Top DH Forum Rumors....

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Either you think DH needs a nerf and you’re bad.
Or
You think DH needs a buff and you’re good.

Either case, here is what the forums are saying.

TOP DH FORUM RUMORS

• DH can camp a point with traps
  • DH’s traps does too much damage on an instant cast skill
  • DH F1 spear hits too easily
  • DH has too much sustains

Such accusations…. I’ll handle each one without sounding too facetious.

DH can’t camp a point unless he has 5 traps out with full cooldowns back up.
A DH would need to trigger 3 out of 5 traps for him to gain advantage against any 1 person. (ele/engi/rev/ranger).
Now… this also assumes the DH has 5 traps up on cool down for him to place back immediately. That includes 1 Purification and 1 Test of Faith for the sake of advantage.

This does not assume the DH will pull off an F1 pull inside a Test of Faith combo. A 3+ trap combo assumes all things goes well for the DH in this scenario. Disregarding the fact that all items would need to happen relatively quickly to have ‘’sustain advantage’’ against a Ranger and/or Engi. Otherwise, they would undoubtedly win the battle.

LET’S CONTINUE

DH can cap a point
I have never seen a DH successfully contain a point by his lonesome… a Ranger, Engi, even a well played Necro, can beat a DH in fair 1v1 grounds. If the DH is full trap guard, he doesn’t stand a chance. A Necro will always obliterate a full trap DH. Revenants have advantages… almost every class does. but I will not go full detail unless any 1 person here think otherwise.

DH too much damage on instant cast skills
DH has always been that all in – or all nothing type of class. We either do GREAT AoE damages or we fail miserably… there is no in-between. We’ve been considered OP vs Thieves since the beginning so.. don’t EVER listen to a Thief main.. We absolutely NEED AoE stuns for the sake of suitability against CC Bursts. It’s a double-edge sword that’s always been against us. We’ve already been nerfed enough, for the wrong reasons.

DH F1 Spear hits too easily
And for what cost to who? We land the spear, it does 262 dmg in in a few seconds… best it can possibly do is pull an enemy across our 1.7k Test of faith or 3.1k crit (if that ever happens…heck..our 1 and only item that we’re absolutely dependent on.
Engi – We’ll win if we pull this off and then some…
Rev – We’ll more than win if we pull this off
Ele – We’ll likely win if we pull this off
Necro – We’ll likely win if we pull this off
Thief – We’ll win sooner if we pull this off (still a heavy 50/50 fight)

DH has too much sustains
Gosh, pretty much every class thinks DH has too much sustains in team fights except…
Ranger, Wariors, Engineers, Elementalists, Necro, and… well some good Revs.. some good Mesmers.. some good Thieves.. gosh I guess that’s it.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: zeight.5260

zeight.5260

The class clearly needs a buff and most people agree on that.

The issue is coming from the passive gameplay of the traps and that should not be up because it requires absolutely zero skill to use. This is precisely why beginners are moaning about DH because such a passive gameplay allows an average player to beat other average ones pretty easily without being more skilled.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

Personally, i think DH was a mistake as an elite for the guardian profession, i’ll prefer they restore guardian as it used to be, or at least make some builds valuable again without the need of playing DH. (medition is still doable compared to the rest, but you just don’t have a choice anymore when playing guardian)

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

what Guardian/DH needs?

- Zeal trait line revamp.
- Honor trait line revamp
- Radiance trait line revamp.
- Valor trait line (glacial heart back)
- Virtues : base 1 stability and stun brake F3 and 1 condi removal F2 without Virtue line. (it will give ppl more build variety – add something else to virtues in virtue line)
- Sword – aa,2,3 attacks revamp
- Hammer – aa,2,3,4,5 revamp (aa cast time 1/2 1/2 3/4 – 1 sec protection, #2 600 range, #3, 3/4 cast time plus cd 12 sec, #4 3/4 cast time 15 sec cd, #5 casting while moving 20 sec cd + giving retalation)
- Mace – revamp
- Scepter – symbol
- GS #3 12 sec cd, 4# 12 sec cd, #5 20 sec cd
- LB is fine
- Give retalation more usability.

… and this is only start…

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The issue is coming from the passive gameplay of the traps and that should not be up because it requires absolutely zero skill to use. This is precisely why beginners are moaning about DH because such a passive gameplay allows an average player to beat other average ones pretty easily without being more skilled.

Who is not carried by passive these days?

