[Video] How to fight Dragonhunter by: Arken

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Hello!

With the addition to Dragonhunter, a lot of people have been claiming OP and stating that Dragonhunter is absurdly strong. Attached to this thread is a video that will help people learn how to fight with and manage their encounters with a Dragonhunter.

All credit goes to Arken
-I posted this video for him due to forum issues that he is currently experiencing.

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Please post this in the pvp forum so that those plebs know xD. I feel like a cele D/D. There is so much hate. What is this?

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in Guardian

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

It’s a general rule of thumb that threads like this only prove there is a problem, and there most certainly is.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

It’s a general rule of thumb that threads like this only prove there is a problem, and there most certainly is.

Other than people face tanking traps, can you elaborate on the issues more?

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

This video is to articulate how to deal with the DH’s burst. I’m not going to give an opinion of whether it’s op or not, i’ll leave it up to you guys.

in Guardian

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Just pointing out the obvious. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Normal balanced stuff usually doesn’t need videos explaining how it’s not OPd. ;-)

And it’s not just the traps, it’s the whole package combined.

in Guardian

Timston.1976

Normal stuff needs videos if it is a traps. And noobs have a lot of trouble with traps. (look back to trap ranger early in the game). They aren’t predicting trap placement and have their fingers on the stunbreak, invuln, or simply dodge through it. Let the meta settle before you all scream nerf. P.S meditation guard is finally back and I’m so happy. No more bunk. I can use my beloved hammer again

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

This isn’t really a question of whether it’s overpowered or not. It’s a video explaining the mechanics of Traps in conjunction with Heavy Light. We do this on the forums everyday, but now we see it in visual form.

I’ll agree, I think Heavy Light should be attached to probably Deflecting Shot. It’s just a better option from both the attacker and defender’s PoV.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

This isn’t really a question of whether it’s overpowered or not. It’s a video explaining the mechanics of Traps in conjunction with Heavy Light. We do this on the forums everyday, but now we see it in visual form.

I’ll agree, I think Heavy Light should be attached to probably Deflecting Shot. It’s just a better option from both the attacker and defender’s PoV.

There’s actually a thread in the pvp forum complaining about deflecting shot being unblockable and a knockback.

in Guardian

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

more than dev nerfing DH, i would really love to see how chronomancers and reapers get nerfed. chronomancers has been op before patch, and even more so after patch, reaper dps is just insane…

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Another thing I forgot to mention, the tether on f1 is the exact same as the tether from GS5 so if you dodge just as they’re about to pull you, you won’t get pulled in the full distance. It’s another way to avoid burst.

in Guardian

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Arkens my name >.> although, my account doesnt show it because I was going by malpractice in WoW….
I have like 7 versions of Arken/Arkengate :P

Like the guide, though

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

There’s actually a thread in the pvp forum complaining about deflecting shot being unblockable and a knockback.

But you can plan around it. You don’t have to fear which arrow is going to carry that knockback. Just like the traps, once you see Deflecting Shot, you can react to it. If you get hit by it before you can react, it’s either good play on the attacker or its the risk you take by being in that position.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Very good video, thanks for taking the time of making it, hope it helps people who try to face trapper DH as a classic Guardian understand how to counter them properly

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Very good video, thanks for taking the time of making it, hope it helps people who try to face trapper DH as a classic Guardian understand how to counter them properly

You’re very welcome. I also added a quick overview of underneath the video that also contains info I missed that’s also very important to fighting a DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

What do I do if dodge is not bound?

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in Guardian

Timston.1976

What do I do if dodge is not bound?

You have to have keybind dodge if you want to have a chance in pvp. Also keybind your abilities. In the time it takes you to click them you will be dead <3

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

This deserves to be on first page

9 Guardians later…