Tired of people expecting me to heal them

in Guardian

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Ok yes, guardian can technically heal others.

Why should i waste my own surviviability on others, when usually after spamming my virtues, i end up dying since i mis-timed a heal.

Everyone always expects me to buff them but really I need my heals for myself otherwise im not tanky.

What do you say to people who ask your guardian for heals constantly?

in Guardian

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I remind them that GW2 was designed to let players play as they choose. I don’t tell an elementalist what attunement to use, so I expect the same consideration.

Or I fire off Virtue of Resolve and say “Bam. You’re healed.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Yukatana.8901

Yukatana.8901

Tell them to press 6.

in Guardian

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I hate this kind of people too.

I once ran AC with PUGs, and this Warrior kept thinking he’s invincible. Come Kholer, every single time he gets downed (and he gets downed a lot), he’ll type “HEAL MEEEEEEEEEEE!”.

And he says “I’ll tank just HEAL MEEEEEEEE!!!”. Well, he’s a tank alright, he doesn’t dodge.

It’s annoying. I almost said L2P.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

It’s part people being idiots, and part people knowing that most Guardians run healing/support builds.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Next time just tell them this isn’t World of Warcraft

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Guardian

Posted by: Darcy.2079

Darcy.2079

This expectation / behaviour has been drummed into people over years of playing traditional MMOs. GW2 uses a different style of gameplay, and this will take longer to grasp for some players than others.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Tell them to press 6.

This is the best response so far.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Tell them next time to get behind the frigging shields.

1+1 = potato

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

It’s part people being idiots, and part people knowing that most Guardians run healing/support builds.

Not completly unreasonable for other players to assume. With the constent nerfing of seemingly everything realted to Guardian damage builds: Anet sure wants us to play that style.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

why would anybody invite an guardian intro party, if you do not waste your utility’s to safe them ?
I’ve been saved countless times by guardians in dungeons , when all party wass bellow 20% hp and he make us full hp
i’ve also runned with pug guardians in party, never had an single protection boon, not an regeneration or wall of reflection in front of me.
So on short :
An guardian who use : save yourselves / judge’s intervention /purging flames , MI ,COP , smite condition, renewed focus in dungeon party, persoanly i consider them pugs

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

AFKhammer isn’t a healing build. I’m not sure why people keep thinking that AH makes them some kind of group healer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I remind them that GW2 was designed to let players play as they choose.

There are 5 to 6 valid ways of speccing a guardian! Who knew that?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Are you sure? I would think that most people do not use Guardians with support builds, but are more offensive minded (I do favor support). Even so, it’s still their problem, because they are assuming for whatever reason that Guardians “must heal them” as if this was some sort of “trinity” game.

I have to say, though, that I have never encountered this attitude in the game-no one has ever expected me to “heal” them, or directly asked me to do so.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

why would anybody invite an guardian intro party, if you do not waste your utility’s to safe them ?
I’ve been saved countless times by guardians in dungeons , when all party wass bellow 20% hp and he make us full hp
i’ve also runned with pug guardians in party, never had an single protection boon, not an regeneration or wall of reflection in front of me.
So on short :
An guardian who use : save yourselves / judge’s intervention /purging flames , MI ,COP , smite condition, renewed focus in dungeon party, persoanly i consider them pugs

Ok wait a second. Save yourselves is great for group support as it pulls conditions to the guardian, possibly saving someone from condition death, purging flames does damage, cures conditions and is a fire field so you can blast finish in it to give might. Renewed focus is EXTREMELY strong in groups while running 20 in virtues, since it gives you double use of virtues of which one gives 3 stacks of might, another gives regen, an upfront heal, and can remove 3 conditions FROM EVERYONE, and the other gives a complete attack negation and protection on everyone.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

So on short :

Ok wait a second. Save yourselves is great for group support as it pulls conditions to the guardian, possibly saving someone from condition death, purging flames does damage, cures conditions and is a fire field so you can blast finish in it to give might. Renewed focus is EXTREMELY strong in groups while running 20 in virtues, since it gives you double use of virtues of which one gives 3 stacks of might, another gives regen, an upfront heal, and can remove 3 conditions FROM EVERYONE, and the other gives a complete attack negation and protection on everyone.