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Sad to say but the only way for DH to get the love needed is to nerf the trap damage so that Anet can give other abilities viability. Since 18-20k damage without the DH being on a point with 3 traps is a little ridiculous.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

This isn’t a valid argument against buffing guardian. Easy-to-use builds and passive gameplay exists for many builds/classes. Do traps need some nerfs? Yes arguably a couple small nerfs. Nerfing DH traps should be very low on the priority list though. I want to see all the fixes/buffs Rag mentioned before traps/DH/longbow gets nerfed again. Those fixes/buffs are long overdue.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They shouldn’t be buffing DH traps. It’s a crappy mechanic for pvp.

They should just improve other guard builds, and make them less passive.

The problem is passive mechanics need to be removed across the classes. Guardians thrive in a meta where aegis actually matters.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Only thing I hate on dh is bow 5 the area of boxes shood be slightly bigger or you shood be able to dodge out of it

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Does DH need buffs? Not really. Just nerf Projectile Hate which is one of the main reasons we don’t see DH in higher tiers of PvP. Base Guardian traits and skills needs a lot of love though.

As for DH sustain… I somehow agree that it’s too much but not to the level of Warrior Sustain. Warriors get great sustain and DH gets decent sustain, both without even getting Healing Power. Compare that to a Tempest wherein they need to put all stats and trait into Healing to make it good. I seriously don’t know why people QQ more than necessary about it when it’s exclusively spec’d to heal.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

what to hear a joke?

symbols

spirit weapons

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

DH Traps? The only nerf they “need” is a slight size reduction imo.
The damage they deal in a combo is fine. Spear’s pull can be made less effective by obstructions on certain maps or negated with STAB/Dodge. The reflect abundance is what really hurts them more than anything else, and it doesn’t help that they have projectiles on their melee options, either, among other issues.

Guardian really needs an overhaul.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Are you guys joking? DH has too much sustain? Have you seen a Ranger running Druid Menders? And tanking 2-3 players while killing them? What about inspiration Chrono Bunkers? Paladin Scrappers the list goes on.

So many people still complain about DH Trap builds, they aren’t even viable for high level ranked and yet people still complain for nerfs, can someone honestly tell me why?

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

what to hear a joke?

symbols

spirit weapons

You forgot 50-75% of Consecrations. Also symbols are actually decent if you can pull off a immob or if someone is that aggressive to mad dog you and fight in them. Another joke is Radiant Retaliation.

In truth though things that will probably help Guardian would be nerfs to other classes, (Projectile hate, passive procs) or some deep revamp into core traits, because alot of core guardian traits don’t make too much sense or the choices are just really underwealming.

Spirit Weapons will always be pretty bad aside from maybe spirit shield (PVE). Due to being Timed AI with lengthy Cooldown, if it were me to come up with a idea for them, i’d make Spirit Weapons a consistent effect skill, like Elementalist Glyph of Elemental Power, that’ll summon a graphic of said spirit weapon attack animation. when you attack, activating variety of effects depending on said spirit weapon utility.

Concecrations, need a bit of something to help it, either reducing the cooldown by a large amount and making a few of them mobile (Hallowed Ground, Sanctuary)
cast able utilities on yourself. Another would be to have them spawn appropriate symbol types on creation so they at least have some Synergy with Zeal and Honor, if Writ of Persistence isn’t going to be changed.

Then general changes, Sword end of Auto Attack chain not being projectiles. Retaliation needs to be something useful!

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

Personally, i think DH was a mistake as an elite for the guardian profession, i’ll prefer they restore guardian as it used to be

then druid was a mistake too imo and they should restore ranger…

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

It’s not about DH.

Guardian class had been nerfed each balanced patch since released.

Retaliation nerfed is not good anymore and it’s like 25% of guardian traits.

The after cast of hammer, mace are terrible.

The output damage of the cleric amulet is lower than all other classes wearing cleric.

The DH high burst from traps, is a joke. Guardian aoe burst damage was good, adding traps is the cake of the crap. People call for OP BS because of that.

Actually, the more supportives weapons (staff, hammer, mace) need a better damage scaling or to hit faster.

Guardian need more HP to be able to be bruiser like or bunker like.

Guardian need 1 or 2 weapon that can do condition damage to get a viable condition build.

DPS guards or DH are good but they lack REV or Thief mobility making them subpar for dps roamer. (it’s why I play them with Traveller rune but that removing a lot of options)

The smite conditions buff + traits was really need. Now we can sustain versus condies without shouts.

But guardian need much more work to get balanced for all roles into pvp.

Coming from a 5k games played by guardian guy.

I can say that bunker mesmer (season 1) > Warrior Shoutbow (2014-2015) > Tempest Ele support > Scrapper gyro support > Warrior Bunker Banner > Bunker guard tie with Cleric Necro Transfusion.

For conditions it’s a lot worse than that.

So, all in all… Anet want guardian to be a squishie AOE bursting class that run slower than all others.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

I have nothing against a DH, but making core guardian again valid is likely to put DH in a super spot again, it was partly cause of the particular DH skills combined with HOT PVE,WvW balance, base guardian was nerved (or not adapted to the power of other classes) this much in pvp. But also when they changed the trait lines, guardian was not in the best spot as correlating traits were scattered around.

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

The utility bar is exactly that, a utility bar but anet turned it into weapon slots by allowing traps do a lot of damage as well as CC. If they wanted to give DH more AoE damage, that is what weapons are for. They could have done something about the ridiculous no. 2 skill on GS, no. 3 on 1h sword, no. 3 and 4 on longbow. The utility set could have then be skills that help with sustain

Now they have put themselves in a position where they will have to either straight buff skills that can be used alongside traps to improve sustain which will probably break the class or skills that improve sustain that replace traps which will become mandatory in PvP.

These guys are something else.

What many don’t realize is that just like warrior, on paper DH is actually not bad it just needs very slight adjustments to its sustain abilities and better weapon skills. It will not take much for traps to cause the class to look broken.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Half the Guardian skills and traits are outdated. They need to be changed more than simply buffed.

The Guardian and dh are failing simply because of old mechanics. Projectile on sword 3 for example

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Traps DO hit too hard. And that’s part of why DHs suck. Their traps are easy to use, daze, hit hard and have stupidly low cast times, if any. If you want traps to be good and DHs to be good, they need to rework them to be more skillful, but also better. I suggest making them more utility oriented. One can still be damage focused still (Test of Faith is my pick). Procession of Blades could be a whirl finisher. And with a half second daze, they shouldn’t be instant cast and so easily to chain together.

Make traps more utility focused than damage and increase cast times to 1 second max.

These changes won’t be enough to make DHs good, but it’ll be a start. They could also have a trait that does some damage or healing on interrupt, or maybe crippling applies burning or does some damage whenever it’s applied.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

Half the Guardian skills and traits are outdated. They need to be changed more than simply buffed.

The Guardian and dh are failing simply because of old mechanics. Projectile on sword 3 for example

Yeah, I’ve said it a long time ago, those abilities look really obsolete if we compare them to, say, scrapper’s hammer or rev sword.. but they won’t change them, right? So I would go just with removing the projectile effect on 1h sword autos (3rd chain skill) to somehow deal with all the projectile hate; maybe also insta cast on Shield of Courage (F3), though it’s a physical aspect and they’re not likely to change that either, I guess.
Really, I’d be happy just with those.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

If a DH is considered to have too much sustain, what do they think Warriors, Scrappers and Eles have? (ok Ele is forgiven since they dont have much dps)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

They keep adding more skills that do different things
They keep the number of slots the same
Every build has to meet certain criteria (multiple stun breaks, multiple condi cleanse) before you can add in your own twist

Because of this, there will always be skills that are just not going to be used. This is just the 4th year, if the studio wants to save themselves a lot of headache, they should start combining utility skills and balance them, maybe even have some combinations be toggleable on the utility bar but, change the no 1-5 slots (each with their own cooldowns).

We will find out what they do to DH next week. I still expect them to break the thing or make insignificant changes. Hopefully i am wrong.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I am not the most experienced guardian, but guardian has a fundamental design issue. Initially guard was designed as tanky/support class primarily, that is a bit slow but survivable. HoT turned this 180 degree making guard primarily a burst dps class. Sustainability is middle of the pack and closer to the low side and mobility is terrible.

Then traps, the ultimate one trick pony. At there current iteration, only Test of Faith is worth using. Using other dps traps make you weaker, and do not provide much in terms of either area denial or damage, since people avoid them anyway.

Guardian traps should deal quite a bit less damage and should be more frequent for their utility use. At the same time the following weapons need help to desperate help in either damage or utility: LB, GS, mace and scepter. Utility wise: Concentrations are not usable much outside WvW. Shouts have too long CDs. Spirit weapons.. no comment. Then guardian needs a buff in mobility as well and things should be in a much better position.

It is anticipated that guardian will get buffed next patch, but it may not be in a useful way.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

the entire guardian class was designed for the pre specialization era of GW2.

it fell way behind after the specialization patch and has since been left completely in the dust after HoT and elite specialization.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: JackaS.9426

JackaS.9426

Yea I agree with that. Looking at revenants, because of the fact the class is new, most of their traits and skills are pretty good and fits in HoT meta very well, while guardian got tons of traits based on retaliation that are useless now, as well as utilities. Also, many skills of the old weapons have a big cd for the low dmg they do, and become useless in this meta. The new weapons are too strong compared to the old ones.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I am not the most experienced guardian, but guardian has a fundamental design issue. Initially guard was designed as tanky/support class primarily, that is a bit slow but survivable. HoT turned this 180 degree making guard primarily a burst dps class. Sustainability is middle of the pack and closer to the low side and mobility is terrible.

Then traps, the ultimate one trick pony. At there current iteration, only Test of Faith is worth using. Using other dps traps make you weaker, and do not provide much in terms of either area denial or damage, since people avoid them anyway.

Guardian traps should deal quite a bit less damage and should be more frequent for their utility use. At the same time the following weapons need help to desperate help in either damage or utility: LB, GS, mace and scepter. Utility wise: Concentrations are not usable much outside WvW. Shouts have too long CDs. Spirit weapons.. no comment. Then guardian needs a buff in mobility as well and things should be in a much better position.

It is anticipated that guardian will get buffed next patch, but it may not be in a useful way.

Hate to be that guy but this is a bit wrong. Guardian’s used to be a BIG Burst dps class back when Zerkers were meta. Even when Celestials came out, Zerker Guardian was still there to make Thieves (and other zerk builds) QQ. 7k Whirling Wrath + 3k Smite Condition was no joke.

The Spec patch hit and you’re right, Guardians did a 180 but in a positive way. We had a viable range weapon, had better sustains (compared to core) and still remained Bursty with a twist of CC. All that got nerfed to the ground… now we’re simply mechanically flawed because we have weaknesses that weren’t nearly as big of a deal post HoT.

The biggest issue with DH traps is, there’s way too much on a single utility. Traited Smite Condition, traited traps, Heals being meditations and can proc Smite Condition, it’s these items that creates huge windows if opportunity for other classes to take advantage of. It’s also the reason why, if used all together, can down an unaware; unskilled, opponent in soloQ. We have soloQ players telling devs to nerf us and competitive players asking for a buff. Both are right, in their own way…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

DH has too much sustains
Gosh, pretty much every class thinks DH has too much sustains in team fights except…
Ranger, Wariors, Engineers, Elementalists, Necro, and… well some good Revs.. some good Mesmers.. some good Thieves.. gosh I guess that’s it.

Man, I still don’t understand why Guardians have kitten sustain compared to other classes. At release, Guardians were given the lowest base HP because Guardians was suppose to have high sustain through numerous heals and active defenses. Now other classes have higher sustain, arguably better active defenses, all while sporting more HP, more damage, and more versatility.

And please fix our CC’s. Our CC’s still have CD’s from release when they actually meant something.

The biggest issue with DH traps is, there’s way too much on a single utility. Traited Smite Condition, traited traps, Heals being meditations and can proc Smite Condition, it’s these items that creates huge windows if opportunity for other classes to take advantage of. It’s also the reason why, if used all together, can down an unaware; unskilled, opponent in soloQ. We have soloQ players telling devs to nerf us and competitive players asking for a buff. Both are right, in their own way…

I still don’t understand why they decided to load so much into Meditations instead of changing other utilities. You pretty much always take the Valor line because the buffs to Meditations in that lane is too good to give up.

(edited by ZoroDaOtter.3859)

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Personally, i think DH was a mistake as an elite for the guardian profession, i’ll prefer they restore guardian as it used to be

You won’t see me complaining. Whoever thought “Guardians want to play like rangers and rangers want to play like guardians” was a good idea clearly needs to rethink their mindset.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

You won’t see me complaining. Whoever thought “Guardians want to play like rangers and rangers want to play like guardians” was a good idea clearly needs to rethink their mindset.

The intent of Anet on classes is for all classes have all weapon sets and the similiar gameplay utilities.. now if this is just the beggining, with the actual awfull balance to look and sound cool concept for esportz we know where this will reach….

Every class will have every weapon… so much more power creep and more dumb ways to play will be there, ele with traps, necros with bow and traps etc…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Hate to be that guy but this is a bit wrong. Guardian’s used to be a BIG Burst dps class back when Zerkers were meta. Even when Celestials came out, Zerker Guardian was still there to make Thieves (and other zerk builds) QQ. 7k Whirling Wrath + 3k Smite Condition was no joke.

The Spec patch hit and you’re right, Guardians did a 180 but in a positive way. We had a viable range weapon, had better sustains (compared to core) and still remained Bursty with a twist of CC. All that got nerfed to the ground… now we’re simply mechanically flawed because we have weaknesses that weren’t nearly as big of a deal post HoT.

I have not been around long enough, but seems like I missed on the good old days! I play primary guardian and rev. I find that guard performs better in terms of damage and much better survivability against conditions, but as games get tough, I always feel I would have been much better as a rev. Much better survivability and team support.

There is no question that as the opposition gets smarter, DH loses much ground due to very easily avoidable damage mechanics and easily interrupt-able survivability mechanics. The lack of mobility as well does not help. Lets cross our fingers for some useful buffs that do not involve traps.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I have not been around long enough, but seems like I missed on the good old days! I play primary guardian and rev. I find that guard performs better in terms of damage and much better survivability against conditions, but as games get tough, I always feel I would have been much better as a rev. Much better survivability and team support.

There is no question that as the opposition gets smarter, DH loses much ground due to very easily avoidable damage mechanics and easily interrupt-able survivability mechanics. The lack of mobility as well does not help. Lets cross our fingers for some useful buffs that do not involve traps.

Emphasis needed on the bolded. Couldn’t have said that better!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

It’s pretty crummy that our f2 and f3 DH virtues get completely wasted and go on full cooldown by being interrupted. Imo the f2 should evade while leaping (at least during part of the leap), and the f3 should retain the 1/4s cast time, but the shield should materialize whether or not you’re interrupted.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I’d like to point out that F1 pull does not always work… I had countless situations when I needed to pull someone on clear ground (no obstacles and no elevation). The animation showed my enemy beside me for a second or two and then they just pop get back to the same spot they were before pull.
I thought it was just some teleport at first but well… guess that warriors, engies can’t teleport, let’s not forget ranger and guardians and necros (guard needs a target and necro needs a wurm up and running but I was sure they didn’t have those circumstances).
Sounds like a lag issue, but even then the pull should have worked anyway, but with some kind of delay.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

I’d like to point out that F1 pull does not always work… I had countless situations when I needed to pull someone on clear ground (no obstacles and no elevation). The animation showed my enemy beside me for a second or two and then they just pop get back to the same spot they were before pull.
I thought it was just some teleport at first but well… guess that warriors, scrappers can’t teleport, let’s not forget ranger and guardians and necros (guard needs a target and necro needs a wurm up and running but I was sure they didn’t have those circumstances).
Sounds like a lag issue, but even then the pull should have worked anyway, but with some kind of delay.

Had similiar experiences in good terrain and low elevation, “target is obstructed while” nothing was there…

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

I thought it was just some teleport at first but well… guess that warriors, scrappers can’t teleport, let’s not forget ranger and guardians and necros (guard needs a target and necro needs a wurm up and running but I was sure they didn’t have those circumstances).

Had similiar experiences in good terrain and low elevation, “target is obstructed while” nothing was there…

There are certain areas in WvW (a couple of camps in EBG that I can think of) and a certain node in Legacy of Foefire where projectiles become “obstructed” on otherwise flat ground due to some poorly designed terrain/barriers. Doesn’t seem to be a guardian-specific issue.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

There are certain areas in WvW (a couple of camps in EBG that I can think of) and a certain node in Legacy of Foefire where projectiles become “obstructed” on otherwise flat ground due to some poorly designed terrain/barriers. Doesn’t seem to be a guardian-specific issue.

Indeed, not guard specific probably, i imagine those places would affect all classes skills with similiar mechanic.

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

There’s a special spot in Forest of Niflhel where F1 pull will force stuck a player inside the map. I’ve used it to deliberately glitch players, all they can do is relog.

When ever F1 has to pull a player across 0 walking distance i.e the two fall plots near Stillness in Temple of the Silent Storm, F1 will launch them in the air instead. I’ve actually killed a player from fall damage due to this glitch.

They wont fix it till next year but it’s worth noting here.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Top DH Forum Rumors....

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

hammer 3 used to that on some EB places, target would get KB but on the vertical, and take fall damage, if was near a ramp, a similiar effect to stairs+fall damage would occur.