Vigorous Preci + Altruistic Heal is UNREAL!

in Guardian

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

I don’t know if you guys know this, but this combo is actually OP. Look at this screenie of my stats… and my traits
Now… the thing with Vigorous Precision and Altruistic healing is that if you hit 1 or more targets and they crit it counts as multiple boons given to ‘Allies’ this means you are going to heal a number of times = to the amount of targets you crit in that given hit.

For example if I pull 5 targets with my GS and put down my symbol and whirl wind and at 70% crit that is going to be at least 20 boons in 1 go or more depending on how lucky you are with crits. We all know that the staff combo with ‘empower’ is awesome, but I think this is much more awesome, just because you can pair it up with a staff as well.

Conditions?! Screw that I have shouts! 2 conditions are removed every 10 seconds due to passives. 3 Conditions can be removed with shouts due to runes and 1 from signet if used. 3 shouts are 2k – 1k heals depending on the allies around you. 3 Virtues are 2k – 1k heals depending on the allies around you. Virtue of Justice of courage is refreshed every time a foe is killed due to Radiance trait line.

Okay with this you basically specced into all aspects of any role. DPS, OFF-TANK, SUPPORT.

This build is good PvE and WvW
http://tinypic.com/r/2hzn67t/6 (stats)

http://tinypic.com/r/2zp8fis/6 (traits)

(edited by Nirvash.3018)

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

This works against trash mobs very well,but not where it really matters which is the boss fights.

You could use your 2h for fun vs trash mobs but for bosses i would suggest to anyone to use the scepter.
You get an extra 15%(20% if you add a 5% crit sigil) crit chance, avoid melee damage and able to dish more single target dps than you would do with any other weapon.Not to mention you don’t have to move back and forth from melee range when you are injured and you can more easily identify projectiles/attacks coming your way.

I have the same traits setup, except I prefer 10points into Honor for the -20% Shout cooldown(Save Yourselves is too good to leave at 60seconds cd). Like you said it makes you a dps machine,an off-tank and a support at the same time, good times :P.

Surrender is not an option!

(edited by OneManArmy.5617)

in Guardian

Posted by: Andrea.2036

Andrea.2036

Wait a sec, isn’t vigor from Vigorous Precision applied to you only and not to allies? I just tested it and it only gives it to me

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Wait a sec, isn’t vigor from Vigorous Precision applied to you only and not to allies? I just tested it and it only gives it to me

Exactly what I was thinking.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

He’s probably talking about Empowering Might.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Empowering might has internal cd and cant double procc no matter what, it doesnt matter how many you hit you only get one procc per second and the heal is based on number of teammates within a very short range.

Vigourous precision isnt for the team so basically you build for dps/survivability when traiting it, not support.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

you are correct about vigorous precision only applying to the guarding casting it, however I think you misunderstand the trait Altruistic Healing.

Altruistic Healing: Applying a boon to allies heals you.

Notes

Triggers healing for every boon applied. Applying area-of-effect boons will trigger healing for each ally affected (including yourself) and skills that apply boons repeatedly over time, such as symbols, will trigger healing with each pulse.
Skills that apply multiple stacks of might will trigger healing for each stack.
Synergizes well with traits and skills that rapidly reapply boons, such as symbols, Empowering Might, and Empower.

apparently you are your own ally.

trait-ing in radiance for crit certainly makes sense in a AH build…..

But I feel naked without 30 points in honor. +300 to your healing (for AH), +300 vitality, 2-handed mastery, Empowering might, Wrathful spirit, & Selfless Daring.

they all seem to have synergy with AH. I just try to get my precision from gear instead of traits.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

how can you think that he misunderstood something???

anyways … This is shocking News. Great find.

>.<

in Guardian

NeedCoffee.1402

how can you think that he misunderstood something???

anyways … This is shocking News. Great find.

>.<

because he implies since vigorous precision only hits the guardian and not the allies that it doesn’t proc AH.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

in Guardian

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

Try AH and EM with the protection aoe from the hammer auto attack. You will cry tears of joy.

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

If I remember Altruistic Healing heals for like 50-70 for each boon proc.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

NeedCoffee.1402

more or less.

and + to healing doesn’t give AH much of a boost. (but it does boost regeneration nicely, and with all 6 runes of dwana the regeneration boon procs off AH)

So usually the idea is to focus on generating more boons instead of healing gear.

but the healing gear from AC with vitality and precision seems good.

