Top 50 [SOAC] Stunningstyles Tpvp Build/Video

in Guardian

Posted by: stunningstyles.7054

stunningstyles.7054

Hi, my name is Stunningstyles. A lot of people saw my past videos and were wondering what I run in Tpvp so I decided to make a video showing it off. Leave a Like and subscribe if u enjoyed! Any questions just post em up :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4b-zaMCJo

in Guardian

Posted by: Solaris.9210

Solaris.9210

How do you damage with a 21% crit rate?

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

The power of 10 radiance and might stacks :P

in Guardian

Solaris.9210

When do you swap weapons to staff? Like in what situations and for what reasons. Do you ever use Empower (staff) at start of fight? Also doesn’t the power of 10 radiance only work when there is a burn on you or if you use torch?

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Also doesn’t the power of 10 radiance only work when there is a burn on you or if you use torch?

I’m not the OP, but I think I can answer this question for you. Inner Fire gives you 3 seconds of Fury every time an enemy inflicts burning on you, but not when you ignite yourself with Zealot’s Flame on the Torch (it’s definitely confusing, and people have been making this mistake since beta). However, there’s no internal cooldown on Inner Fire, and with the buff to Necromancers, there’s more burning in the meta now than ever. Most Necros, Eles, Rangers, Engis, and other Guardians are more than happy to set you on fire relatively often during a fight, and so are Staff Mesmers and Longbow Warriors. Thieves are the only ones who don’t really inflict any burning in their builds.

Inner Fire seems like an iffy choice at first glance because it feels situational, but the truth is that it’s actually a fairly reasonable anti-meta choice at the moment for Guardians who want to do some damage. Fury is something that’s hard to come by for us, especially in S/TPvP, and being able to stack it from frequent burns can really punish our opponents.

Anyways, very nice build and video, OP! Looking forward to trying this out myself.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

exactly what this guy said ^^ :P and yea im on NA and ill duel anytime just add! thanks for watching also make sure u like

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

How’s your luck against bunker guardians? Honest question.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

I haven’t lost against another guardian with this build before

in Guardian

Solaris.9210

Which class do you have the hardest time with? Mesmers? And what are they, bunker or dps?

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

I have the most problems with necromancers and engies and spirit rangers

in Guardian

Solaris.9210

when do you use cleric/knight amulet?

in Guardian

Posted by: kenzuro.1073

kenzuro.1073

kitten good plays here, but I have to ask, why the clicking? I believe if you use your keys(shortcuts) you can reach another skill level my man.

Asiimar
Guardian of The Acolytes
www.acolytesgamingcommunity.com

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

I only run soldier/zerker amulet but I tested out the other amulets just recently and noticed they work just as well so im still trying to figure out whats the best situation to use those amulets. I been clicking for a while so its just bad habit :P

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

How often do you play? I’m not sure how long I’ll be out of commission, and I almost never do sPvP (I’m like rank 13), but I’d be really interested in dueling you with this build.

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

How often do you play? I’m not sure how long I’ll be out of commission, and I almost never do sPvP (I’m like rank 13), but I’d be really interested in dueling you with this build.

I would like to see this, always interested in watching some duels. Wish there was a better format for it. I know the games not about duels but I find watching good 1v1s far more entertaining than team matches.

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

I would like to see this, always interested in watching some duels. Wish there was a better format for it. I know the games not about duels but I find watching good 1v1s far more entertaining than team matches.

I’m a WvW/SC2/AoE2 player, so I have a certain soft spot for strategic group play. Duels are certainly a nice change of pace though.

in Guardian

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

good stuff, and no fairy wand so its all good.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

Yea im all down for duels bro just add my ign :P I play a decent amount but I still have college classes and such that hinder me from playing too much hah im also in Mistleague so you can find me on stream with SOAC sometimes to

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

:DD would you guys mind letting us know when the duels may be if we can catch it? would love to catch it in person. ; ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

:DD would you guys mind letting us know when the duels may be if we can catch it? would love to catch it in person. ; ))

Based on some of your posts I didn’t think you were into duels.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

Yea im all down for duels anytime im on… also this build if played right is even better than bunker guards

in Guardian

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

thanks for the duel stunning.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

yea no prob :P also guys notice this build is great for the meta right now cuz it has every grp condi removal except pure of voice

