Upcoming patch - Meditation changes

in Guardian

Posted by: toaster messiah.7320

toaster messiah.7320

Since it’s revealed that we’re getting a trait which gives us Fury when a meditation skill is used; I’ve been thinking about the Superior Rune of Rage. Do you guys think a good dps build with these and meditations together would be a viable option?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

There are a lot of runes that provide superior bonus’ that aren’t linked to fury so I’m inclined to say no. Good idea but unfortunately it falls short because the rune still wouldn’t be useful.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Rage’s six set bonus is bugged. You’re better off going five Citadel and a ruby orb. For a dps option.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Rage sounds like a decent choice to me. Anything that increases the amount of fury that a guardian gets is good if you are aiming for damage. From what I can tell, between runes and boon duration, it should now be pretty easy for a guardian to achieve perma fury.

Though, I haven’t heard about the bug that Harbinger is talking about, so I don’t know if that is legit or not or whether the issue still exists. If the bug still exists, then yeh I’d do 5 rage or switch to an orb for the 6th slot. I think think 5 rage is stronger than 5 citadel for a guardian.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Generally any rune that offers a % damage increase on the 6th slot if a certain boon is active is broken ( and has always been broken to my knowledge ).
ie. Rune of Strength ( +5% damage when you have Might ), Rune of Rage ( +5% damage when you have Fury )

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

It’s always nice to enjoy a non OP build since things get mixed up for the better (in most cases) to bring it up to speed. Anyone have any idea how long this fury will last?

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Guardian

Posted by: toaster messiah.7320

toaster messiah.7320

It’s always nice to enjoy a non OP build since things get mixed up for the better (in most cases) to bring it up to speed. Anyone have any idea how long this fury will last?

Probably 5 seconds; less would be underpowered and more could be abusable with Smite Condition (traited 16 secs cd).

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Generally any rune that offers a % damage increase on the 6th slot if a certain boon is active is broken ( and has always been broken to my knowledge ).
ie. Rune of Strength ( +5% damage when you have Might ), Rune of Rage ( +5% damage when you have Fury )

This, I’ve posted a thread about it…but that went missing after getting moved to the website bug subforum (what??).

The best we can hope for is that it gets fixed eventually, but that’s unlikely.