(edited by NeedCoffee.1402)

in Guardian

Posted by: zacger.5937

zacger.5937

you guys may want to visit the hammer/alturistic healing guide that’s been posted and stickied… all this info is covered in great detail there…

in Guardian

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

Basically yeah, since the Vigorous Precision is only applied to self, you loose alot of potential healing to yourself without using Empowering Might. You could easilly ditch all the crit line and keep 15pts, your crit change is more than fine.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Guardian

Posted by: Xetelian.9278

Xetelian.9278

Why would someone trait that way and not use a shield/mace shield/sword?

You’re missing the 20% reduced two handed weapon trait entirely and regardless of your crits you wont do kitten against poison or burning.

in Guardian

Posted by: dizzyd.5213

dizzyd.5213

more or less.

and + to healing doesn’t give AH much of a boost. (but it does boost regeneration nicely, and with all 6 runes of dwana the regeneration boon procs off AH)

Are you sure the Dwayna boon procs off AH? That would mean 50% regen uptime…

I thought it only procs off skill 6

in Guardian

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

you guys may want to visit the hammer/alturistic healing guide that’s been posted and stickied… all this info is covered in great detail there…

Yeah I am like scratching my head … this stuff is already covered in the stickied guide ages ago. It is nothing new …

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Wish hammer did the damage, or had the mobility of a gs.

I use a similar build to the one posted. It works good. I don’t use it so much for raw damage as I do going in, and using 5 to pull to me. I can take a fair bit of punishment.

went 20 radiance, 30 valor, 20 honor. It’s just a play style thing. Gives me enough damage to kill quickly, while keeping me tanky enough that I almost never die.

And no, guy must have been mistaken. AH will not trigger Dwayna

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

What he probably ment is that dwayna secondary effect from the 4th and 6th rune trigger AH. Which is does, at least in spvp, the regen triggers AH.

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

What he probably ment is that dwayna secondary effect from the 4th and 6th rune trigger AH. Which is does, at least in spvp, the regen triggers AH.

I can understand that, just in case though I did test it this morning and it won’t work. Thought they might have changed something.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

I can understand that, just in case though I did test it this morning and it won’t work. Thought they might have changed something.

I have only tested this in spvp and its well over a month ago so something might have changed, it triggered regen from the 6th rune applied a boon to the team and triggered AH back then.

What i do remember is that it was really hard to notic since the heal kicked in first and AH only ticked if the heal couldnt fill up your health pool.

Will test it tonight again and if its changed i will change the guide accordingly.

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I have only tested this in spvp and its well over a month ago so something might have changed, it triggered regen from the 6th rune applied a boon to the team and triggered AH back then.

What i do remember is that it was really hard to notic since the heal kicked in first and AH only ticked if the heal couldnt fill up your health pool.

Will test it tonight again and if its changed i will change the guide accordingly.

What you are describing works. You use 6 and it triggers the regen for the team which triggers AH. It’s just that the 6th dwayna won’t trigger from AH going off, since it’s not a heal skill.

That is probably more complicated that I needed to make it.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Ok, not i got it, its unchanged and work as before, the heal trigger the regen on the team which trigger x*AH depending on the number of allies who get the regen.

in Guardian

NeedCoffee.1402

I just tested it 5 minutes ago just to make sure. Of course It works. Why wouldn’t it?
I crit, AH proc’ed, I got a regen boon.

I think the person who said it doesn’t work tried it out against golems in the mist……..who don’t hurt you…….if you are at full health AH doesn’t proc……..and there fore Dwanas regen boon wont proc.

for those that still don’t think it works, test it out when your taking damage.

Maybe this it the reason more people are using runes like solider instead of fun
combo-lishious runes like Dwanas. because they couldn’t get it to work against stationary targets that don’t attack back.

not that soldiers sux or anything, but I feel guardians have a fair amount of conditional removal already.

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I just tested it 5 minutes ago just to make sure. Of course It works. Why wouldn’t it?

I think the person who said it doesn’t work tried it out against golems in the mist……..who don’t hurt you…….if you are at full health AH doesn’t proc……..and there fore Dwanas regen boon wont proc.

