Those signet buffs are vicious

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

After the first set of buffs they got, I didn’t even think they were bad. Signet of Mercy is probably one of the best (if not the best) revive skills in the game now (just to compare, the only other revive as fast as SoM is Battle Standard which has almost double the cooldown). Probably going to be broken imo, but I think most people will be too dumb to realize it.
Signet of Courage is looking extremely good to me too; with the signet trait it has a 75 second cooldown, which pretty much makes it the best heal in the game (in addition to its shortened cast time).

The buffs to other underpowered skills are nice as usual (Save Yourselves finally got some resistance). A shame a lot of DH’s stuff got buttkittened though, although I’m personally indifferent.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I guess it’s decent for wvw then? To me they still look useless af.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

They still look bad to me. Their passive effects are just bad.

Signet of Mercy needs to be % based outgoing healing, like 20% outgoing healing or something, and Signet of Courage needs a buff the passive effect to be at least equal to the

Healing Signet is almost 5 times stronger than Courage and more reliable. Yes, it’s a healing skill, but Courage is an elite. And the cooldown is still too high, 75sec is more appropriate.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Healing signet is a very different skill on a very different class. Their passive effects are bad, but that’s not really what I’m looking at (and signet passive effects are almost always bad anyway). 90 seconds (75 with the trait) for a full heal is really, really good, and so is having the fastest non-elite revive in the game.

in Guardian

cranos.5913

in theory, maybe… in a single gamemode.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

The buffs to signets are mostly useless IMO. Here is the current state of signets:

Signet of Resolve: The passive removal is way to long for what the current game is like. Every other heal outclasses it, even Litany.
Signet of Wrath: The passive is fine, though useless because if you want to be condi you need to use all your passives for burn aplication. The active would make more sense as a burn aplication instead of immoblized. If they want to keep immoblized then the passive would make more sense as 25% movement.
Signet of Mercy: Passive is junk, +% outgoing healing would make it more useful. The active should be 1s cast on 60s CD. Reason for that is “Search and Rescue” which is instant cast and on 60s CD.
Signet of Judgment: Finally the passive does what it always should of did. The active I have yet to test but chances are in a burn build it won’t get used with spirit weapons still being better. Will get back on this one.
Signet of Courage: The active seems respectible until you realized Banner resses dead and is doesn’t “fail” unlike courage where if someone goes down at the last instant it does nothing for them. The passive needs to tick every 1-3 seconds and not be totally useless.
Bane Signet: The only truly good one of the bunch. It also has a different name convention making it so you realize it is different from the rest and not terrible.

in Guardian

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Dude come out of the fantasy land where you live and join the rest of us in the real world. These changes were meh at best. Really glad they nerfed Renewed Focus though. Not.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Signet of Mercy: Passive is junk, +% outgoing healing would make it more useful. The active should be 1s cast on 60s CD. Reason for that is “Search and Rescue” which is instant cast and on 60s CD.
Signet of Courage: The active seems respectible until you realized Banner resses dead and is doesn’t “fail” unlike courage where if someone goes down at the last instant it does nothing for them. The passive needs to tick every 1-3 seconds and not be totally useless.

Search and Rescue doesn’t instantly revive the target upon successful cast and it has 600 range. Signet of Mercy being a 1s cast on a 60 second cooldown would be completely mindbogglingly broken, and this is coming from someone who actually uses it. + %outgoing healing as a passive would be a nice change though.

Signet of Courage isn’t a revive and thus is not comparable to Battle Standard. I’ve said it before, but the passive ticking faster won’t make the passive better. It’s a supportive elite and there’s no reason you’d use it over RF for purposes of survivability.

Dude come out of the fantasy land where you live and join the rest of us in the real world. These changes were meh at best. Really glad they nerfed Renewed Focus though. Not.

