[Video]Fractal of the Mists: Glassy Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

I’m trying to record all the Fractals with all the strategies I personally use. I call my guardian “glassy” because she runs in full Berserkers or close to. All of the runs will be with pugs.

Cliffside/Collossus – Legendary Archdiviner Final Fight
Urban Battlegrounds/Ascalon
Underground Facility/Dredge – Full run with Ice Elemental final boss
Underground Facility/Dredge – Legendary Dredge Powersuit
Volcanic/Grawl – Legendary Grawl Shaman

I used 10/25/30/5/0 for the Urban Battlegrounds/Ascalon and Underground Facility/Dredge full run. Any other videos are 0/0/30/30/10 and will stay with it for future videos.

I hope these videos will help other guardians maximizing their potential in their dungeon runs.

(edited by Trungalung.7850)

in Guardian

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Thanks for videos, at some time i strugle with some tactics, so they are quite help. Looking forward to more videos about other fractals.
Just one question, since you are squishy and sometimes you stayed back or at range rather in melee doing hammer time. Isnt better for overall dps to be little more tanky so you can stay in their face, not losing dps while moving or away and do dmg with heavy weapons?
Oh and yea, gief your armour :o .

all is vain

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

Even in my PVT set, I can only afford one extra hit in the Ascalon Fractal (from the warriors and mages). I also want to point out that scepter damage is on the upper bracket of all our weapons so there’s not really any damage loss except in AoE circumstances. That’s also why I use it in most boss fights. If I do switch to it during trash mobs, it’s because I need the 3 blocks and AoE blind, or I want to stay behind my absorb/reflect field.

Overall, I fight almost 90% in melee on trash. In the Dredge Fractal, I use staff for a bit because I was charging my Sigil of Perception.

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

Updated for Legendary Archdiviner fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvfxk5ILX8&feature=youtu.be

in Guardian

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

suggestion: you should post a video series wherein you were using only 1 trait/build setup so we could see how you would adapt your build to different maps.

edit: i also love the shield of avenger and traited 10 zeal for it.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

suggestion: you should post a video series wherein you were using only 1 trait/build setup so we could see how you would adapt your build to different maps.

edit: i also love the shield of avenger and traited 10 zeal for it.

So far, I’ve only used two builds, 10/25/30/5/0 and 0/0/30/30/10. For 10/25/30/5/0, I was just proving that a glass cannon with an offensive build can pretty much complete any dungeons with minimal downs/deaths. 0/0/30/30/10 is my true build.

I switch traits and utilities around every pull so I don’t see how I can only use one set up. That would drastically reduce my flexibility since a lot of our abilities are situational (the reason why I picked 0/0/30/30/10 in the first place is the ability to swap to all the good traits when the situation calls for).

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

LOL get your glass on! I rock the paladin build to carry pug people. Because I don’t have a one group I play with. Just people who know me from my channel or server. Sometimes we have various people who just can’t handle certain things. Or I have a completely random group. I like the ability to make up for mistakes by saving guys. Makes pugs less likely to fail.

(edited by Silentstorm.7531)

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

Updated with Legendary Dredge Powersuit boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1tQ2Of1Ebg&feature=youtu.be

in Guardian

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Very nice and useful. Hope you’ll do more videos!

in Guardian

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

I use 0/10/30/30/0, extremely similar build. I don’t know how ppl are crying about “AH” nerf when we can still use AH just fine.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Similiarly, I use 15/0/30/20/5, full zerker and I rarely go to downed state.

in Guardian

Posted by: Superfast.5901

Superfast.5901

Hey man, love your stuff. Very helpful. Here’s a friendly bump in hopes that you put more up

- Devona

in Guardian

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

Loved your videos, but I was wondering: How do you hit that kitten hard with sceptre?

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in Guardian

Trungalung.7850

Sorry guys for no video lately. I haven’t found time to get some clips yet. The only raw footage I have is the Underwater Fractal.

Loved your videos, but I was wondering: How do you hit that kitten hard with sceptre?

Unscathed Contender

With the buff to Unscathed Contender, scepter damage (and other weapons on certain bosses) has been greatly improved given that you can maintain aegis.

