Update: Symbolic Avenger Trait

in Guardian

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

Prettty Pleeaassee re-enable this trait…. it has been the single most fun I’ve had in dungeons and fractals for quite some time. At least have it enabled while the Grenadier trait is still bugged.. I think the two counter each other quite in the competetive aspects of the game… why not let us all have some fun with these whacky bugs…

think of it from a wvwérs point of view. neither of these ’’counter’’ each other. you either lose a fully upgraded keep within 1 min with it being to late to respone to a highly over powered group of guardians not needing any siege. or get 1 shot by an engi throwing grenades from stealth… what, send a bunch of broken 1 shot grenade engi’s at a bunch of broken god ram, 1 shot guardians? that does not counter anything.

in my opinion as much as both should be disabled, the guardian bug is alot worse then the engi’s. but both should be disabled to stop exploiting buggy traits in wvw and spvp, aswell as pve that are not working as they are intended to.

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

in Guardian

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

Running 20-30 guards fixed this quick, time to 100% engie raid tonight.

Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Yep, 100% 60 man Engineer raid, all press Grenade barrage on gates and see what happens lol. They don’t need to pay people to try to break the game after a patch, they have Maguuma.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Stampede.5308

Stampede.5308

Guardian disabled and Ice Bow 4 untoched. GG Arena Net!

in Guardian

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Just about every Engineer I have met in WvW has been abusing the Grenadier issue. I run a bunker spec, so I typically don’t get one shot, but it gets kitten close at times.

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Due to its current unintended behavior, the Symbolic Avenger trait has been temporarily disabled until the next scheduled release. If you were using this trait, we suggest you select a different one until the trait is re-enabled.

Thank you for the heads up Gaile. May I suggtest that while the team is fixing Symbolic Avenger to consider boosting Shattered Aegis damage so it becomes a viable option too? Giving Sword a % dmg or a speed buff modifier when traited would be appreciated too because the current Right Hand Strength (20% reduced recharge on Sword skills) is not useful compared to the old trait.

(edited by NumenorLord.6539)

in Guardian

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Although, I agree that there was/is a problem, the fix seems a bit… Knee-jerk-reactioney…. I am sure there are better way to do things then this, guys?

And if the hall of monuments is any indicator of disabled things… No, this is very knee-jerk, fellas.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Why isn’t the engi trait disabled? It’s completely breaking PvP and WvW.

Because it’s not a trait.

It is a result of having the new Grenadier trait equipped, so yes, it is a trait.

And I also agree that it should be disabled alongside Symbolic Avenger. It’s starting to really get out of hand.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

so guardian got trait disabled but engi still running around and 1 shot people with smile?? really anet?????? i can say with your time work we dont see any fix until spring end. Only biggest joke is when mesmer got his break trait you fix it in 1 day lololololololololololololol. If you were using this trait, we suggest you select a different one until the trait is re-enabled omg what other trait all other is trait is crap spirit weapons burnimg is big joke when spirit weapon die in 2s and shatter aegis with my full ascended zerk 661 dmg omg.

(edited by Pecar.1236)

in Guardian

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Thank you.

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Guardian

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Are you serious? Choose one of the other two joke traits?

Spirit weapon burning is terrible because spirit weapons are terrible aside from the shield and in very especific situations. Shattered aegis…LMAO, i don’t even need to say anything about this one.

So, this thing will be disabled for how long? And why, WHY do you guys hate guardians so much?!

in Guardian

Posted by: FoXX.4159

FoXX.4159

I never wanted to rant Arena Net for whatever decisions they make considering the gameplay as i know its alot of work, but i realy want to get this off my chest.

Why is it everytime guardians get fixed you unfix them by nerfing them, why is it everytime theres a issue with the guardian, it takes priority over the other classes, and why isn’t the engineer trait also disabled ?

in Guardian

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

So when is the next scheduled release?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Change Symbolic Avenger so that the Guardian gets the increased damage when THEY stand in it not the target. That way the game only has to check if the guardian standing in their own Symbol.

in Guardian

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

As a Engi who uses nades this sucks. Oh well back to the drawing board…….

Guess its time for this then…

Attachments:

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Guardian

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I wish there was a thing where games had test servers so this kind of thing didn’t make it to live. Or barring that where we lived in a perfect gaming world and QA did it and players didn’t have to do dev work for free. On top of that you want me to pre-purchase HoT without knowing exactly what I am getting or if it will be in a working state?