If by “fantasy land” you mean the place where people don’t faceroll power creeped elite specs, then I’m perfectly fine over here thank you very much. Enjoy the nerfs though. ;0

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Of course ticking faster will make it better, you or an ally can die before you recieve a single tick, 10 seconds is a long time.

in Guardian

cranos.5913

If by “fantasy land” you mean the place where people don’t faceroll power creeped elite specs, then I’m perfectly fine over here thank you very much. Enjoy the nerfs though. ;0

they still do, just no longer with DH.

in Guardian

Azoqu.8917

Search and Rescue doesn’t instantly revive the target upon successful task and it has 600 range. Signet of Mercy being a 1s cast on a 60 second cooldown would be completely mindbogglingly broken, and this is coming from someone who actually uses it. + %outgoing healing as a passive would be fine though.

SnR might not revive instantly but it is instant cast and therefore actually usable unlike something that requires you to stand around like a tool. Plus it pulls the person to you so you could res them with their put so they stand up way quicker than Mercy will revive them. Every time I think I could res someone with that signet, I could just rub them for 1s and get them up instead. Though I guess in a healing build, retreat and merciful intervention are the only skills that do anything, so I guess you could take the signet.

Signet of Courage isn’t a revive and thus is not comparable to Battle Standard. I’ve said it before, but the passive ticking faster won’t make the passive better. It’s a supportive elite and there’s no reason you’d use it over RF for purposes of survivability.

Faster passive ticking would make the passive a ton better because you wouldn’t have to play guess work for if it will heal them or not. More often than not, you’ll heal someone up and then the signet will proc and be 100% overheal and therefore useless.

Courage and Battle Standard are comparable because they both serve the function and keeping people alive and in the fight. You only take either of these skills to keep people fighting and catching punishing mistakes.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Search and Rescue pulls them out of harms way, and both you and other allies can manually rez them along side the pet. It’s also a lot harder to interrupt the pet than it is to CC a guardian channeling Signet of Mercy.

Especially in pve, there’s absolutely no comparison between Search and Rescue and Signet of Mercy. SoM only saving grace would be having a good passive, so it’s not a dead skill while unused, like the other revive skills are, but SoM has a bad passive.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Search and Rescue doesn’t instantly revive the target upon successful task and it has 600 range. Signet of Mercy being a 1s cast on a 60 second cooldown would be completely mindbogglingly broken, and this is coming from someone who actually uses it. + %outgoing healing as a passive would be fine though.

SnR might not revive instantly but it is instant cast and therefore actually usable unlike something that requires you to stand around like a tool. Plus it pulls the person to you so you could res them with their put so they stand up way quicker than Mercy will revive them. Every time I think I could res someone with that signet, I could just rub them for 1s and get them up instead. Though I guess in a healing build, retreat and merciful intervention are the only skills that do anything, so I guess you could take the signet.

Faster passive ticking would make the passive a ton better because you wouldn’t have to play guess work for if it will heal them or not. More often than not, you’ll heal someone up and then the signet will proc and be 100% overheal and therefore useless.

Courage and Battle Standard are comparable because they both serve the function and keeping people alive and in the fight. You only take either of these skills to keep people fighting and catching punishing mistakes.

That’s funny, because whenever I try to normal-revive anyone in PvP, I get cleaved into oblivion (at least against half-decent players). There’s a huge difference between reviving someone at 900 range instantly after 2 seconds and reviving someone by teleporting them to you and then waiting for the revive to finish. Quite frankly I don’t understand how Search and Rescue comes close to Signet of Mercy’s current state.
Also I don’t see why any healing build would ever use retreat. Sanctuary scales very well with healing and it’s one of the best protective skills in the game because it eats stability like candy. Stability skills are also typically used on healing builds as far as I know.

You don’t have to guess if it heals them or not because the passive isn’t worth keeping track of in the first place. If you’re using Signet of Courage you’re not going to be in close-range anyway, because without Renewed Focus you’ll just get insta-gibbed as soon as anyone decides to focus you. If you want the passive to be decent, it shouldn’t be close-ranged.

They both keep people alive, and yet they’re still completely different heals. I’m not going to compare Receive the Light/Wash the Pain Away/etc to Battle Standard just because those are burst heals.

in Guardian

Azoqu.8917

That’s funny, because whenever I try to normal-revive anyone in PvP, I get cleaved into oblivion (at least against half-decent players). There’s a huge difference between reviving someone at 900 range instantly after 2 seconds and reviving someone by teleporting them to you and then waiting for the revive to finish. Quite frankly I don’t understand how Search and Rescue comes close to Signet of Mercy’s current state.

