Upcoming Firebrand Gear !?

in Guardian

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

Hey guys i have a question.. for once in a while i´m really hyped for PVE… i got my Guard up to lvl 80 and try to prepare for PoF.
My Question is : what gear should i use?? I wanna go for condi dmg but there are so many condi different condi sets like vipers, dires etc.

what are your advices?? I was thinking about a combination between Dire and Shaman.. but i dunno if its worth to invest in healing power…

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Condi guards need the Radiance + Virtue traitlines (Permeating Wrath is just too powerful for burn guards to ignore) to remain viable. That means u have very little access to healing traits, hence those healing stats will be wasted on a burn guard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

We dont know yet, not even if it will be buffed or nerfed so better wait until expansion comes. Save gold for stats change if you already have some sort of ascended armor.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

I personally made a full Trailblazer set in preparation for PoF. Could definitely do better damage with Viper or Sinister but with Trailblazer I will do plenty enough damage for any PvE content short of raids and will serve as a WvW set as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If you want to AoE you need virtues, if you want to max out on a single target, you don’t.

Sinister will be the highest DPS, since you can max burning duration (Balthazar Runes, Superior Sigil of Smoldering, Radiant Fire, Bowl of Fire Meat Chilli) without any expertise at all and there isn’t much access to other conditions anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

trailblazers or dire, works every where except min/max in fractals and raids.

It also depends on build, if you trait in honor heal power isnt a bad choice either as a secondary stat.

But i would wait. There will be new stat combos and hopefully there will be some sort of condi/heal/vit/concentration combo coming, or similar. To me that would be very interesting.

in Guardian

Posted by: momophily.3814

momophily.3814

I’m looking at it from a WvW perspective and the likley Meta shifts that will take place, but from a support perspective most of the gear can be used in PVE ( outside of high fractals or the raids).

In going to say the WvW damage base will be seraphs, though there are many options on that one. I also love carrion because i hate low vita, we can usualy drop toughness with minimal impact. I doubt carrion will be in meta though with so many other condi selections that are better for min/max.

The WvW support gear will be Shaman for healing, not sure on what one is best for a boon duration focus. I realy like the concept of mixing shaman with another set to see if i can out do celi.

But, Celi will likley stay if you want a balanced mix…

I realy see 2-3 FB builds as viable for WvW. Direct heals, boons, or burn

(edited by momophily.3814)

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

I’m looking at it from a WvW perspective and the likley Meta shifts that will take place, but from a support perspective most of the gear can be used in PVE ( outside of high fractals or the raids).

In going to say the WvW damage base will be seraphs, though there are many options on that one. I also love carrion because i hate low vita, we can usualy drop toughness with minimal impact. I doubt carrion will be in meta though with so many other condi selections that are better for min/max.

The WvW support gear will be Shaman for healing, not sure on what one is best for a boon duration focus. I realy like the concept of mixing shaman with another set to see if i can out do celi.

But, Celi will likley stay if you want a balanced mix…

I realy see 2-3 FB builds as viable for WvW. Direct heals, boons, or burn

With F2 heals you wont be healing anyone with even 10k healing power. F2 sucks f3 not far away from that.

in Guardian

momophily.3814

Ya i’m aware ragnarox, i’ve got a 2000 word post on it and multiple other posts about the flaws of FB…. thats not the point of the post. If you want to run it, or they buffit (like they did with HoT healers post release). Thats the guess at stat sets

This post in not " lets kitten more about FB". Go find the 40 other posts about that, or revive the Beta week posts.

On a second note the FB will shine in WvW because of the F1 and F3, but its the only game mode that will happen in as “support”. Everywhere else, its just condi

(edited by momophily.3814)

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Ya i’m aware ragnarox, i’ve got a 2000 word post on it and multiple other posts about the flaws of FB…. thats not the point of the post. If you want to run it, or they buffit (like they did with HoT healers post release). Thats the guess at stat sets

This post in not " lets kitten more about FB". Go find the 40 other posts about that, or revive the Beta week posts.

On a second note the FB will shine in WvW because of the F1 and F3, but its the only game mode that will happen in as “support”. Everywhere else, its just condi

Well we dont know anything untill we properly test, but from prelimenary tests f2 and f3 sucks in solo and group content cause FB is manly melee close range brawler with no survivability. Pretty much it will die in first charge cause of cast times (and we know how laggy wvw can be when big blobs fight).