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I like the idea of using the sigil of battle instead of energy since your build doesn’t carry the dodge => heal. I don’t like copying builds so I won’t use it but looks pretty solid. Good 1v1 with an extra added feature of having superb team support with staff buff. Has anyone effectively tried to stop you from using empower though? It seems like most of the fights no one really bothered to snipe your empower which does give you a fighting edge for like at least 10s.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Guardian

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I think this just goes to show that the skill of the player matters more then the build (as long as its not something totally out of whack) and Stunning is very good. Not that the build isn’t a good one, because it is staff and GS combo is totally underated, but a lot of people are under the impression you have to play straight up bunker or some kind of meditation healing burst spec to be successful as a Guardian at tpvp which is just not the case. Inner Fire is a great trait for tpvp and provides loads of extra damage.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

@Arc Yea the people that know the effectiveness of 12 might stacks to a team in a team fight try to stop it but most don’t hah if u can get empower/virtue off that’s grp 15 might stack….that comboed with everyone blasting combo finishers I easily get my team 25 might stacks…the build also is anti-meta with all the condi teams

in Guardian

akamon.2769

Based on some of your posts I didn’t think you were into duels.

oh? how so?
just curious. i guess to a certain extent since i don’t actively seek them out but i certainly don’t mind.

p.s. @ stunning – you’ve given me a goal. to be able to hold my own in 1v1’s using staff. haha, i think i sort of put myself in a hole though because i hate getting stuck with staff while in WvW when it’s only against 1 or 2 foes. ; ))) you defs proved me wrong that staff can be good in duels!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

Brings a tear to my eye. I remember when I first made a GS/Staff build. Dudes here hated on it. And people hated on a clicker well yea….suck it on both counts lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Brings a tear to my eye. I remember when I first made a GS/Staff build. Dudes here hated on it. And people hated on a clicker well yea….suck it on both counts lol.

Clicking utilities and weapon skills is still not good. That is not to say that someone who clicks is a bad player. It is however very true that they would be better if they stopped clicking and used keybinds.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Guardian

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

Clicking utilities and weapon skills is still not good. That is not to say that someone who clicks is a bad player. It is however very true that they would be better if they stopped clicking and used keybinds.

There isn’t an actual guarantee that if a person went from clicking to keybinding he/she would improve upon his/her skill. In fact, there isn’t really a guarantee that said person would even be able to maintain the same skill level. So, while it may seem optimal for one person, it could very well be sub-optimal for another.

Stunningstyles has video proof that he can hang with the big dogs using a combination of keybinding and clicking.

The game even supports his clicking thanks to skill buffering. So, even if he did only use keybinding, the speed increase in keystrokes wouldn’t be as noticeable.

Those most likely benefit Styles would get from stopping clicking, would be reduced stress on the wrist and forearm. Even then, that isn’t guaranteed either.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

in Guardian

Oozo.7856

There isn’t an actual guarantee that if a person went from clicking to keybinding he/she would improve upon his/her skill. In fact, there isn’t really a guarantee that said person would even be able to maintain the same skill level. So, while it may seem optimal for one person, it could very well be sub-optimal for another.

Stunningstyles has video proof that he can hang with the big dogs using a combination of keybinding and clicking.

The game even supports his clicking thanks to skill buffering. So, even if he did only use keybinding, the speed increase in keystrokes wouldn’t be as noticeable.

Those most likely benefit Styles would get from stopping clicking, would be reduced stress on the wrist and forearm. Even then, that isn’t guaranteed either.

Who is going to be able to react faster and use an instant ability to counter a key enemy move?

Answer: Not the person clicking abilities.

It’s not about skill rotations and queueing. It’s about reacting with abilities that ignore those things. And, I’m going to disagree with one of the posters above with respect to builds and skill. What build you are using in GW2 is far more important than any other MMO PvP game that I can think of.

Again, that’s not to say that the OP is bad. He’s incredibly good for someone clicking not only utilities but weapon skills. Much better than I would be doing the same for sure. But don’t fool yourself or mislead people. He would be even better if he had full binds.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

Well I agree and disagree with switching to keybinds in THIS game. In this game, it is easy to tell what the opponent is about to do. So having that knowledge, it doesn’t matter whether u click or push because your reaction is still the same because u know what going to happen. I pretty much studied every single class and know all there moves so whether I click or push its still within the same small time frame. Truly I think its different depending on the person. Some are better with mouse…some are better with keyboard. I think u mean to say IN THEORY, pushing buttons is faster because it hasn’t been proven tbh.

in Guardian

Oozo.7856

Just as an example. Across multiple games, I typically bind my instant stunbreakers or interrupts on a side mouse button. My thumb is always over these buttons. There is absolutely no way I would be able to move my mouse pointer to use these abilities faster than I can hit them with my thumb which is always in position to hit them when I need them.