OK this is where we differ, I’m looking at this from PvE and you from PvP. SnR makes a mokery of any res skill in PvE

Also I don’t see why any healing build would ever use retreat. Sanctuary scales very well with healing and it’s one of the best protective skills in the game because it eats stability like candy. Stability skills are also typically used on healing builds as far as I know.

Retreat blocks and attack and then heals for ~2k when traited. In WvW you might skip that trait for the staff trait so I can understand not taking it there. Concerning Sanctuary, that is a skill I have a love/hate relationship for. It heals for a ton and completely destroys breakbars but everyone runs away from it and the CD is long so it hurts for on demand healing and only emergency.

You don’t have to guess if it heals them or not because the passive isn’t worth keeping track of in the first place. If you’re using Signet of Courage you’re not going to be in close-range anyway, because without Renewed Focus you’ll just get insta-gibbed as soon as anyone decides to focus you. If you want the passive to be decent, it shouldn’t be close-ranged.

Considering I think the active of SoC is complete trash, the passive is one of the only saving graces that skill could have. I’m of the opinion it would be changed to heal people you apply boons to, or heal those around you when you heal yourself.

They both keep people alive, and yet they’re still completely different heals. I’m not going to compare Receive the Light/Wash the Pain Away/etc to Battle Standard just because those are burst heals.

Oh man, RtL and WtPA. Yes Anet has buffed RtL and nerfed WtPA so that the problem isn’t as stupid, but I remember when they were showing off the tempest (with Karl dying to Svanir in the PvP lobby) and when they showed WtPA. It drove me up the wall that it was 360 degrees yet the skills that is basically the exact same is a cone where your character will try to turn to face enemies half the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Sanctuary got buffed with pulsing stability gone out the drain

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

What? Sanctuary never had stability, and as far as I’m aware of, it still doesn’t.

OK this is where we differ, I’m looking at this from PvE and you from PvP. SnR makes a mokery of any res skill in PvE

Oh, in that case I agree. I think SnR functions a lot better in PvE than SoM does.

Retreat blocks and attack and then heals for ~2k when traited. In WvW you might skip that trait for the staff trait so I can understand not taking it there. Concerning Sanctuary, that is a skill I have a love/hate relationship for. It heals for a ton and completely destroys breakbars but everyone runs away from it and the CD is long so it hurts for on demand healing and only emergency.

Yeah, 2k (if even) isn’t really that much healing though. As a support guardian I personally can’t live without Sanctuary, but I guess it’s a debatable skill choice. In PvE it destroys break bars, and in PvP it’s extremely solid for protecting allies, and interrupting stomps/revives (and it heals like 8k~ with modifiers).

Considering I think the active of SoC is complete trash, the passive is one of the only saving graces that skill could have. I’m of the opinion it would be changed to heal people you apply boons to, or heal those around you when you heal yourself.

The active on SoC is currently probably one of the best supportive skills in the game, and now it doesn’t even really need perfect timing either. There are few skills which protect your allies so well. The passive pretty much does nothing even if you hit your allies with it. I think healing allies you apply boons to would be a very interesting passive, although I think the active is perfectly fine the way it currently is.

Oh man, RtL and WtPA. Yes Anet has buffed RtL and nerfed WtPA so that the problem isn’t as stupid, but I remember when they were showing off the tempest (with Karl dying to Svanir in the PvP lobby) and when they showed WtPA. It drove me up the wall that it was 360 degrees yet the skills that is basically the exact same is a cone where your character will try to turn to face enemies half the time.

Honestly I’d much rather have the 600 range cone than the tiny radius WtPA has. Healing allies from a distance is kind of important to avoid being cleaved to death. If RtL lost its range, I’m not sure if I’d even bother using it.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

RtL needs to go down to 2s or lower cast time. Maybe the cd reduced to 25s. I mean, if Wash can be 20s, RtL doesn’t need to be 30s.

