Time to Complete Sword Chain?

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Anyone know how long it takes to complete the Sword 1 chain hits? Just wondering how long Virtue of Justice burning would need to last for it to be constantly be activated by the Sword.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

You’d need about 200% Condition Duration for the passive effect of VoJ to be permanently up.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Approximately 2.5 seconds to complete 1 combo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Each hit with 1h sword #1 chain is 1.5 sec total (each attack is .5 sec.) VoJ can technically proc on the 3rd strike from 1h sword as the cone attack can hit the same enemy 3 times if positioned properly.

in Guardian

Phira.3970

^ Forgot to add in delay. It’s 2.5 seconds. You can even count while doing the combo and see it clearly is over 2 seconds but not 3.

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

True enough. I typically don’t notice it too often just because I’m usually busy making sure that last hit lines up just right for all 3 hits lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Approximately 2.5 seconds to complete 1 combo.

It’s not “approximately”, it’s “exactly”.

in Guardian

Phira.3970

Well I didn’t know my calculations were that accurate.

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Thanks guys. Guess I’ll need to add more condition duration than I thought. The Giver’s Weapons aren’t working properly right now, right?

in Guardian

Posted by: Cayl Bourne.8073

Cayl Bourne.8073

To maintain burning on a target you will need a secondary source of fire and/or Supreme Justice from the virtues trait line.

Sword Torch can maintain burning for a long time with no help but indefinitely with a bit of condi duration or trait help. Purging Flames is the utility skill with the highest uptime and of course Tome of Wrath can get you a good stack of burning on many targets.