Up to date build for beginning guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Board.9176

Board.9176

When i go to forums i see tons of builds, but loads of them are nearly a year old or have been voted down in all the comments.

Now that i recently started doing SPvP (not WvW yet, don’t have any guild yet either).
I have never done dungeons before, I don’t really know anybody in game to do em with.

But i’m looking for a build that might improve my play in SPvP.
I’m kind of a tank player, charge in the front lines and don’t leave until i’m low as hell.
For leveling i’ve been mainly using greatsword, but I’m willing to change that if you think i might get a more dps/survivability ratio.

Tl;dr: Need up to date build with high survivability for front line fighting in Spvp & preferably some nice dps on it since i’m a soloplayer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

You can try my current bunker guard build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNApdWlsApUo1CxVI8DRx8QlZcsiVFAYXEZRVc1LA-TJxHwAILDY4JAA4UA8a/BA

If you want more dmg, you’d have to go medi (GS + Sw/Focus) 2/5/6/0/1

(edited by Charak.9761)

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

All the guides that are stickied that goes into build in specifics are still up to date. The thing is nothing really happend to guardians since release and the same builds that were valid than is valid now for spvp.

If people down vote stuff its more personal preference than actual performance in the build.

Front line player suggest that you tag up with a a teammate and if so the standard 0/1/6/6/1 with meditations or AH is still very valid. Depending on weapon and choice of runes you could go 0/6/6/1/1 and take a bit more defensive amulet and still be very tanky.

Check out the sticky that focus on spvp builds, it all there and i really mean all.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Charak.9761

AH is useless, it requires people around you to be effective

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

As i said, dont mix up personal preference and playstyle with objectivity.

In any scenario when there is one teammate around ah is one of our options since it doesnt force the guardian to choose utiilities that doesnt support the team. In coordinated 3man squads ah surpasses meditations in all aspects as long as you chose the proper weapons.

So the proper feedback would be:
IF you soloplay, ah is useless, which isnt true either since it allows you to chose from a larger variety och utilityskills.

in Guardian

Charak.9761

yeah but you’re going 6 deep into a critdmg mastery for that

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

While picking up purity (indirect thru pov and trooper rune) and strength in numbers which your team can benefit from.
Compare that to a meditation build (also 6 into valor) which doesnt benefit the team at all.