Thinking my next 80, should I not bother?

in Guardian

Posted by: Davi.4920

Davi.4920

As title really, are guard/dragon really in such a bad spot at the moment?

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

I mean, if you’ve got a free slot that you don’t care about you might as well. I’m hoping given they redid some ranger weapons they’ll look at guardian weapons (mace, sword, staff, etc), and either nerf other elite specs to be more on-par with DH or buff DH, but given how things are going I’ve tomed up a revenant.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Good frontline in wvw still

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Guardian

Posted by: Davi.4920

Davi.4920

See i’ve had people tell me I should just level a rev instead but I just find all the weapons really clunky and the whole feel of the class does nothing for me.

I am levelling a guard and am enjoying it. I do wish the skills were a little more interesting, most of them seem quite flavourless compared to other classes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

See i’ve had people tell me I should just level a rev instead but I just find all the weapons really clunky and the whole feel of the class does nothing for me.

I am levelling a guard and am enjoying it. I do wish the skills were a little more interesting, most of them seem quite flavourless compared to other classes.

Guard is still fun to play. You pretty much have a role in WvW and pve.

RP enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

The only place they’re not in the greatest place is pvp, and even then I’d argue they’re C/B tier (as opposed to the recent pole putting them in D). If the amounts of reflects available to scrappers and tempests was reduced, then they would be much higher. In WvW & PvE they have multiple viable builds & I run DH (LB + S/F) in WvW and Hammer DH for raids/fractals (or sometimes I swap in a higher dps build for fractals if I don’t have a chrono with me).

(edited by docMed.7692)