Here’s a trick: Using Renewed Focus will automatically refresh the count down of VoC passive and will grant aegis after VoC is refreshed. So if your 20 hours aegis (VoC passive) got cancelled, use VoC active. Wait for the active aegis to fade, use Renewed Focus and get the 20 hours aegis back.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

Take your time better to release good content then rush to satisfy anyone. It’s a you tube lesson I learned not to do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryosukii.5472

Ryosukii.5472

Hellooo!

I hate to open up an “old” thread but I’m currently running this exact build minus the berserker set up.. I was wondering if you might post what pieces you have berserker / runes / gems / sigils as I’m very interested in making the full convert to what you run. I love my hammer but it’s lacking a bit in the damage and I feel like I’m holding the group back. Currently in full pwr/prec/tou gear will all jewelry and gems stacked Magi (heal/prec/vit) with full Monk’s runes and life steal sigils. The healing is nice but in fractals, I feel that I’m going to be more useful helping knock the boss’ head off than the minor heals I do. (My normal fractal group has a staff support guardian so my heals do practically nothing in comparison) Thanks in advance for the help!!

in Guardian

Ryosukii.5472

0/0/30/30/10

Purity – Retributive armour – Altruistic Healing
Superior Aria – Empowering Might – Two handed mastery
Vengeful / Improved Spirit Weapon Duration/ Master of Consecrations / Unscathed Contender (all situational)

All Berserker Armor Weapons
Accessories Amulet rings

Runes – Solider
Weapon Sigil of Blood
offhand – Sigil of Accuracy

Food Omnomberry Ghost/Pie + Master Maintenance Oil

How often do you go down? I feel that full zerker would have you going down quite often, especially in the higher level fractals, to the point where the added DPS from full zerker isn’t utilized… A downed or dead guardian does 0 dps… Please, prove me wrong :) Also, how often do you have the lifesteal perk from food, and how much does it heal for? Thanks in advance :D

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

How often do you go down? I feel that full zerker would have you going down quite often, especially in the higher level fractals, to the point where the added DPS from full zerker isn’t utilized… A downed or dead guardian does 0 dps… Please, prove me wrong Also, how often do you have the lifesteal perk from food, and how much does it heal for? Thanks in advance

Less tanky setups without life-stealing food work. It’s just a matter of using endurance correctly.

in Guardian

Ryosukii.5472

I understand that using dodge is very important, but there’s some situations where you’re not going to be able to dodge, so the question is, if you’re unable to dodge at the appropriate time, are you going to be 1 shot?

Not meaning at appropriate dodges on boss fights that are required, meaning any hard hit from any mobs.

(edited by Ryosukii.5472)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

I understand that using dodge is very important, but there’s some situations where you’re not going to be able to dodge, so the question is, if you’re unable to dodge at the appropriate time, are you going to be 1 shot?

Not meaning at appropriate dodges on boss fights that are required, meaning any hard hit from any mobs.

That’s the beauty of being a guardian — If we are unable to dodge we’ll in most cases have another trick up our sleeve: shelter, elite, f2-3, etc. That aside, we’re able to constantly maintain vigor with crits and SY if you run it. I personally prefer an energy sigil on my offhand which comes in handy quite a bit.

in Guardian

Ryosukii.5472

That’s the beauty of being a guardian — If we are unable to dodge we’ll in most cases have another trick up our sleeve: shelter, elite, f2-3, etc. That aside, we’re able to constantly maintain vigor with crits and SY if you run it. I personally prefer an energy sigil on my offhand which comes in handy quite a bit.

Very true… Maybe I’m just not used to conserving my dodges cause I’m constantly finding myself out of endurance and virtues and having my elite on cool down lol once I get enough CoF tokens to get full zerker I’ll make the switch :) thanks for the advice guys!! Any other tips on playing guard are very welcome, I’m sure the others on the thread will appreciate it too ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@Ryo – i am in a similar boat. through watching many Guardian videos (i have a list of faves lol), and not just in dungeons, even in WvW and what not, many save up their virtues and really save them for when they’re needed. something i am sitll learning to do better. : )) dodging is one thing i’ve gotten used to using better as well.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall