Tome without Virtues

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

as you see in the picture, i dont have any of the virtues while using Tome of Wrath….. WHYYYYY

Attachments:

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

You are just now figuring that out…. This is one of the many reasons Tomes are and will continue to be useless skills. Any time you equip a Tome it handicaps you.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Aren’t useless at all, just apparently too difficult for most people to use effectively. They handicap the user just about as much as any other transform skill does.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Aren’t useless at all, just apparently too difficult for most people to use effectively. They handicap the user just about as much as any other transform skill does.

no every other transform garants stability so you dont get ccd to death when your utilities are gone, but tomes you have to trait for a mediocre 1 stack/3 secs. not to mention that the reason why guardians have 11k hp is because of virtues and blocks which are unavailable while using the tomes.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

I did forget to mention that using Tome of Wrath is a huge dps loss as well. Its not about using them effectively, they are simply terrible. And to even make the mediocre you have to waste traits for them, unlike other transforms.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I did forget to mention that using Tome of Wrath is a huge dps loss as well. Its not about using them effectively, they are simply terrible. And to even make the mediocre you have to waste traits for them, unlike other transforms.

This ^.

I have been saying since launch that they should be redesigned more akin to the elementalist “Conjure Fiery Greatsword” skill.

In that they only replace your weapon skills (utilities/heal can still be used) have a decent up time vs their CD and while they are more powerful then most weapons they are not insanely powerful.

That & that Tome of Wrath should have the burn it applies dropped to 1 second in exchange for doing allot more direct damage.

If they did that then they would be worth using.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

we should upvote this thread so the devs will notice it
we want 2 things
1.Virtues to be avalible while using a Tome elite skill
2.Increase Tome of Wrath skills dmg by 35%(that way a crit of 5k zerk in a big aoe would be an effective skill)

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I vote to make the tomes a “kit”, where the tome itself has no cooldown and does not remove your utility/profession skills, and it just has high cooldown 1-5 abilities that are really strong.

It’d be like 5 elites in 1 skill. That’d be pretty neat, I think.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I vote to make the tomes a “kit”, where the tome itself has no cooldown and does not remove your utility/profession skills, and it just has high cooldown 1-5 abilities that are really strong.

That would be intruding on engineer a bit too much if you ask me & since guardians do have weapon swap it would be a bit too much.

Most of us would settle for making them of comparable power & usefulness to other elites in game without having to spec into them.

As is there is no reason to run tome of wrath because its a damage loss & even if it weren’t because they don’t give stability you end up making yourself a big target.

So aside from the damage increase TOW needs they either need to give stability at base as all transformations do or be considered a summonable skill kit that only replaces your 1-5 skills.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

That would be intruding on engineer a bit too much if you ask me & since guardians do have weapon swap it would be a bit too much.

Most of us would settle for making them of comparable power & usefulness to other elites in game without having to spec into them.

As is there is no reason to run tome of wrath because its a damage loss & even if it weren’t because they don’t give stability you end up making yourself a big target.

So aside from the damage increase TOW needs they either need to give stability at base as all transformations do or be considered a summonable skill kit that only replaces your 1-5 skills.

I don’t really think I agree, honestly. It wouldn’t be a replacement for your weapon skills because all of the cooldowns would be very high to compensate. It would just make the tome less of an all-or-nothing “you have 20 seconds to use all of these skills” weapon.

Tome without Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Would it? I mean you could argue that pulling it out and it only taking weapon skills would intrude on Elementalists with the same logic.

It would make thematic sense in that it’s a book, why can’t I take it back out any time?

If they did the kit thing at least it’d have uses for some of the better skills. IE pull it out drop quickness, or pull it out for the bigger heal. (Though I imagine they might want to increase the reuse on some things)

If they did the change to have it just the weapon then it’d actually feel worthwhile in some cases.

As it is now they just don’t have much purpose, some niche uses, but not something that would get regularly used at all.