Guardian is the only profession along with Rev with no <25s heal, only that Rev gets 2 heals to make up for it. Until recently, Guardian didn’t even have a 25s skill, but we did have the record with 2 40s heals!

in Guardian

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Wash the Pain Away had its cd increased to 25.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Wash the Pain Away had its cd increased to 25.

In pvp only

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I tried a condi build with radiant retaliation and hallowed ground. It does a lot of dmg with burn lol.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

RtL needs to go down to 2s or lower cast time. Maybe the cd reduced to 25s. I mean, if Wash can be 20s, RtL doesn’t need to be 30s.

Guardian is the only profession along with Rev with no <25s heal, only that Rev gets 2 heals to make up for it. Until recently, Guardian didn’t even have a 25s skill, but we did have the record with 2 40s heals!

RtL is perfectly fine the way it is. It doesn’t need cooldowns on the level of power creeped HoT skills to be a good skill. RtL also has a longer-range, and it heals for a fair bit more as well. I guarantee it’s infinitely more practical and easy to hit multiple allies with a 600 range cone rather sitting on one of them with a 180~ radius (while getting cleaved to death). Honestly, after all the nerfs, I think it’s debatable how good WtPA is.

There’s Litany of Wrath I suppose, but there’s not really a big reason to have a specific amount of heal skills with an arbitrary cooldown. Healing skills can be good even if they have a relatively long cooldown, it just makes them better against burst rather than sustained damage.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

The powercreep argument is myopic, you don’t keep a class down for the sake of “balance” when everything else becomes better, because that’s how guardian ended up losing all their ability to support the team.

I always have a giggle when I go to the DPS golem and in the section with the profession-specific buffs, Guardian is empty. But support class, amirite.

RtL has the problem of being unusable in melee range without wasting even more time repositioning, and being able to miss allies who move away. You are looking at it entirely from a pvp angle, as if guardian is always hiding under their teammates’ skirt. They are called “guardians” kitten , not maids. In pve, you want to be in the boss’s face as much as possible, which makes RtL clunky to use.

As for the other heals, yes it’s burst vs sustained heal, that’s why classes get options. There are weaker low cd heals, or longer burst heals. Guardian doesn’t get options and you are actually defending this.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

The powercreep argument is myopic, you don’t keep a class down for the sake of “balance” when everything else becomes better, because that’s how guardian ended up losing all their ability to support the team.

I always have a giggle when I go to the DPS golem and in the section with the profession-specific buffs, Guardian is empty. But support class, amirite.

RtL has the problem of being unusable in melee range without wasting even more time repositioning, and being able to miss allies who move away. You are looking at it entirely from a pvp angle, as if guardian is always hiding under their teammates’ skirt. They are called “guardians” kitten , not maids. In pve, you want to be in the boss’s face as much as possible, which makes RtL clunky to use.

As for the other heals, yes it’s burst vs sustained heal, that’s why classes get options. There are weaker low cd heals, or longer burst heals. Guardian doesn’t get options and you are actually defending this.

When everything else (“everything else” being elite specs) becomes better, that’s called power creep, and the solution to that is to nerf the things that have been power creeped, not just buffing things to add to the power creep.

Oh, okay, so now aiming your camera at allies is apparently too hard. Sounds like why tomes got removed, “too clunky”. Alternatively, in PvE, you could literally just take a step back from the stack of allies and then use the skill.
I wasn’t aware that every guardian build was melee either. If I had my way with it, I’d give RtL even more range.

And who says that isn’t intentional? Not everything is available to every class, and for good reason.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

When everything else (“everything else” being elite specs) becomes better, that’s called power creep, and the solution to that is to nerf the things that have been power creeped, not just buffing things to add to the power creep.

No, you buff things to match the powercreep, or nerf the powercreep. Instead, you are asking to keep the bad things bad and ignore the powercreep. You didn’t say WtPA is worthy of a nerf, you just say we don’t need a better RtL.

