I have 1.6k since I have some ascended but the difference isn’t too noticeable.

Now for your weapons you have to have mace/shield as your main set.

The secondary I recommend a staff, but a greatsword is fine if you want to do a bit more damage(Not much more lol). On your CLERIC’s mace you’ll want SIGIL OF SUPERIOR LIFE and on your shield SIGIL OF SUPERIOR RESTORATION. Getting kills with the mace will add to your healing power as well as the shield gives you a small burst heal each kill you get credit for. For your staff use SUPERIOR SIGIL OF ENERGY. When you swap the the staff you will get half your endurance back providing you with another dodge-roll and skill 4 which heals you like a boss and buffs allies with 12 stacks of might. Also the ally heal is noticeable as much as night and day.

And before anyone asks, YES! It works out very well in World vs World.

You can tank A LOT and your elite and 6 come in handy more times than not. But the only thing I would change to be more survivable in WvW would be “hold the line!” to Judges Intervention. For when escaping a zerg of enemies chasing you down (when you get good, you can mostly get away even if you run half way across a WvW map regardless if there are more than 20 enemies).

So try it out! or if there is anything you would change to improve or your current build, comment away

EDIT: Thanks to Lexiculus.5296, Sigil of Energy is a much better substitute for Sigil of Water. Thankyou for improving the build!

You obviously never tested this build in wvw as you’ve claimed because most of what you said is patently false.

For instance regen will never ever heal you for anywhere close to what you claim (1.5khp/sec).

Symbol of Faith does not remove conditions.

You have no condition removal of any sort.

You have sub optimal runes setup.

Bottom line is this is basically a bad variant of the AH build and nowhere close to being “unkillable” nor can you dish out any non-trivial amount of damage.

This post needs to be renamed, “Totally inefficient build that melts to any conditions”.

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

But yeah you can play gw2 as you want(as the game is being stated since release), i would recommend no armor at all and try to get 2k healing power, for sure the best way to tank zergs, you will be like a 55hp monk on rolls. ./irony -off

It’s funny how the play how you want only works on pve, the rest of the game requires specefic builds to be efective.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

The "Unkillable" Build.

in Guardian

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

I already use a modified version of this build. But I use different traits that are a bit more selfish, so I am less vulnerable to conditions.

Honestly, my build’s only weakness is poison or stacks of bleed over 20. And obviously it does kitten damage, but I don’t die unless I’m poisoned. It really helps in dungeons when tanking.