Oh please , you can compare the utility of SY in an group ? pulls conditions every 48 seconds, with hold the line 6 sec of protection and 10 regeneration every 24 seconds ?
renewed focus is poor compared with tome of courage , no matter how you make the comparations: you can heal party members from near dead to full hp , and keep them healed for 20 seconds
purging flames do damage ? can you even take in consideration that damage when an warrior hit 3 targets for over 20k damage with HB ? and you waste an utility slot for DOT
if you really want to remove conditions you can use soldier runes, and remove them fine with shouts, but the problem in dungeons ( fracals ) is direct damage and CC, and there are only few guardians that apply protection and stability.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Guardian

Star Ace.5207

So on short :

Let people play whichever way they want. All of those options are viable.

By the way, Renewed Focus can be better than Tome of Courage (I have used both, and I do love healing.) By keeping you alive, you are there for your allies. Tome of Courage has a very high cooldown (like most elites), and make that full party heal very situational. Now I am not saying that your Guardian allies shouldn’t use the Tomes, but it seems you misunderstand the reason people use Renewed Focus (as if it was a “selfish” trait-far from it; I use it and I love playing the “supportive” Guardian you seem to prefer.)

PUGs are not by themselves bad. Some can be, but there are great PUGs. Guildies can be “bad”/inexperienced too. However, Guardians that do not follow the builds you wish they’d have are not “bad”, pugs or otherwise.

Or were you being sarcastic? If so, I am afraid it’s not coming accross well. If you really meant your words, Guardians can help you and yoru party a lot, but do not expect them to save you from yourselves 100% of the time (no offense meant.)

in Guardian

Star Ace.5207

So on short :

Oh please , you can compare the utility of SY in an group ? pulls conditions every 48 seconds, with hold the line 6 sec of protection and 10 regeneration every 24 seconds ?
renewed focus is poor compared with tome of courage , no matter how you make the comparations: you can heal party members from near dead to full hp , and keep them healed for 20 seconds
purging flames do damage ? can you even take in consideration that damage when an warrior hit 3 targets for over 20k damage with HB ? and you waste an utility slot for DOT
if you really want to remove conditions you can use soldier runes, and remove them fine with shouts, but the problem in dungeons ( fracals ) is direct damage and CC, and there are only few guardians that apply protection and stability.

It’s called “freedom of choice”, which this game has more than you are giving it credit for.

BTW, I do apply protection and stability, although ocassionally they will be on cooldowns (as expected) when needed again. What I can’t relate to in your post is that you claim to “know” how a Guardian must be played, when there are many ways to skin a cat.

Tome of Courage is fun, but rarely useful for my playstyle, quite honestly. No offense meant if it’s you favorite elite, but Renewed Focus works great and frequently, helping my party overall much better by keeping myself alive to keep dodge-healing, regenerating, and providing others with the boons you so much enjoy.

Opinion=/=facts. Furthermore, the facts vary according to each individual’s playstyles.

in Guardian

Bash.7291

So on short :

Ok, since you failed to read, Purging flames does damage, CURES CONDITIONS, AND IS A FIRE FIELD, which guess what, is great for giving AoE might stacks to people. As far as SY, yes I do use it for group support. It works great for Cliffside fractal on the first fight, take everyone’s conditions and cleanse them off myself.

Renewed focus is still a great elite for groups when traited into virtues regardlesss of what you think. Going 30 into virtues even gives you an AoE stun break, which with renewed focus you can use twice pretty quickly, ontop of everything else you get from boons. You can also trait for Stability off of Virtue of courage use too, so actually Renewed focus is more versitile since you can spec for multiple different virtue effects with it.

Also, who said anything about not using other utilities? You could easily run Purging flames, SY, and HTL and still run soldier runes to great effect. Just because you don’t see the use in certain abilities does not mean they are useless for everyone.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the thing is, i am sure many of the Guards speaking in here don’t strictly stick to one set of utilities either. they’ll change their sets and skills depending on the situation. the game allows us to do so, so why not? i’m sure most of the “good” Guardians even switch weapons sets and traits within ONE dungeon run. hard to believe, eh? sure, not all Guardians run “support” only. but by staying alive, they’re doing DPS as well. so might i ask, what you would do if you went into a group without a Guardian? so you quit and leave because you don’t get regen and protection? i like to think i play “offensively”. and mark my words, if i can, i will heal you, give you boons, throw an aegis on you, remove your conditions in any way that i can, but that is not ALL i am going to do.

renewed focus is GREAT. i can area blind, area heal, area block, and then after a few seconds, i can do all of that again. how is that not “support”? and like Bash mentioned, more added utility. if specced right Absolute Resolution removes 3 conditions. THREE upon activation, while with battle presence, the passive effect of regen still works on allies. so how is renewed focus not a strong skill?

just saying. it’s not the utility or skill that depicts what a Guardian does. but the player themselves.

and PUG = / = bad players.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Alarox.4590

AFKhammer isn’t a healing build. I’m not sure why people keep thinking that AH makes them some kind of group healer.

AH itself has absolutely nothing to do with benefiting allies.

However, the purpose of AH is to make yourself tanky, and to do so you have to spam boons. Using a Hammer means you’ll be spamming Retal+Protection, and you probably have Shouts, Empowering Might, and points in Virtues. Therefore, it’s a support build.

Most Guardians run this kind of a build because:

1.) They’re used to being a tank in other games.
2.) They’re used to being healers/support in other games, and 30 Valor allows them to stay tanky while still being heavy support.
3.) They’re offensive minded but recognize that 30 Valor trumps almost everything else.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

However, the purpose of AH is to make yourself tanky, and to do so you have to spam boons. Using a Hammer means you’ll be spamming Retal+Protection, and you probably have Shouts, Empowering Might, and points in Virtues. Therefore, it’s a support build.

2.) They’re used to being healers/support in other games, and 30 Valor allows them to stay tanky while still being heavy support.
3.) They’re offensive minded but recognize that 30 Valor trumps almost everything else.

It’s still not a healing build. Support, sure…but what Guardian build isn’t support?

I’m pretty sure most people play Guardians because they get to swing a big hammer/sword and do DPS while being loved by groups. It’s the best of both worlds. If you took away the damage and forced a real heal role or real tank role on them, most Guardians would bail and go play Warrior (which is the other “swing big weapon” alternative and equally as popular as Guardian).

Tanks and healers are scarce in other games. All of a sudden the most popular class in the healerless and tankless game is because people like to tank and heal? I think not.

in Guardian

Bash.7291

It’s still not a healing build. Support, sure…but what Guardian build isn’t support?

I’m pretty sure most people play Guardians because they get to swing a big hammer/sword and do DPS while being loved by groups. It’s the best of both worlds. If you took away the damage and forced a real heal role or real tank role on them, most Guardians would bail and go play Warrior (which is the other “swing big weapon” alternative and equally as popular as Guardian).

Tanks and healers are scarce in other games. All of a sudden the most popular class in the healerless and tankless game is because people like to tank and heal? I think not.

The answer of your first question would be my build! >.>

I think alot of people are drawn to the class also because of the paladin/magical warrior concept. Always been a fan of those styles of character which is what drew me to the character, just like the paladin in WoW (ran ret, didnt tank/heal) And almost any dark knight class in other RPGs.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Alarox.4590

When people think “support” they think healing. Like I said, a big part of it is people’s stupidity; thinking support = healing is an extension of that.

1.) Tanks/Healers make up at the very least 25% of the populations of most MMOs. If they come to GW2, what profession do you think they’ll look at first?

2.) All I did was give 3 reasons why people use AH builds. I never said how much of the Guardian population each makes up. Guardians could be 99% the third reason and 1% the other two, and I still wouldn’t be wrong.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Guardian

Alarox.4590

I think alot of people are drawn to the class also because of the paladin/magical warrior concept. Always been a fan of those styles of character which is what drew me to the character, just like the paladin in WoW (ran ret, didnt tank/heal) And almost any dark knight class in other RPGs.

I’m in it for the magic infused melee brawler concept.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

that’s the thing.. when people say support what does it mean? it has a very different meaning in each game. and in gw2 support most definitely = / = strictly healing.

that being said, a lot of Guardian builds out there can be “non-support”, i.e. most utilities and moves only benefit the user himself. but even being able to help take out enemies can count as support, no? and Guardians, usually with their “tankiness”, they are able to do so, protect allies and eassier res them when downed. least from my perspective.

@Alarox – i chose Guardian for a similar reason. and spirit weapons when they were first introduced.. but let’s not go there. : //

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

1.) Tanks/Healers make up at the very least 25% of the populations of most MMOs. If they come to GW2, what profession do you think they’ll look at first?

I think you slightly overestimate the number of tanks/healers in other games. Consider that a 25 man raid in WoW takes 2 tanks and 5 healers (28% of the raid), but there is a very long queue for DPS because of the shortage of healers.

Keep in mind that GW2 is supposed to be tank and healer-free. I expect many of the tanks and healers in other games aren’t even trying GW2 or created a character with the understanding that they won’t be tanking or healing. And they’d be correct to do so.

There are other options for healer/tank wannabe’s, like elementalist, and that class certainly isn’t flooded with players.

2.) All I did was give 3 reasons why people use AH builds. I never said how much of the Guardian population each makes up. Guardians could be 99% the third reason and 1% the other two, and I still wouldn’t be wrong.

If your reasons have no likelihood attached to them they are worthless. I can give you 100 random reasons and be “correct”.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Ah, the joys of not running dungeons

I predicted this was going to be a problem, but I hoped it wouldn’t.
You could explain that you offer tons of support without actually healing (and remind them that Protection is the best boon if you don’t want to die). You could also tell them that no matter how much you try, you’re not going to properly heal, because that’s not how the game works.

If that doesn’t work yell at them because they suck at tanking :-)

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I would have asked, “Is your dodge bar full?”

I think we know what the answer is.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

i was playing fractal 10 daily (AH build shouts) with 4 elementalist’s week ago and we died a lot i mean A LOT and i typed “can 2 of you sometime use heal because we need heals(i meant for 2 staff eles to heal” and they both answered, why should i heal i dont know to heal, so i changed my glyphs to monk build and i survived in 90% time
there are lots of nabs there but i always help out with my heals and i am changing my secondary weapons a lot to staff, scepter /focus etc, but when i see ppl like this 4 elementalist just change to my survival build and play on my own.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

I do belive that guardians should atleast focus on one support boon in theyr build, but yeah expecting all guardians to go for heals is stupid, when infact stuff like protection, retaliation, stability and regen has a far bigger impact on the chance of sucsess.

The only player in the group a guardian can actually reliably heal up is himself, if we use our f2 ability we give up one of our own main heals, and fact is we have to be in the mobs face so no one needs it as much as us.

Personally I always run with hammer and larger symbols, and have luckily never been asked to waste my f2 heal on teammates.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Ok yes, guardian can technically heal others.

Why should i waste my own surviviability on others, when usually after spamming my virtues, i end up dying since i mis-timed a heal.

Everyone always expects me to buff them but really I need my heals for myself otherwise im not tanky.

What do you say to people who ask your guardian for heals constantly?

Bet it’s the same people who praise the NO HOLLY TRINITY thing.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Keep in mind that GW2 is supposed to be tank and healer-free. I expect many of the tanks and healers in other games aren’t even trying GW2 or created a character with the understanding that they won’t be tanking or healing. And they’d be correct to do so.

There are other options for healer/tank wannabe’s, like elementalist, and that class certainly isn’t flooded with players.

There aren’t “pure” tanks or healers in this game, but certain combinations of skills, stats, and weapons synergize well to give you the effect of being a tank or healer in one.

Like, I’m a Support guardian (aka bunker) and I have +1400 healing, 16.2k HP, and 3300 armor.

I can’t “tank” by just standing there and using abilities like in other MMOs. I can “tank” because of my high toughness and when I use my mace symbols and other skills it pours so much healing on myself that I can out heal the incoming damage. I can’t be a “healer” because my heals are so short ranged and they have cooldowns.

Basically you become a jack of all, master of none when you go Support, but you give more to your team than a pure DPS, but you aren’t forced into it.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Rayya sounds like that warrior / thief screaming “HHHHEEEEAALLL MEEEEEEE, I”M DPS!!!!!"

lawl.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I think alot of people are drawn to the class also because of the paladin/magical warrior concept.

This is closer to the reason why I chose an alt guardian.

My ranger does a decent enough greatsword, so the big sword thing wasn’t the draw. I wanted to try a more melee oriented class that had something else besides mindless auto-attacking.

My usual class preferences are stealthy ranged classes, so a guardian was a big departure for me.

Oh, and I really do not like the goody paladin-type class, and seems to be what was intended with the guardian in gw2. I prefer the fallen knight image much more, so I use the Bandit skins on most of my weapons to add the effect. Tying to find a heavy armour set to match the theme, but not much luck …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Guardian

Blueshield.6291

Oh, and I really do not like the goody paladin-type class, and seems to be what was intended with the guardian in gw2. I prefer the fallen knight image much more, so I use the Bandit skins on most of my weapons to add the effect. Tying to find a heavy armour set to match the theme, but not much luck …

If I may, I’d recommend a hybridization of multiple sets. Honor of the Waves shoulders and arms, Sorrow’s Embrace legs and boots, a chestpiece from either Caudacus’s Manor or Honor of the Waves, and the karma helm available throughout Orr. This gives you a heavy plated, rough-and-tumble look, with a horned fullhelm to accentuate the “fallen” image. Not sure if that’s exactly what you’re going for, though.

Anyway, the point is that for that kind of appearance you’ll have to be somewhat creative – mix and match pieces from multiple sets. Lion Guard armor (attainable for karma in some 40-60 zones) is also a good option for a generally heavy-plated appearance, especially the chestpiece and leggings.

in Guardian

Bash.7291

I think alot of people are drawn to the class also because of the paladin/magical warrior concept.

This is closer to the reason why I chose an alt guardian.

My ranger does a decent enough greatsword, so the big sword thing wasn’t the draw. I wanted to try a more melee oriented class that had something else besides mindless auto-attacking.

My usual class preferences are stealthy ranged classes, so a guardian was a big departure for me.

I use the orr karma shoulders/gloves/boots along with the koda leggings and draconic chest on mine. Mostly in midnight green(as close to black that I have) and a dark blue for the legs. Gives a very good dark knight impression in my opinion. Also use molten sword and the flame legion GS skin also gives it a darker feel.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yup, I figured a mix and match would be necessary, read that when you do this there are problems with clipping and the like…

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Guardian

Blueshield.6291

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yup, I figured a mix and match would be necessary, read that when you do this there are problems with clipping and the like…

Sure thing.

Clipping does happen sometimes, but it’s really not often an issue with armor in my experience. The only time I’ve seen noticeable clipping was when combining Lionguard chest and leggings with gauntlets and boots from another set – the under-layers on Lionguard being very bulky, and my other choice of armor being fairly slim and sleek.

Anyway, it’s pretty easy to find mix-match combinations that don’t clip.

in Guardian

Posted by: BOXHOUND.4835

BOXHOUND.4835

I think you slightly overestimate the number of tanks/healers in other games. Consider that a 25 man raid in WoW takes 2 tanks and 5 healers (28% of the raid), but there is a very long queue for DPS because of the shortage of healers.

That’s pretty worthless reasoning on guessing a tank/healer number as well though. DPS queue timers for dungeons/raids don’t directly reflect the actual number of players that like to tank and heal relative to DPS in the game, simply the number that are willing to tank/heal for a pug run. It’s pretty common accepted that the issue in lowering queue timers for DPS is less one of convincing people to roll a tank or healer but more so convcing the existing tanks and healers to queue as such despite the extra responsibility (perceived or real) compared to a DPS player in a pug.

in Guardian

Alarox.4590

That’s pretty worthless reasoning on guessing a tank/healer number as well though. DPS queue timers for dungeons/raids don’t directly reflect the actual number of players that like to tank and heal relative to DPS in the game, simply the number that are willing to tank/heal for a pug run. It’s pretty common accepted that the issue in lowering queue timers for DPS is less one of convincing people to roll a tank or healer but more so convcing the existing tanks and healers to queue as such despite the extra responsibility (perceived or real) compared to a DPS player in a pug.

In addition, there are so many DPS that you’re bound to find some that have the appropriate gear/experience/DPS and are the appropriate classes. For tanks/healers, you not only have to find them, but you also have to find the ones that can effectively run the dungeon/raid. You also have to find ones that want to run it and have time, which is also not much of a limiter for DPS in most traditional MMOs. This can make a small population seem even smaller.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

Glass cannons needs to learn that this is not WoW, where you are either DPS, tank or healer. Everyone can heal themselves, everyone got defensive abilities and everyone got the potential of surviving by themselves, even if they got glass cannon.

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

in Guardian

Posted by: BioMasterZap.4350

BioMasterZap.4350

I have yet to have anyone request this of my guardian. Then again, he only ran AC for a few days and got level 80 and I haven’t been on GW2 since XD If they did ask me to try and heal a bit more, I wouldn’t be too offended and swap a couple utility around. After all, I did design my guardian with team support in mind.
But it is unreasonable for people to expect every guardian to be a monk for them. Also a bit ironic because no one ever asked my Elementalist to heal them; and while eles don’t have any healing as amazing as Tome of Courage, they can do a good job if they are focused on it (though my ele is a berserker…). So I guess it is mostly a profession stereotype.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

I’m the exact opposite. If someone, guardian or not, enters a dungeon im in, and says there “full support” or “healing” i cringe. I have a heal. I do fine without a “healer”. What i dont need is someone poorly healing the group by topping them off when they dont need it. While unable to heal through burst when they would need it. I would rather have someone just hit the mob hard, and drop it faster. Requiring me to push 6 less. Dont stack my might, i can do that. Dont heal me, i can do that. Kill stuff.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

You can, doesn’t mean the others are just as able. If I’m capable of maintaining a 25 stack of might with 60% boon duration and healing with Battle Presense and dodge rolling for 1500 a heal so the group can focus more on DPS, why not? It’s how I want to play the kitten class.

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Hahaha there is so many pugs giving rubbish comments in here.

Hi JJBigs.8456, my advise to you, play however you like, ignore newbies that keeps asking for a heal, let them be. Many people still do not understand that the concept of tanker and healer is a VOID in GW2.

HAhahaha try fractal lvl 40, if these people still ask for heals, there can gtfo L O L

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

A player who is evasive and skilled enough needs no heals. Seriously, any player’s mindset when entering a dungeon should be, first and foremost, to take care of themselves.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Guardian

Posted by: Illiander.8049

Illiander.8049

If I ever heard that I’d tell them that the best party-healers in GW2 are Warriors and Elementalists.

I’m the exact opposite. If someone, guardian or not, enters a dungeon im in, and says there “full support” or “healing” i cringe. I have a heal. I do fine without a “healer”. What i dont need is someone poorly healing the group by topping them off when they dont need it. While unable to heal through burst when they would need it. I would rather have someone just hit the mob hard, and drop it faster. Requiring me to push 6 less. Dont stack my might, i can do that. Dont heal me, i can do that. Kill stuff.

I have a guildie who runs a “Support” Elementalist. Respectable DPS for a non-zerker build, and he maintains something like 25 stacks of Might, close to permenant Protection, some Vunerability, some healing, and probably a few more things that I haven’t noticed, all across the entire party. He is also a better tank than my DPS Guardian. (Admittadly, a lot of this is player skill, combined with the high skill cap of the Ele) Anything less than that I consider a hybrid support build, and expect more damage.

Playing on Gentoo.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

If I ever heard that I’d tell them that the best party-healers in GW2 are Warriors and Elementalists.

You’d be wrong. Warriors aren’t even close to better healers than Guardians.

I have a guildie who runs a “Support” Elementalist. Respectable DPS for a non-zerker build, and he maintains something like 25 stacks of Might,

No.

close to permenant Protection

Not on the entire party.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

A player who is evasive and skilled enough needs no heals.

Sadly this is true which is why anything but berserker gear is pointless for the vast majority of and maybe even all content. That’s bad game design.