Trait/Rune Damage Stacking?

in Guardian

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

There’s a rune and a trait (Rune of Flame Legion and Fiery Wrath in Zeal), both of which stack 7% damage increase to burning foes, I’m curious if these stack to getting +14% damage to burning foes or how it would stack otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

in Guardian

Posted by: Chainezo.1835

Chainezo.1835

percentages stack multiplicatively so it is 14.49% not 14%.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yes its multiplicative as Chainezo says.

Side question. Traits like symbolic avenger which does more damage to enemies standing in your symbols. Does that also increase burn damage or just physical damage?

Same with Retribution (increased damage while under the effects of Retaliation) does that only affect physical damage?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

yes its multiplicative as Chainezo says.

Side question. Traits like symbolic avenger which does more damage to enemies standing in your symbols. Does that also increase burn damage or just physical damage?

Same with Retribution (increased damage while under the effects of Retaliation) does that only affect physical damage?

Pretty sure damage modifiers are just for physical damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Just for direct damage. They do not increase condition damage.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Is this also the case for percentages with different triggers. Like if I have fiery wrath and symbolic avenger and the enemy is on fire in my symbol.

will I do 17% more damage to him? or will it be 10.7%? I hope its the former otherwise it seems like a waste to get multiple damage multiplier traits.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Is this also the case for percentages with different triggers. Like if I have fiery wrath and symbolic avenger and the enemy is on fire in my symbol.

will I do 17% more damage to him? or will it be 10.7%? I hope its the former otherwise it seems like a waste to get multiple damage multiplier traits.

It’d be neither because your math is a bit off here. The base coefficient needs to be included on both values, and they need to be multiplied, not added. 1.1 * 1.07 = 1.177, which translates to a 17.7% damage increase. Close to what it would be with addition, but having multiple different multipliers stacked makes those extra digits make a noticeable difference.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Well, that doesn’t surprise me. My math skills are not the greatest.

but I was planning to try another dh pve build trying to stack as many multipliers as possible so I was curious on if the math would support that or not.