Time to Change something on Guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Cloud Stryfe.4058

Cloud Stryfe.4058

I wanna start this Topic with the hope that a Dev will see all.
I think that guardian need some changes.I see a lot of people cry for our “save your self” or our buffs so I thinked some thing.Does the guardian really need “save your self”?With some little changes for me not.First of all I think that “save your self” can be replaced by something like “Charge now!” (20% fury and 3 stack of might for 8-10 seconds for us + allies with 35 seconds of recharge). “Stand your ground” shout is ok but need to be improved a little bit the duration , i think somethink like 8-10 seconds is ok."Retreat"is ok but 60 seconds of recharge (48 with the right trait) is a lot , maybe 48 untraited is better.
“Hold the line” is ok but need to be improved a little bit the duration , 8-10 seconds maybe is ok.With this little changes no one use 7-8 buff with just 1 skill but , if used well , we are well balanced.For the last thing I think that with less protection and regeneration (no more “save your self” in this case) maybe a better Hp pool is needed , something like 2000-3000 hp more.
A general fix to stability is needed , is not good that stab. is useless from immobilize!
Whit this changes I think that guardians can be happy without save your self and all the people that cry for our buffs with 1 click too.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Uhh…. no on all of this.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Trickfully.1830

Trickfully.1830

yeaaaaaah… nty to all of it op ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I believe Guardian is perfect enough the way it is, no one has ever complained about “Save yourself”, maybe it’s just my server fellows to be fine with it as long as it is used in the proper contest, though fury and might are something I don’t see for Guardians to provide as much, Warrior’s shout has to provide them, that’s not support a “healer-oriented” profession is meant to give, to my eyes. The buffs we receive from that skill anyhow, go to compensate on our significative lower damage.

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Guardian is in a really good spot in my opinion, no need to change just because of the sake of change.

The only thing we need are some tweaks and bug fixes, and overall (for all professions) improved tooltips.

Though, the only change we actually need is in the Zeal traitline…

in Guardian

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

The only thing guardian needs to be a completely well-rounded class is some touch-ups to the Zeal traits and making spirit weapons a viable alternative to other builds. Everything else should be left as is.

Those changes you’re suggesting would make guardians completely overpowered.

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

Guardian don’t need a improvement on the zeal trait-line.No one in wvw use Zeal so will be so useless every improvement on that trait-line!and please tell me how my teorical change can make a guardian Op if neither activating all 3 shout you have the same buffs and duration of “save your self”.“save your self”is noob in structured too (half the duration of normal) cause is strong, I thinked that my ideas was good for all or you are just “save yiur self” dependant?

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Guard is the most balanced class in the game. I disagree with the op.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natedogg.9254

Natedogg.9254

Wait… we shouldn’t improve zeal because no one uses it…? You realize no one uses it because it needs to be improved, right?

Ah dur dur dur.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Guardian don’t need a improvement on the zeal trait-line.No one in wvw use Zeal so will be so useless every improvement on that trait-line!and please tell me how my teorical change can make a guardian Op if neither activating all 3 shout you have the same buffs and duration of “save your self”.“save your self”is noob in structured too (half the duration of normal) cause is strong, I thinked that my ideas was good for all or you are just “save yiur self” dependant?

You kinda opposed yourself in the first sentence, yes no one uses zeal because it is useless. Lets buff it until its not useless and actually opens up more viable/good builds for guardians?

Most importantly that no one said so far (this communities ignorance on this subject baffles me) only scepter #1 must be made homing/otherwise to hit a moving target. Guardians have no ranged viability in pvp/wvw right now.

Other then these 2 things, i’m fairly happy with the class all round

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

In wvw if you wanna play like a front-line soldier you need other traits , surely not Zeal ‘cause having more power is not the key to win ; the key for a good wvw character is be balanced.If someone wanna play something in Zeal you will lost traits that are too much usefull like AH or Pure of Voice.If people wanna play guardian like a berserker you have chosen the wrong characters -.- For the “no ranged viability” I don’t think exactly the same of you Sandra , Staff have only 600 of range but is really good.People say that the guardian is the most balanced class in the game so why in the previous patch they updated things like boonhate or the possibility of unblockable attack or the possibility to steal 2 boon with one skill?Maybe because they think that Guardians are “save your self dependant”?With my teorically changes we can prove not , my stats are good enough to play without it. I just want someone to tell me why with this changes a guardian will be OP if with “save your self” you have more buff and more duration with just one click xD

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

And take a look on “for great justice” shout of warrior. 25 seconds to recharge without the 20% faster shout trait , 8 seconds of fury + 3 stack of might for 25 seconds. The "Charge now " shout that I thought is not strong like that with a longer recharge time so I don’t really think that this is OP -.-

in Guardian

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Of all my 80’s, my Guardian is the most ballance, and the one I have no real issues/wants with. So you can add my voice to the chorus of “no” comments here.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sadranis.1738

Sadranis.1738

I agree with the opposition. The guardian is one of the most balanced classes and needs few changes apart from the ones mentioned(scepter, spirit weapons, zeal). As for your comment about berserker guardians, they perfectly viable. I occasionally play a berserker/knight geared 20/15/30/0/5 meditation build in WvW and do just fine. I also don’t get why you think guardians are “Save Yourselves dependent”, it isn’t really that great and I don’t use it on any of my builds.