No thanks.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

RIP Symbolic Avenger

I don’t even play Guardian (I play necromancer) but this broken trait on my teammates got me the shockwave skipper achievement (boss just melted before if could do any attacks), and the triple trouble achievements (with no TS pugs!). The various Wurm heads 90% melted on the first burn phase (and thus was after double health).

So I guess I leeched a little of somebody else’s broken trait, but when anet hands you a class that is bottom tier DPS (less than half of other class’ max), you have to turn lemons into lemon aid somehow.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Hopefully the fix is quicker than the one for HoM that they also temporarily disabled and was going to release a fix “soon”.

Meanwhile…. the Teq crit box remains unchanged.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Well guys its back how it used to be, no decent GM trait in Zeal like it’s been for the past 2 years. At least we enjoyed it for 2 weeks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

So when is the next scheduled release?

One hopes today or tomorrow. Otherwise there will be quite a few angry folks here on the forums over the holiday weekend.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

That’s disappointingly fair… after all, 5 Guardians breaking Fractals and WvW Gates is a bit more extreme than Engineers 1 shotting a lvl 80 minion.

I still feel their nades should be disabled in PvP as it’s definitely an unfair – unintended behavior as well. Not to mention it’s even more frustrating… just saying.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

It’s acceptable that the bugged trait got removed. It’s not acceptable, however, to have no useful GM trait in zeal because of this.

They’d better buff the damage boost to 20% in its fixed form. And within a week, for that matter.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

That’s disappointingly fair… after all, 5 Guardians breaking Fractals and WvW Gates is a bit more extreme than Engineers 1 shotting a lvl 80 minion.

I still feel their nades should be disabled in PvP as it’s definitely an unfair – unintended behavior as well. Not to mention it’s even more frustrating… just saying.

Not nades, but grenadier trait. Without that trait it’s not an issue (unless I missed something, certainly noticed the funkiness with the trait though).

But, isn’t this a kittenildish? I mean I support the idea of disabling the trait but posting it here simply comes off as “waaa you took my toy and he still has his.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It’s acceptable that the bugged trait got removed. It’s not acceptable, however, to have no useful GM trait in zeal because of this.

They’d better buff the damage boost to 20% in its fixed form. And within a week, for that matter.

You’re joking right? 10% is fine, pretty great honestly, and we’ll get it when we get it, it’s not like guard is in a bad spot without it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Due to its current unintended behavior, the Symbolic Avenger trait has been temporarily disabled until the next scheduled release. If you were using this trait, we suggest you select a different one until the trait is re-enabled.

Thank you for the heads up Gaile. May I suggtest that while the team is fixing Symbolic Avenger to consider boosting Shattered Aegis damage so it becomes a viable option too? Giving Sword a % dmg or a speed buff modifier when traited would be appreciated too because the current Right Hand Strength (20% reduced recharge on Sword skills) is not useful compared to the old trait.

1h sword attack speed buff? that’d be a cool option..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

in Guardian

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

I reported this symbol trait at least 2 days ago.. took you guys long enough.

While its not about you, Anets response is pretty quick. D….h….

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in Guardian

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Why do so many players have problems with reading? the Symbolic Avenger trait has been temporarily disabled until the next scheduled release So the trait isn’t gone, it is temporary disabled. And for a short time you have to choose one of the other two traits. The only thing Gaile could have added to her post was when the next scheduled release is. But ArenaNet doesn’t say that most of the time, so nothing new.

So hold your horses, wait a few days (I think until next Tuesday) and the trait will be back. Hopefully working as intended.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

So they have no idea how to hotfix this… Instead they turn it off… WPGG ANET!

But hell, they will fix the Symbolic Avenger trait, nerf the burning damage all together and give us back the old Burn values with less application time…

Did you enjoy your hybrid or burn guardian? Get back to the power meta you scum!

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Bean Muncher.5197

Why do so many players have problems with reading? the Symbolic Avenger trait has been temporarily disabled until the next scheduled release So the trait isn’t gone, it is temporary disabled. And for a short time you have to choose one of the other two traits. The only thing Gaile could have added to her post was when the next scheduled release is. But ArenaNet doesn’t say that most of the time, so nothing new.

So hold your horses, wait a few days (I think until next Tuesday) and the trait will be back. Hopefully working as intended.

