Tome idea/suggestion

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Can we have the option to stow tomes for a shorter cooldown?

For example, tome of courage is 90sec cooldown if you use up all your pages. But if you stow it before you use up all your pages, you instead get a 60sec base cooldown.

I think this kind of mechanic mirrors the mantra mechanic and is a good way to promote smart and situational use of tomes rather than spamming pages. You get two options: you can use up all your pages if you are under pressure, but get a bigger cd as the downside. But if you only need to use a chapter a few times, you can stow the tome and get a lower cd rather than feeling like you have to use up all your pages even though you don’t need them.

Another concern is how to handle pages when you stow. One option is to reset pages like what happens when tomes go on full cooldown. But if this is considered overpowered, pages can have a refresh timer like charges on mantras do.

This suggestion is for all tomes, not just courage.

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Why not add in 5 charges per Tome, if you use all of them the tome go on full cd. If not they recover charges over time and allow for instant swaping and no cd on swapping.

It would make tomes so much more interesting.

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Why not add in 5 charges per Tome, if you use all of them the tome go on full cd. If not they recover charges over time and allow for instant swaping and no cd on swapping.

Every suggestion is better than we have now, but knowing anet there will be 5 sec cd reduction buff on all tomes, and 1% heal buff to f2 and dont forget some minor signet buff

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Every suggestion is better than we have now, but knowing anet there will be 5 sec cd reduction buff on all tomes, and 1% heal buff to f2 and dont forget some minor signet buff

Hope is the last thing that deserts me…. :-)

I just want to come back to my guardian, i just cant stop hoping…. But it is a bit gloomy atm.

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: leasm.1279

leasm.1279

First time I heard of this new mechanics I thought: ok, pages will regenerate overtime and will be shared across tomes. This way I have to choose if I want to spend the pages offensivelly, defensively, or support.

But then after trying the beta it was like: what?? Tomes have cooldowns, with skills also having cooldows, and also pages not being shared?

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Actually i would be delighted if cooldowns would be calculated trough this formula..

Cooldown = max coolldown * pages left/ max pages

This would make for much better gameplay witouth any real huge ballance issues… i.e. It would not force you to use all pages for optimal gameplay… but would add a gamplay decision.. should i use all my chapters, or only use the 2 i need most and then move on..

So for example with the cooldown reduction and the 3 extra pages, this would mean you could use 3 healing chapters from tome of resolve and have the tome in resolve available after 30 *3/8 = aprox 11 seconds

Now this makes a real support class much much more viable…

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Actually i would be delighted if cooldowns would be calculated trough this formula..

Should be ‘pages used’ rather than ‘pages left’. The way you have it, it would benefit the most to use all but one page, then exit the tome for an enormous cd reduction.

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

This would make for much better gameplay witouth any real huge ballance issues… i.e. It would not force you to use all pages for optimal gameplay… but would add a gamplay decision.. should i use all my chapters, or only use the 2 i need most and then move on..

So for example with the cooldown reduction and the 3 extra pages, this would mean you could use 3 healing chapters from tome of resolve and have the tome in resolve available after 30 *3/8 = aprox 11 seconds

Now this makes a real support class much much more viable…

The cooldown reduction trait doesn’t affect Tomes, it affects the 1-5 skills inside the tomes. The tome themselves are “Virtue” skills (not “Tome” skills) and their cd is only reduced by the Virtue minor trait (-15% cd).

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Should be ‘pages used’ rather than ‘pages left’. The way you have it, it would benefit the most to use all but one page, then exit the tome for an enormous cd reduction.

I like these suggestion. If you only use one page in a tome, the cooldown is severely reduced which rewards you for choosing your skills carefully rather than spamming.

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

I like these suggestion. If you only use one page in a tome, the cooldown is severely reduced which rewards you for choosing your skills carefully rather than spamming.

This is what i had in mind when i came up with this system…. It does not give to much of an adventage… but it takes the gameplay to another level…. I hate mindlessly spamming skills witouth tought…

Offcourse you are right, my typo.. lesson learned… never do things in a hurry… but it seems you understood what i meant, so not much harm done, i guess.

Tome idea/suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

Unfortunately this needs to be altered slightly, as that equation would allow one to go in and out of tomes without cooldown if you use no pages, thus endlessly proccing the virtue trait line boon-on-virtue traits. There would simply need to be a base cooldown of 10sec added to that, for example.