Top 50 [SOAC] Stunningstyles Tpvp Build/Video

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Epic video except for the bow warrior one. Should have just left that out lol. It’s like video taping yourself beating someone with no arms in tennis.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Posted by: stunningstyles.7054

stunningstyles.7054

lol yea I had that or another Mesmer clip so I had to pick one :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Sarok.4369

Lord Sarok.4369

Hey Stunningsyles! Keep up the awesome work. Oh… and please please please switch your vids to mobile viewing so I can watch on the go!

TC Commander! PINK POWER!
FC Follower! GF Guardian!
Proud Asura! Guardians Forever!

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Hey Stunningsyles! Keep up the awesome work. Oh… and please please please switch your vids to mobile viewing so I can watch on the go!

2nd-ed! XDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Lord Sarok.4369

2nd-ed! XDD

Yay! My 1st 2nd cheers and applause How many achievement points is that?!

in Guardian

akamon.2769

you get 10k achievements points! where points may or may not matter XDDD

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: kimchifubo.7980

kimchifubo.7980

Definitely the best build I’ve run since beta. It’s a very aggressive build to push your enemy to constantly put them on defense and less offense. Thanks for posting up this build. I’ve always wanted to have enough dps without sacrificing too much hit points. This build is good against all classes but against thieves. I recommend using gs/sword + focus for the gap closer, blinds, and blocks. Switch out utilities to syg, judge intervention, & and signet of judgement. Due to thieves steal your boons.

(edited by kimchifubo.7980)

in Guardian

Lord Sarok.4369

Yay 10k! That is just enough to get me my 5k achieve chest… I think…

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

thanks for the support!

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I want Anet to just go ahead and release a dueling area. Seems the stomping trolls are getting more popular. Frustrating as hell, the only good thing is that they mostly suck. Easy to kill, but still annoying little things.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I’ve been playing this build a bit in spvp and imo its the best blend of tankiness and dps i’ve seen with some support elements and quite a bit of self condition cleansing thrown in on the side. Lots of fun to play.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

yea the build is really nice to carry yourself through ranked if u play it right…I also made a boss bunker build that’s better than the 0 0 10 30 30 and 0 0 30 30 10 textbook shizz…I will practice with it some more before I throw it out there

in Guardian

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Great video and nice Meditation DPS build adaptation. AH with STAFF is awesome sauce. But, beware everybody… this is not a bunker build. Don’t try to bunk with a roamer/support build, unless you want to be seen has a really bad bunker.

This build cannot hold more than 30 seconds against 3 guys that know their stuff.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Guardian

akamon.2769

looking forward to seeing your rendition of a bunker build, stunning!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

thanks for support :P yea like Jour said this build isn’t really bunker but think of it as a bruiser type build

in Guardian

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Great video and nice Meditation DPS build adaptation. AH with STAFF is awesome sauce. But, beware everybody… this is not a bunker build. Don’t try to bunk with a roamer/support build, unless you want to be seen has a really bad bunker.

This build cannot hold more than 30 seconds against 3 guys that know their stuff.

I think you could probably fudge through as a bunker if your side didnt have one in a solo q type match of true randoms versus true radoms of average skill level. People do solo q and sometimes there isn’t a perfect choice. Certainly not at higher level team versus team play though. But it definitely is a roaming type build to me and I think this will be a very nice build for true solo q pvp when it hits next tuesday.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in Guardian

Posted by: Requiem.8365

Requiem.8365

why do you use the soldiers amulet? i always thought valkyries would do better with the 15% crit dmg and also a small healing increase (i dont like vitality)

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

Well the build works with multiple amulets but its really up to personal preference.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

So in video I think you listed the build has:

10 Rad (IV)
30 Val (VI, V, and XI)
10 Hon (II)
20 Virt (II, IX)

But I’m confused (which is easy to do honestly). I am currently running:

10 Zeal (II)
30 Val (VI, IV, and XI)
30 Hon (II, VIII, and XI)

Armor I’m using is a mix of Soliders and Berserker with all exotic accessories and Citadel runes. It does a lot of DPS when you hit (it is a learning thing honestly for me) but I am finding solo play with it a bit more difficult (not a bad thing) compared to my healing set up in clerics. So figured I’d ask what does the trait line up you list out provide? I’m missing something I think because when I switch out traits DPS falls off the face of the earth on the buildcraft tool.

I’m toying with trying to mix a overall build with decent +healing and armor of 3000 yet able to kill someone solo. Exotics only make it rather interesting but I have a full set of Knights and Clerics to pull from with 3 soldiers/invaders and 3 berserker

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

Yes this I def NOT a wvw build…if u wanna see my wvw build checkout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6eZ8md6Ig&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTR1RaHwL3UEx4DB6SzoiBQ...the tpvp build doesn’t really work in wvw because it doesn’t take advantage of the opportunity for mixed gear..in tpvp the stats u can get are very limited so it is based off those limited stats

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Yes this I def NOT a wvw build…if u wanna see my wvw build checkout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6eZ8md6Ig&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTR1RaHwL3UEx4DB6SzoiBQ...the tpvp build doesn’t really work in wvw because it doesn’t take advantage of the opportunity for mixed gear..in tpvp the stats u can get are very limited so it is based off those limited stats

I wanted to know how you are handling the warrior skull crack builds that are so popular. I’ve tried a variety of different setups, and different runes but I honestly can’t seem to beat them. I really thought it was just a l2p issue on my part. So like everything when I can’t beat it I decided to actually play it and figure out it’s weakness. The problem is that the only weakness it seems to have is really high amounts of CC, which we currently don’t have. Actually I’ve so far done around 60 duels with it and only lost 3 times, once to a ranger once to a minion necro and once to another warrior running the same build. I’m curious how someone more skilled than me is handling it.