You’re right, and I think most people understand that. It’s just that, when I look at the necro traits that were bugged for about two years, I’m worried. Really, really worried. I just hope that the fix will come soon if we keep up the pressure.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now let’s go back to the usual guard ele ele thief war, because muh variety.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Mind giving zeal another pass over while you guys are at it ?

The whole line is just designed in a very sad way and pretty much requires use of mace/hammer to get use of the traits.

in Guardian

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

Confirmed Anet did not test all the traits before official release!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

You’re joking right? 10% is fine, pretty great honestly, and we’ll get it when we get it, it’s not like guard is in a bad spot without it.

10% is pretty lackluster for a GM trait, especially one that relies on enemies standing in a given area without having proper CC to keep them there.

in Guardian

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

10% is pretty lackluster for a GM trait, especially one that relies on enemies standing in a given area without having proper CC to keep them there.

+1

Should definitely go back to +20%

in Guardian

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Could you please not fix this trait at all but rework it entirely? Every time someone blasts for retaliation, I feel like I just earned a tiny piece of a ticket to hell. Or, if you insist on keeping it, add something like “symbols are now fire fields” to radiance GM. But what could you possibly replace in radiance? Why, Radiant Retaliation, which was proven useless, as expected, now that it actually works.

(You could say that this bug was karma, the guardian class itself got fed up with poor trait design and . . . retaliated. ahaha)

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now let’s go back to the usual guard ele ele thief war, because muh variety.

Or still do 5 guards because quickness. Also shattered aegis and stack. Unscathed contender for 20% damage boost. Chances are, with 5 guards you’ll always have aegis up, and all that shattering is bound to be a nice dps boost. Also quickness uptime.

in Guardian

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

You know the new Right-Hand Strength still has the +15% crit chance for MH weapons the old RHS had, on top of the 20% cooldown reduction on sword skills?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

You know the new Right-Hand Strength still has the +15% crit chance for MH weapons the old RHS had, on top of the 20% cooldown reduction on sword skills?

The problem is that a lot of % modifiers gone, like +10% dmg with Sword and +10% when your target has a condition. The 20% cd reduction doesn’t do much actually.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

you know that mace is way better now right?

You have a symbol on the skill number 2, that symbol can provide vulnerability, +20% damage (when they activate SA again) and the symbol will have +15% crit chance too.

And the skill number 3 is amazing in some fights, that block can save you and save your party members sometimes.

Sword right now is trash (if you do dungeons and fractal, PvE exploration whatever, it is ok), the auto was the responsible for the damage and now they removed powerful blades. The second skill it is situational and using blind doesn’t put vulnerability anymore. And sword doesn’t have a symbol, so you lose those +20% dmg.

in Guardian

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

So, hopefully this trait will be restored on Tuesday

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

you know that mace is way better now right?

You have a symbol on the skill number 2, that symbol can provide vulnerability, +20% damage (when they activate SA again) and the symbol will have +15% crit chance too.

And the skill number 3 is amazing in some fights, that block can save you and save your party members sometimes.

Sword right now is trash (if you do dungeons and fractal, PvE exploration whatever, it is ok), the auto was the responsible for the damage and now they removed powerful blades. The second skill it is situational and using blind doesn’t put vulnerability anymore. And sword doesn’t have a symbol, so you lose those +20% dmg.

Yes, Mace is now Meta in PvE (will be once they fix symnbolic avenger) but I would really like to see some attention for the Guardians who use Sword in the Zeal traitline. Shattered Aegis could be merged with Communal Defenses (keep the same damage and be a GM trait or lower the damage and be moved to the Master trait in Valor) and we could get something like the Warrior’s Dual Wielding when using Sword.

in Guardian

Bean Muncher.5197

Yes, Mace is now Meta in PvE (will be once they fix symnbolic avenger) but I would really like to see some attention for the Guardians who use Sword in the Zeal traitline. Shattered Aegis could be merged with Communal Defenses (keep the same damage and be a GM trait or lower the damage and be moved to the Master trait in Valor) and we could get something like the Warrior’s Dual Wielding when using Sword.

Something like this would be nice. The sword needs something to make the guardian’s DPS weapon max DPS again.
Another thing that could use a buff is zealot’s defense, since it doesn’t actually increase DPS and its utility is average at best. Any weapon that only uses 1111111 in dungeons kinda makes me sad.