It will shine in pve only.

in Guardian

momophily.3814

I feel the urge to make a bet, but i’ll forgo that. GL on you hypothesis.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Back to the main topic:

For gear sets for a DPS Firebrand I’d go the new griever’s stat combo. Burn Guard currently is 40/60 split between power and condi so increasing the power side by having all the power stats would be nice. Expertise is not needed because with balth, smoldering, and the trait you already reach 85%, so maybe 1 or 2 pieces of vipers.

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Back to the main topic:

For gear sets for a DPS Firebrand I’d go the new griever’s stat combo. Burn Guard currently is 40/60 split between power and condi so increasing the power side by having all the power stats would be nice. Expertise is not needed because with balth, smoldering, and the trait you already reach 85%, so maybe 1 or 2 pieces of vipers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Grievers coming!

fyi, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Meat_Chili

in Guardian

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

thx for the feedback guys !! I was thinking to invest a little into healing power because of tome of resolve ( but since we don´t know how it will scale with it in the final game we have to wait).
I Came up with that stat combination: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf8uENDx6hwwfosBQFUn5kYCzQA-TBiMQBnSZAo0PcH1DKlKODUJIA2fAeKN6kSMSB4nwK-e

opinions?

(edited by InViictuZz.1705)

in Guardian

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Have been working on putting together a seraph stat set for my guard seems perfect for the condi support style i intend to play firebrand as.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Right now I’m torn between Viper and Sinister. With Viper I can get full burn duration with Balthazar Runes and the Radiance line. My food and sigil options are open, and I’m not tied to having to scarf down pizza every 30 minutes. But, I’m not sure if that is the best variant. I could also go with berserker runes, and use the Smoldering Sigil + Bowl of Fire Meat Chili. That’ll give me 97% duration. That’ll probably output more damage, at the cost of 40 silver per hour. There’s also the sinister version with balthazar runes.

Normally I’d do the math on this, but I’m in way too much pain atm. So for now, I’ll build up viper, simply because it improves all conditions and not just burning.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I am done for launch and we will see whats coming out in form of new stat combos.

For roaming in wvw and doing content solo in living story.
Valor/radiance and ofc virtues in combination with FB. If radiance i swap smite conditions for signet of judgement. I will probably not be playing FB solo with mantras.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7elsAhqhYzQwcIwPEGNE1dY3yAIPf33+B-TxhAQBOU9HA8EAEjyPCt/QHOJALS/AkUCGOgA4111FcMGjxwQIECBpA4ZaE-e

For wvw and support
Honor/virtues and FB.
Full mantra build besides i use retreat or SyG as utilitie and focus on quickness, not traiting tomes besides the final trait.

This will have perma quickness, swiftness (if i use retreat) and regen and 5-8 might at all times in combat. Dodge rolling for 1500 healing and aegis heals for close to 1300 while having 1250 in condidamage while affected by quickness. Can also trigger its own combo fields in tomes.
3*2 condi clear in utilities, 3 or 4 stunbreakers in utilities.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAreSlsAhqhYzQwcIwPEGVEVe8Ov1DPABQTC-TRiAQBBSfgYUi5v9HMlqKQSJYZUe0Q1K6wpAAAPBgAAHAv39u/egjP+4jP+4Ge4hHe4hLFQg70A-e

Might be sweet tbh.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Khrux.4958

Khrux.4958

I’m struggling to see where Firebrand improves burnguard over a standard Zeal/Radiance/Virtues setup. Most of the traits are quickness based, which you can already get from other sources in raids. I guess axe is our only direct condi applying AA(with really short durations) and the f1 tome can be spammed for burning but there is very little direct condi damage multipliers here.

Firebrand just gives more short duration burn stacks and a tiny bit of bleed, at the cost of your weapon skills everytime you go into tome. There is no +condi dmg traits and no +condi duration traits either. On paper it just looks really bursty but doesn’t seem to support a sustained burnguard playstyle better than core burnguard does.

Playing a little of everything on Deso[EU}

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Firebrand just gives more short duration burn stacks and a tiny bit of bleed, at the cost of your weapon skills everytime you go into tome.

I am confused. Firebrand brings a lot of attacks that apply burn or other conditions. It also has the tome that allows you to apply burns like there is no tomorrow. Also, there is Quickfire, which is just lovely.

There is no +condi dmg traits and no +condi duration traits either.

Look up the Imbued Haste minor.

Bottomline: what I really like about Firebrand is how the trait synergy works, shaping the offensive support theme. I am far from being an experienced GW2 player, but from what I’ve seen, FB is one of the best designs that ANet has ever produced.