Trait Idea: Chill on Blind

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I recently thought of what I thought would be a good trait to add to Guardians. It’s simple as the title says, when you blind a foe, you also chill them for a short duration (1-2 seconds). This seems to make a lot of sense when you look at skills that apply blind:
1. Flashing Blade: would be similar to savage leap on warrior, makes sense that when you close the gap you actually slow someone down for at least a second or two so you can actually gain something from the gap closure. I’ve previously posted about how flashing blade is typically useless in chasing because someone with swiftness or even no swiftness can still leave your sword range instantly.
2. Leap of Faith: similar to the above, though there’s less of a problem with this skill than flashing blade.
3. Ray of Judgment: similar to blade trail on warrior, it’s one of our very limited ranged skills besides scepter and makes sense to do something besides blind and condi cleanse. How many times have you used this skill while chasing just for a little damage? Wouldn’t it be a game changer if you could slow someone down for just a second with this?
4. Traited Virtue of Justice: Instant cast chill would be amazing. Can combo a leap of faith or flashing blade with this for double the chill duration!

I’ve always thought this would be sooo beneficial to guardians without really buffing them that greatly. It probably would fit in the best to the Radiance tree, since that usually has blind related traits.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I think Torment when you burn would be a cool grandmaster trait.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I highly doubt Anet would add it just because of the fact this is a Necro trait.

Chilling Darkness- When you blind a target, you also apply chill for 1 second.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Guards already have vuln on blind. Which is better than the necros version.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Make Kindred Zeal (Zeal XII) apply AoE chill on VoJ. Then maybe we have a reason to spec down that line.

in Guardian

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Am I completely nuts? I don’t think there is in any way in a kajillion years that vuln on blind is better than chill. Chill is one of the absolute best control conditions in the game. Imo, control is ALWAYS better than a marginal damage increase.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you are talking about pvp then sure. But pve chill is completely useless and vuln is a dps boost for your whole group. Especially with the amount of blinds guardian can spam.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

This suggestion is for pvp, not Pve. Slows are almost useless in Pve but are amazing in pvp (yet we have access to very limited immobilizes only).

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This suggestion is for pvp, not Pve. Slows are almost useless in Pve but are amazing in pvp (yet we have access to very limited immobilizes only).

Then it’s not really a good suggestion because unless Anet starts ADDING traits, they should try to make any given trait work in both situations.