Train Line Analysis

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Trying to keep it short of a TLDR, so I’ll list the traits as:
Traitline (1/2/3) / (4/5/6) / (7/8/9)
For ease of reading and less text.

Zeal

• 1) Insignificant, could be used with group aegis and wvw ae spam defense but overall worthless
  • 2) Baseline in Zeal, best choice
  • 3) Interesting concept, but overall so limited and specific, also discourages virtue usage
  • 4) Interesting synergy with blinds, but akward placement in trait lines. If not taking GS then good choice
  • 5) Common choice with GS
  • 6) Feels pointless
  • 7) IF you are using spirit weapons, then go for it
  • 8) Good group burst potential with coordinated efforts, group aegis is less frequent than i would like, maybe increase damage?
  • 9) Hammer or mace, otherwise its just a crap shoot between Shattered Aegis and this

Overall I feel Zeal has few good choices and no variations. Raw damage increase and symbols is simply it.

Radiance

• 1) Good source of Fury, opens up possible low crit builds, contests against RHS
  • 2) Another good source of consistent crit for low crit builds, contests against Inner Fire
  • 3) Seemingly pointless, but useful if you want retal?
  • 4) Interesting soft CC option
  • 5) Good synergy with increased crit with burning, good source of passive burning as well, good burst with torch double throws
  • 6) Baseline damage increse, shouldn’t be too dificult to keep retal on
  • 7) Good burning trait, feels like best trait out of the other two choices
  • 8) Signet cooldown only hurts other signet synergy, and signets don’t see any common play anyway. Light Aura is forgetable as well
  • 9) ………….I get it you want us to use retaliation, and trying to prove we are condi viable

Radiance has opened up more possible crit options for gear with low crit chance, but requires good burning sources. Grandmaster choices are weak.

Valor

• 1) Good passive
  • 2) Good synergy with medi healing, for extra umph and damage
  • 3) Good functionality with focus I like the protection
  • 4) IF you use shield, go for it
  • 5) Consistent toughness increse
  • 6) Coordinated groups can use this to great effect, the radius could be increased and I feel cooldown could be lowered to match traited mace cooldowns at 12 seconds in the least. Preferable I would like to see this at 2-3 seconds cooldown if not no cooldown at all, but I understand shelter would make this very powerful, yet I don’t know if that is a horrible idea (group shelter at that point). Shattered Aegis with this is what they are afraid of though, so I feel Shattered Aegis should have kitten cooldown then.
  • 7) Group play sustain
  • 8) Solo sustain
  • 9) PvE damage

Strong traitline, but shiled still needs some work.

Honor

• 1) Breaks synergy with Communial Defenses, and the healing power mechanic is forgetable and too difficult to build/maintain to any functional degree.
  • 2) Best universal choice, not because it is good, but because if you are not running mace, why you don’t have any other choice
  • 3) Falling traits are pointless I feel, if anything make them minors
  • 4) Staff recharge for better swiftness upkeep and maybe AH healing refresh, but forgetable
  • 5) Aegis heals are good, but I feel could use more of a push in healing, closer to medi burst healing
  • 6) Cooldown should be removed like it was and/or might duration should be increased to 10-20 seconds
  • 7) Great with AH and shouts
  • 8) Good with symbols, healing could be increased to make it a viable source of sustain
  • 9) With loss of stats from traitlines, this becomes seemingly manditory to take if you want to try different gearsets in pvp/wvw

The traits in here are mostly uninspiried, but the grandmaster traits compete against eachother too much.

Virtues

• 1) Big damage increase, but difficult to maintain. I would like to see if persist for maybe 5 seconds after aegis break, since aegis is so prone to random AE
  • 2) I like that they added some form of survival to this anti CC trait. Aegis with Pure of Heart gives this trait SOME meaningful use, as opposed to how it was prior. Retaliation…
  • 3) Good solid choice for consecrations
  • 4) Good increase to burning uptime
  • 5) Good group/self sustain trait for condi clearing
  • 6) Strange placement down the Virtues line, and will almost never see play I feel, as the other choices are better and more frequent
  • 7) Good AE burning tool, and I am happy it finally procs on target instead of player
  • 8) I feel this is a forgetable trait, group healing is ok with healing power, but not a game changer
  • 9) Solid trait, good functionality

This traitline makes virtues worthwhile, almost manditory I feel, as we rely on virtues for our basic class mechanic. Virtue passives need to be stronger I still feel.

Train Line Analysis

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Choo choo!

/sorrynotsorry

Train Line Analysis

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I feel slightly upset I didn’t take the opportunity when I had the chance.

Fishsticks