Oh, okay, so now aiming your camera at allies is apparently too hard. Sounds like why tomes got removed, “too clunky”. Alternatively, in PvE, you could literally just take a step back from the stack of allies and then use the skill.

The skill animates for 2 1/2 seconds, if I take 1/2 sec to reposition, it’s a 3 sec cast. That’s my problem first and foremost.

And who says that isn’t intentional? Not everything is available to every class, and for good reason.

Somehow this only applies to guardian.

We don’t need accesible movement speed increase for every class, nevermind that literally every other class has it.

We don’t need low cd heals for every class, nevermind that again, literally every other class has at least one.

This is not what “flavour” is. Flavour is incorporating something to a class in a way that makes it thematic. Not trying at all is called “laziness”.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Azoqu.8917

We don’t need accesible movement speed increase for every class, nevermind that literally every other class has it.

We don’t need low cd heals for every class, nevermind that again, literally every other class has at least one.

This is not what “flavour” is. Flavour is incorporating something to a class in a way that makes it thematic. Not trying at all is called “laziness”.

Man it’s like Guardian is the only class that actually follows the rules of not being broken ever. I don’t remember a time when Guardian was so much better than everyone else (symbol crazy damage bug aside). Guardian has always been a relatively solid choice but it has never been crazy broken. Even in PvP with traps, it was never so amazing in top PvP, pros didn’t even use it.

If Guardian was balanced like other classes the following would be true:
Empowering Might – CD removed so that Guardian can provide 25 might (hello PS, how you came out later and are a better EM than EM ever was).
Spirit Weapons – Would last forever until killed, they really are just terrible necromancer minions right now.
Signet of Courage – Would pulse every second instead of every 10 (Healing Signet).
Virtue of Resolve – This would heal for a ton more.
Tons of other things I could write an essay on (at work).
We’d actually be healers/boon bots like the description of Guardian is supposed to be.

Why the DPS classes, Ranger and Elementalist (the classic glass cannon mage archetype), heal way better than the spiritual successor to the monk (GW1 healer), Paragon (GW1 buffer), I will never understand. Instead we’re a DPS class that has never been near the top and only sits mid way. For a while we were actually 6th, only above Mesmer, Necro, and Rev. Considering Mesmer has a monopoly, Ranger is kitten easy DPS, and Warrior is a super buffer, that’s pretty bad spot to be in.

in Guardian

Posted by: EasValistar.5307

EasValistar.5307

Where’s our movement speed on signets we’ve been asking for for so long?

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

No, you buff things to match the powercreep, or nerf the powercreep. Instead, you are asking to keep the bad things bad and ignore the powercreep. You didn’t say WtPA is worthy of a nerf, you just say we don’t need a better RtL.

Not really, RtL’s cooldown was too long at 40 seconds, but it recently got a buff to its cooldown and this latest patch nerfed virtually every meta build. So they quite literally nerfed the power creep and buffed the not-power creep. In fact with most of the patches they’ve just been nerfing overpowered “meta” builds and buffing underpowered stuff (that nobody ever uses because most of the community are a bunch of sheep who just stick to the most easy-mode “meta”/overpowered build).

The skill animates for 2 1/2 seconds, if I take 1/2 sec to reposition, it’s a 3 sec cast. That’s my problem first and foremost.

I’ve never been bothered by the cast time, and I’m saying this from a PvP perspective where your opponents are human beings with brains inside of them.

Guardians have options for movement speed increases, people just don’t like using them because as soon as trade-offs are involved people don’t wanna use those options. Not that I can personally care any less about the whole movement speed QQ. If the new spec gets a movement speed increase in a trait, I’ll think of it as a boring waste of a trait slot.

Necromancers don’t have a low cooldown heal besides the Blood Fiend (which is kind of garbage last time I checked). Not that I consider “Most classes have 25s cd heals and we only have 30s heals oh no~~~” to be a legitimate concern.

Honestly you complain so much about what other classes have that guardians don’t that it makes me wonder why you don’t just play other classes.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Necromancers have “Your Soul is Mine” which is 20sec. And regardless of Blood Fiend’s suckiness, it exists.