To put it another way: You are doing incredibly well for working with such a self-imposed handicap.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Guardian

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Just a little bit of advice on the build:
I would change out the Sigils of Battle for Sigils of Force,. The 5% modifier from force comes after all of your might stacks have been added on, and is multiplicative.
What I mean, in math:
Assuming 2000 power, a Sigil of Battle adds 3 stacks of might – bringing the power total up to 2105. If you factor in your Virtue of Justice for another 3 stacks then your power total comes to 2210.
Now with a Sigil of Force, you have a flat multiplier of 1.05 applied to your power rating; be it buffed with however many might stacks you have. Your 2105 power from Virtue of Justice then becomes 2210.25. (The sigils are equal if you have three or less stacks of might, but the minute you get more than that the Sigil of Force becomes obscenely powerful.)
Factoring in Empower and VoJ, you would have 2525 power, then modified by 1.05; bringing the total up to 2651.25.

Also, by not detonating Orb of Light from the staff, you can spam it once every three seconds.

(edited by ExpiredLifetime.1083)

in Guardian

Silentstorm.7531

Doesn’t mean it’s better for said person. People need to stop imprinting “Personal Belief” On every gamer. I know guys and reported on guys solely clickers. Who rip apart anyone in the game they play. You bring the gamer and the skill not the opinions. Because in the end all that matters is whose on the ground, and whose still standing.

I do both click and hot key. And warp my controls to my liking. Because it’s “ME” playing and no one else. Also consider the fact maybe the person doesn’t want to be all keyboard anyway. Some people like myself prefer to feel of more control. People may say keyboard is faster.

But scientist already proved it’s not the keyboard. It’s the habit behind the keyboard. That make people think it’s easy mode. And you can brand in that habit to anything. And be just as fast it’s up to you. No such thing as one thing being faster when it comes to the human brain. You can train yourself to be just as fast with any tool.

Which is why a person clicking can exceed or better a keyboard player. It comes down to who is better trained in said tool. Not that tool itself.

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

There is a level of accuracy and timeliness that having a single press keybind can bring as opposed to mouse clicking those same skills.

There are fractions of a second in moving the mouse to the button on the screen that delay the activation of said skill, as opposed to a short and swift press of a keyboard or mouse button without having to move the hand or arm, but simply the finger.

Add to that, losing where the cursor is and having to struggle for a second to orient yourself. Another added barrier.

Now to step back a second. If the skill activations are delayed by a previous animation, in game skill queue, or even latency, then no matter how fast I press the buttons my personal reaction time is bottle necked by the game.

With that said, slower in game functions create a larger window for more varried reaction times.

Not everyone can and needs to act as swift an accurate as a precision machine.

Also factor in if your keybinds become so complicated they hinder fluid movement. In that case, you would be better off just mouse clicking if it became that extreme.

There is no “in theory” or “personal belief”. It is faster and takes less effort to move a single finger than it does to move a whole hand or arm.

This harkens back to the idea that console control gamers can react as fast as mouse and keyboard gamers.

There is a level of expertise and muscle memory, but you are still hindered by the sensitivity of the turn rate. The mouse moves much more fluidly and accurately than a joystick/thumbstick.

So much so, that console games often have a built in auto lock code added to give console gamers better feel and accuracy, versus the same exact game ported to the computer.

Now then, what keybinds or wasd, esdf, strafe or keyboard turn, or what ever else is “best”? That keeps going on to another debate. as far as the strafe versus keyboard turn, I have mouse look and toggle strafe (right mouse) that answers that for me, so I use both with the same keys.

My hindrance in my game play is I use shift states to use utilities. If I were to use a straight keybind, my reaction time and fluidity would be slightly better. Am I compelled to change? No, not right now, but I have made a few tweeks here and there and I constantly look for ways to improve…within my comfort level.

Regardless, stunningstyles has shown that he can mouse click with the best of them and even own some keybinders no matter how he plays, so congrats and good job man.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Still getting kitten for that clicking eh Stunning, brings me back.