Ryhziq(Necro) Falliq(Ele) Lucretzia Fel(Guardian)
Stormbluff Isle

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

For the “no ranged viability” I don’t think exactly the same of you Sandra , Staff have only 600 of range but is really good.

While i do not agree with anything you said so far.. i quoted you on the ranged part. Staff is indeed good, but only for its #4 ability and the aoe on #1 by doing 500 damage on 30 players so you can have 30 lootbags after you wiped a zerg. Not for it’s damage, which we lack on range.

I really mentioned scepter because its our only long range option that has viable dps. IF IT HITS. Because it does not on moving targets.

And for the zeal trait line, yes if you think no one will use it because everyone goes for AH and pure of voice they simply need to buff it so thats its equally good. Can you not understand the concept of buffing a trait to equal power of another so it creates more choice??

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

I will never play a guardian with a lot of power , they can buff zeal traits a lot too but If I want to do damage I reroll a warrior.Do you understand the word “Guardian” ? A guardian have to help other with buff and resist to damages.Is like a Ranger that wanna play with sword …It is possibile but the ranger way is bow.A berserker guardian with meditation is one of the most uselees build for wvw , 0 support to people , not the best of damage respect other classes … It is good only if you play in solo.Can you understand the fact that in wvw organized guild want class with determinate build that can be usefull?I do 1500+ damage on crit with the staff on #1 with a 41% critical chance , I think that scepter need only to be fixed a little.

in Guardian

Sandra Martino.3870

I will never play a guardian with a lot of power , they can buff zeal traits a lot too but If I want to do damage I reroll a warrior.Do you understand the word “Guardian” ? A guardian have to help other with buff and resist to damages.Is like a Ranger that wanna play with sword …It is possibile but the ranger way is bow.A berserker guardian with meditation is one of the most uselees build for wvw , 0 support to people , not the best of damage respect other classes … It is good only if you play in solo.Can you understand the fact that in wvw organized guild want class with determinate build that can be usefull?I do 1500+ damage on crit with the staff on #1 with a 41% critical chance , I think that scepter need only to be fixed a little.

Now i agree with your last sentence only because yes, making scepter #1 homing would indeed be a little fix. That is one thing we both agree on.

What i find strange is that you say guardian is for defense and warrior for dps, yet you want to remove “Safe yourselves” which grants different protective boons and replace it with a warrior dps shout clone.

Can we not both agree that fixing the zeal trait line would open up for more interesting builds?

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

Sandra try to think a moment , with SYS you take 7 boons with might and fury too but it is a personal shout , It is not with the Guardian style to help the others giving boons.For that I think that a shout like the one I posted can be a perfect one , you will have a little bit of damage too but it will help the other on the same time.In structured too SYS is nerfed with half the boons duration , maybe because they think that it is too strong for a single button skill.I don’t want that people think the same of me but sayng that with this changes guardian will be OP when we will loose some buffs it seems crazy.I agree that fixing the zeal trait would open more interesting build but surely not for wvw and I’m a wvw player.Guardian is a “defender” , is it clear for me and I play berserker only for fun (but a zerker guardian do less damage than a zerk warrior and I think that is fair enough)

in Guardian

Posted by: Danson.1094

Danson.1094

Doesn’t matter, nobody here likes your idea and Anet sure as hell won’t like it. Put this effort into your own character and build, you’re not a Guild Wars 2 developer.

Danson – Guardian on Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

Is just a topic , I don’t pretend this changes is just for talking -.-

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Is just a topic , I don’t pretend this changes is just for talking -.-

Yeah?

We are discussing with you :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If anything the most significant changes Guardian could use is in Zeal line.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hazor.3140

Hazor.3140

People arent calling your changes OP, they said OP as in “original poster”, that means you.
We just dislike your changes because guardian is in a good state right now and you are suggesting change a really good shout into a cheap copy of "For Great Justice’
I think most of us will disagree that guardians depend on SY! too, hence its not used in every build.
I would like to add that our first 2 traitlines should be improved too, and thats pretty much the only change guardian needs, if you dont like to play a zerker guardian then dont play it, a lot of people agree that guardian can bring a lot on the offense too.
Edit: Forgot to mention the scepter AA, that kitten needs fixing too lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Yeah I don’t agree with this at all, I never have a problem with my shouts. I’m actually asked to bring WoR more than SY. Which is fine, because WoR is amazing. If something needs to be fixed, it’s the Scepter and it’s “ranged” attack…

in Guardian

Cloud Stryfe.4058

I haven’t problem with my shouts , people that use other classes yes because they said that we play good only thanks to SYS (I never use it in WvW).The only things that I sayd is that in future if they want to change SYS so It can be good if all the other shout will be longer because our class is a boon based class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natedogg.9254

Natedogg.9254

Gotta love it when someone “starts a discussion” but then won’t listen to anything any one says about anything.

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

OP are clearly never ever play any other class before.

Sorry, you are kinda shallow proposing this without knowing other class first!

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank