To Fix DH I would...

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

BW1 is over. Big conclusion: Dragon Hunter s-u-c-k-s in both PvE and PvP. Some ideas to fix this abomination:

• Traps are Symbols: This will finally bring some synergy to traps with other Guardian traits and weapons. Also Symbol of energy (LB #4) is now… a Symbol.
  • Increased attack speed while using Longbow: Pretty much like the Lead the Wind Trait from Rangers. Have in mind DH don’t have Opening Strike and Pets so I would suggest 15% increased attack speed if traited in Grandmaster.
  • Deflecting Shot: This skill has potential but it should be fired at enemies and not targeted. It could move slower to increase its effectiveness.
  • Hunter’s Ward: Reduce the cooldown 60 seconds is way too much. Ranger’s Barrage (pretty much the same) has a 30 second cooldown.
  • Traps Trait: A Major Adept trait pretty much like Ranger’s Trapper’s Expertise that increases condition and boon duration when caused by traps also makes traps ground targeted. Remove Piercing Light.
  • Dragon’s Maw: The trap also grants Quickness to nearby allies for 3 seconds upon activation.
  • Virtues: Don’t know where to start… Well, effects are instant cast, Wings of Resolve should be a stun break. Spear of Justice (when traited with Big Game Hunter) should apply Taunt (yay Taunt for Guardians!).
  • Hunter’s Fortification: Remove this, rework it, rethink it, go take a bubble bath with candles and wine. Don’t think there’s a more useless Grandmaster trait in the whole game.

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

first of all hunters ward was 50s right? and its definitely not the same as rangers barrage.

but yeah virtue not instant cast makes them completley useless.

gerdian

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Traps are symbols? I like it!

Now mention some run speed and I will cheer with glossy eyes!

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Fix bow and the “no line of sight”-issue when trying to use skills, that was terrible

9 Guardians later…

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Bow auto attack needs just faster projectiles . Should not need to be a trait needs to be default.

Reflecting shot should remain a skill shot, but do just a little extra damage.

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Keep Virtues as they are.

Add new F4, passive is weaker swiftness, active is the wings of the turkey leap that triggers fields and gives swiftness when land.

Spear of Justice replaces Deflecting Shot.

Traps removed, we receive a set of skills that are actually useful.

Shield of Courage is worked into one of those new skills.

At least that’s what i would do to make the Dragon Hunter viable… one can dream.

To Fix DH I would...

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Keep Virtues as they are.

Add new F4, passive is weaker swiftness, active is the wings of the turkey leap that triggers fields and gives swiftness when land.

Spear of Justice replaces Deflecting Shot.

Traps removed, we receive a set of skills that are actually useful.

Shield of Courage is worked into one of those new skills.

At least that’s what i would do to make the Dragon Hunter viable… one can dream.

What you should do instead of dreaming is wait for the next round of Especs. Because exactly none of that is gonna happen.

Maybe they’ll pick a theme you like next time.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.