~Aynkou

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I tend to do both aswell depending on my build. I guess my issue is that I’m always switching utilities, so it’s hard to train myself to keypress the correct skill in the spur of the moment ( although I try and keep the same slot allocations for my favourites ).

When I’m running with less frequently equipped utilities I need the visual cue of the mouse to make sure I hit the right skill.

I also disable auto-attack on most weapons, so my 1 key gets hammered into oblivion.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

@Expired Wow I didn’t know that..is there any official data on that stating sigil of force can out do sigil of battle when u have a decent amount of stacks?
I loled at oozo who said “self imposed handicap” haha wow harsh :P

in Guardian

Oozo.7856

@Expired Wow I didn’t know that..is there any official data on that stating sigil of force can out do sigil of battle when u have a decent amount of stacks?

A nicer way of saying it is that you are beating people with one hand tied behind your back. :P

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Here’s the maths behind damage.
You should be able to load the sum into google calculator and play with the might and the force multiplier to see the difference:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/I-can-t-get-high-enough-dmg-as-Guardian-DPS/page/2#post2358527

edit, whirling wrath comparison:

3 Stacks of Might

( 1100 * (2514 + (3*35)) * ((0.4 * 7) + (0.15 * 7)) / 2600 ) * ( 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.15 )=11134.12

vs

Sigil of Force

( 1100 * 2514 * ((0.4 * 7) + (0.15 * 7)) / 2600 ) * ( 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.15 ) * 1.05 =11222.13

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

akamon.2769

heh, take Oozo’s words as a major compliment ; ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

ahh I see lol thanks than :P and yea I will def look into changing to sigils of force instead

in Guardian

Posted by: Fanky.2801

Fanky.2801

Maybe its true you get more damage with sigil of force but i think that with sigil of battle you can also proc AH

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

really good point ^^…anyone know if that’s possible?

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Yes it is, that is what I am doing in spvp currently.

Only heals for 70ish each, and 3 procs of might with each weapon swap for 210-225ish health every 10 seconds, but the extra might is always nice.

The other option are sigils of leeching which do somewhere around 900 damage and a 900 heal each weapon swap. You will get more health out of the swap, and a small spike damage, but it wont assist the rest of the attacks you do. Kind of a toss up depending on if you want the might or not.

So 5% more damage to do more damage
3 might to have a small heal and moderate damage
or a life drain which does a small spike of damage but heals for a decent amount

I think it is worth noting that sigil of force and sigil of battle have close enough damage in them, but there is more upkeep with life if you use battle and swap a lot with AH.

If you are not using AH then go with force most likely, unless you have sustain problems, then get leeching and swap constantly.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Silentstorm.7531

Like I said at the end of the day. All that matters is whose laying on the ground. No one really cares how they got there. Just win baby and he is doing a excellent job of that.

in Guardian

CMF.5461

edit, whirling wrath comparison:

3 Stacks of Might

( 1100 * (2514 + (3*35)) * ((0.4 * 7) + (0.15 * 7)) / 2600 ) * ( 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.15 )=11134.12

vs

Sigil of Force

( 1100 * 2514 * ((0.4 * 7) + (0.15 * 7)) / 2600 ) * ( 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.15 ) * 1.05 =11222.13

Just looked more closely at the forumla and noticed you only factored in 3 stacks of might, and if you were using sigil of battle properly, you should have at least 6 stacks of might due to swapping to the other weapon with battle on it as well. (I guess you don’t HAVE to have both weapons, but thats how I use it).

So if you have two sigils of battle on each weapon it should be a 6 multiplier.

6 Stacks of Might

( 1100 * (2514 + (6*35)) * ((0.4 * 7) + (0.15 * 7)) / 2600 ) * ( 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.15 )=11580.51

vs

Sigil of Force

So 11580.51 vs 11222.13

Now, if you are in a group that has max might already, then your sigils of battle do nothing for you, and force will be better.

If you are roaming solo, then battle should do more damage as long as you maintain the weapon swaps and keep might at 6 or more stacks.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Yup, I was intending people to play around with the numbers a bit. If you take 3 stacks of Might AND a Force multiplier you can for instance see that Force becomes more effective the more stacks of might you have.

3 Stacks of Might + Sigil of Force

( 1100 * (2514 + (3*35)) * ((0.4 * 7) + (0.15 * 7)) / 2600 ) * ( 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.15 ) * 1.05 = 11690.83

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

Yea I think the build would benefit more from the healing from battle