Traps change- point of dh in dungeons

in Guardian

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Aside from some damage buffs what dh brings to the table now when traps no longer have hard cc? Im trying to use hammer mostly in my build with a little of staff/gs and cant find a reason to get rid of virtues line. The utility is just too strong for me to throw It off.
Consecrations, stability, condi removal, damage per buff. I feel like going dh is reaper all over again with selfish dps and no actual party support.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

what?

the change was in pvp only

and traps that aren’t named Dragon’s Maw never did much break bar damage to begin with, 0.25 secs of daze is lol to a break bar.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

what?

the change was in pvp only

and traps that aren’t named Dragon’s Maw never did much break bar damage to begin with, 0.25 secs of daze is lol to a break bar.

Wrong. Change was game wide.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

what are you talking about? DH’s pure burst damage is an asset in itself – especially in dungeons where you can just use focus 5 then GS5 then GS2 and bam, everything’s dead already. Also don’t forget that hammer gives perma protection which is good for carrying bads, has shedloads of CC and can be traited to give might on crit which is again, very good for the party or raidsquad you are in. don’t forget you can use Purification to momentarily blind mobs which is always good

just because chrono is de facto the quintissential support class now for dungeons doesn’t mean it takes anything away from DH. DH is still one of the better classes for burst DPS while offering great utility, just like ele except DH’s utility serves a different purpose, and while DH is certainly not the bazooka that ele is in terms of DPS it’s still quite a handcannon (figuratively speaking) and you should use that to your advantage

Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Yobculture.5786)

in Guardian

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Sorry if i was’nt specific. I use to play with pugs most if the time and we all know How often there is a whole party of pugs that know what to do. If i want to run with hammer (and i do since i crafted juggernaut a few years ago and cant find a proper way to use it- both revenant and warrior feel really meh with It.) im actually almost forced to spec in honor line. Zeal is a musi aswell so its either dh or virtues. When traps used to daze i could steamroll some veterans in a dungeon. Now It require chrono since guard’s only ale stun is his elite trap. That is why im asking what is more important- utility(virtues) or dps(dh) when you cant really count on other teammates.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

You can still get CC from traps from slow, but I never used traps primarily for CC. Bane Signet, F1 pull and weapon skills are usually enough. As for why DH is worth it, it provides more dps than any other line and decent utility.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

you should never have to spec out of DH just to get more survivability in PvE normally

if you can’t rely on other people, use scepter/torch and sword/focus combos to maximise your soloability. focus 5 gives 3 blocks (and a big burst if you get it to explode) and of course the aoe blind from focus 4, and Shelter gives 2 seconds of block, and F3 gives the occasional aegis and 3 seconds of block. all in all you should not have that much of a problem.

trash mobs = use sword/focus and GS to clean them out. GS3 has the blind at the end of the leap and it cleaves iirc

Far Shiverpeaks