I already get that I can just 2v1 then, and that may or may not work. I did manage to win a few 3v1s and a couple of 2v1s. I attribute that more to my opponents lack of skill than anything on my part though.

edit

To clarify I can’t seem to get around the long duration stuns, even with stability plus their regen is pretty insane. I’ve done well against a few by going straight bunker, but then I couldn’t kill them and it became a fight of who got bored first. I don’t really call that a win though.

in Guardian

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I wanted to know how you are handling the warrior skull crack builds that are so popular.

Obviously I cannot speak for the op, but blind is the enemy of that build. This is actually something a guardian has lots of access to with gs3, sword2 and focus4.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I wanted to know how you are handling the warrior skull crack builds that are so popular.

Obviously I cannot speak for the op, but blind is the enemy of that build. This is actually something a guardian has lots of access to with gs3, sword2 and focus4.

While I agree with you in theory, in practice though blind is actually pretty ineffective simply due to the way blocking works in this game with relation to effects. Which is annoying all on it’s own. As it is right now they can effectively block our blinds on a short cd. That isn’t to say that blinds aren’t good, they are. They just don’t counter this build.

I learned this the hard way while playing it, originally this was how my warrior was built but I hadn’t tried it since they got the buffs.

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

nah unless your bunker build a warrior is gonna kill u with the new cc build…its inevitable if they play just as good as u…all u can do is try to avoid the stun by dodging and using aegis at right time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Equinox.1025

Equinox.1025

I like you build stunn very balance ofensive/defensive and support. Its like a teldo eng build but for guardian I love it

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

thanks! I sometimes stream at www.twitch.tv/stunningstyles so u can check me out there running tpvp ques :P

in Guardian

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

So, what’s the rationale for running this build over the usual 0/5/30/30/5 or 0/0/30/30/10 build with 3 shouts, AH, PoV, and Soldier runes? Seems like it accomplishes something similar but with more build synergy; Virtues is a fairly weak tree for a dps build (aside from the Might duration). Plus, you could go Zerk ammy with that setup and still achieve good sustain.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in Guardian

Posted by: Tek.4083

Tek.4083

Stunningstylesyup. Best clicker in gw2.

Tek Esper [VLK] [AoN]

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

lol thanks tek…@cymer this question I get asked a lot and it is really difficult to explain. Both builds are strong and viable and I believe it comes down to personal preference…do you u want 3 group condi removals on one skill or do u want 1 condi removal on each shout (3 shouts)…Also for this build u can use around 4-5 diff amulets and it will still work so it all depends on who you are up against and what u feel like playing lol this build is very versatile

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Out of curiosity what sort of upgrades are you using for WvW? I’ve been looking at this since I have a Cleric’s set (minus Lysaa runes) and it looks like you can get 3,000 to 3,100 armor and close to 800 healing. I’ve been tossing around sapphire or ruby which is changing things around a bit has I try and balance the crit chance and crit damage.

Finding a balance or comfort level I should say that is right for ones play style is a bit tricky. At the moment I find myself more comfortable using the healaway build here on the forums. I’ve gone full zerker DPS and don’t enjoy it much in WvW. I’ve mixed the two together going the route of AH using knights and others but still not 100% comfortable but it is better than my zerker DPS set.

I like the idea of armor around 3,100 and healing around 900 which is what I’m working on because I’m usually solo or tri being the only non-stealth class. The other two are stealths…

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Think I just re-read your WvW video and found it – ascended gear with vitality.

Oddly enough I can get the ascended stuff with badges and laurels + ecto’s but may see what it feels like using exotics first. Armor seems a bit high the way I have it configured at 3,213 but healing is lower at 696. Crit damage at 44% with crit chance at 16.6%.

Back to the drawing board and still like your videos

in Guardian

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

lol thanks tek…@cymer this question I get asked a lot and it is really difficult to explain. Both builds are strong and viable and I believe it comes down to personal preference…do you u want 3 group condi removals on one skill or do u want 1 condi removal on each shout (3 shouts)…Also for this build u can use around 4-5 diff amulets and it will still work so it all depends on who you are up against and what u feel like playing lol this build is very versatile

Well no, PoV + Soldier runes means 2 conditions removed per shout (and one of those gets converted to a boon, which procs AH). And actually, right now PoV is bugged, so at the moment you’re clearing 3 condis AoE per shout (2 converted to boons). So, in total, you can clear up to 9 condis AoE right now with your 3 utilities, but normally it’s only 6.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in Guardian

akamon.2769

is POV really bugged right now? and 2 converted to boons? haha haven’t touched PoV in a while and that sounds like a crazy, but a more than welcome, bug lol

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

stunningstyles.7054

yea POV is bugged atm but surprised ANET hasn’t changed it yet lol

in Guardian

akamon.2769

:OOO haha i assume this happened with the latest patch?
haha true. well, i guess enjoy it while it lasts. : ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Lord Sarok.4369

PoV bug only converts one condi still.