Maybe this it the reason more people are using runes like solider instead of fun
combo-lishious runes like Dwanas. because they couldn’t get it to work against stationary targets that don’t attack back.

not that soldiers sux or anything, but I feel guardians have a fair amount of conditional removal already.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5098/gw709.jpg

I just ran several tests. In that one I let it beat on me a little bit. You can see the AH procing from the crit. No regen. I think what you might be seeing is the proc (5%) that causes you to gain regen on being hit.

in Guardian

NeedCoffee.1402

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5098/gw709.jpg

I just ran several tests. In that one I let it beat on me a little bit. You can see the AH procing from the crit. No regen. I think what you might be seeing is the proc (5%) that causes you to gain regen on being hit.

huh, ….you might be right.

what your saying makes sense becaues I have a low crit rate with dwanas, so maybe I just got it off the 5% 4 rune bonus.

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

what your saying makes sense becaues I have a low crit rate with dwanas, so maybe I just got it off the 5% 4 rune bonus.

I wish I was wrong. That would be amazing for survivability.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zetsumei.4259

Zetsumei.4259

I don’t know if you guys know this, but this combo is actually OP. Look at this screenie of my stats… and my traits
Now… the thing with Vigorous Precision and Altruistic healing is that if you hit 1 or more targets and they crit it counts as multiple boons given to ‘Allies’ this means you are going to heal a number of times = to the amount of targets you crit in that given hit.

For example if I pull 5 targets with my GS and put down my symbol and whirl wind and at 70% crit that is going to be at least 20 boons in 1 go or more depending on how lucky you are with crits. We all know that the staff combo with ‘empower’ is awesome, but I think this is much more awesome, just because you can pair it up with a staff as well.

Conditions?! Screw that I have shouts! 2 conditions are removed every 10 seconds due to passives. 3 Conditions can be removed with shouts due to runes and 1 from signet if used. 3 shouts are 2k – 1k heals depending on the allies around you. 3 Virtues are 2k – 1k heals depending on the allies around you. Virtue of Justice of courage is refreshed every time a foe is killed due to Radiance trait line.

Okay with this you basically specced into all aspects of any role. DPS, OFF-TANK, SUPPORT.

This build is good PvE and WvW
http://tinypic.com/r/2hzn67t/6 (stats)

http://tinypic.com/r/2zp8fis/6 (traits)

What are the stats of your gears and trinkets if I may ask?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyouhei.2341

Kyouhei.2341

Great Info Nirvash thanks a lot!
Can you please post what Items you use?

Like: Soldiers Chest, Legs | Knights Gloves, … | Emerald Rings, earrings, … | Ruby Jewels, … | Soldiers weapon

Or something like that. Would be really really Helpful!

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Well, you have to look at the advantages and disadvantages of AH. To get the FULL potential of AH you need to have people around and they have to be in range for your buffs. It’s not on demand healing so you have to be actively fighting in order to gain its benefits. Can’t forget its only really useful with the Greatsword so you’re screwed if it’s WvW ranged combat. Also, if you’re poisoned it really cuts down on your healing.

However, if you’re around a lot of people and AOEing hardcore than you’re going to get spammed with heals.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Aznkenshin.3602

Aznkenshin.3602

Just tested this and the Vigor applied by Vigorous Precision did not grant me AH heal. Sorry in advance if this has been stated.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Hey guys the point of this build was to heal while dishing out heavy DPS, but at the same time play as a tanky support role! Here are my updated armor stats

Armor: Soldier Runes
My pants is Knight (keeping it that way) rest are Soldier

Weapon:
Greatsword: Knight (superior sigil of accuracy)
Shield: Berserker (superior sigil of accuracy)
Secpter: Berserker (superior sigil of battle)

Trinkets:
Neck: Valkyrie
Rings: Knight, Karka(every stat)
Earring: Knight, Lunaria (ascended ring every stat)
Backpack: Beserker

Other buffs used: Superior sigil of Perception at 25 kills, Bowls of Curry Pumpkin Soup, Master Maintenance Oils

Like someone else said you can go 0/15/30/20/5, but you lose overall DPS and gain more survivability.
Weapon set would become

Greatsword: Knight (superior sigil of accuracy)
Staff: Berserker (superior sigil of accuracy)

(edited by Nirvash.3018)