The new guardian weapon

The new guardian weapon

in Guardian

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Elementalists’ conjured weapons have in-game skins but you get an icon showing that it is a conjured. Same thing could solve that problem. But we will get a real weapon like every other class, most likely.

The new guardian weapon

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

I’m going to be honest. I’m hoping this is the case. I don’t feel Guardians need a Longbow let alone a ranged weapon. What makes the idea frightening is what the specialization would offer in order to maintain the concept of the Guardian while giving access to a ranged weapon. The idea of conjuring and brandishing Spirit Weapons seems much more appealing, and it wouldn’t necessarily create a new play-style that doesn’t fill the role Guardians are intended to have.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem like the case. Looking at the Chronomancer as reference for how Elite Specializations work, the Guardian would have to receive two additional Spirit Weapons: a healing weapon and an elite weapon.

Edit: Looking at older footage at what is assumed to be a Guardian using a Pearl Stinger (Longbow), this is most definitely not the case.

(edited by Viralseed.9362)

The new guardian weapon

in Guardian

Posted by: Exhibit A.2346

Exhibit A.2346

First let me start by reminding everyone the devs said “MOST professions elite specialization will grant them a new weapon.”…

…the devs did say not every profession gets a new weapon,

“Elite specializations will always introduce a single new weapon type for your character.”

Direct quote from the specializations blog post. (emphasis mine) Where did you hear they wouldn’t all be getting one?