Virtues

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Is it ment that Wings of Resolve (SoC aswell) can be interupted and then go on full cd? starting to have issues with this lately, for an example, I got feared the same time I cast the WoR and the skill goes on full cd and I didnt get anything out of it…..shoundt it just be a recast cd? like alot of other skills/spells ? 3, 4 secs?

“Death is just another path”

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Its the same thing with Shield of Courage. WoR need to have some sort of evade. (which will never happen cause we will be OP like Reaper kek)

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

It is bugged, yes. I already reported in game and on reddit. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. But it will take a while looks like.

Sorry for my english.

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Let me explain real fast why this happens. It is not technically a bug. WoR is a mobility skill. As such, when interrupted all mobility skills go on full cooldown to avoid cancel-exploiting mobility. With Shield of Courage, it is a CC break when traited (the base acting like the traited version is either lazy or a bug). All CC breaks go on full cooldown when interrupted.

As such, SoC needs to just be instant since it is already 1/4 cast anyways. This would fix a lot of the unnecessary issues. Alternatively, fix the base version and make only the traited version instant.

Wings of Resolve is a bit different. How it could be fixed is having the heal and condition removal (if traited) happen on use, which would be a HUGE boon to the skill, and not require an evade.

Also, another bug to be aware of: WoR does not remove immobilize apllied by roots (runes of the grove/ ancient seeds/ Entangle).

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Let me explain real fast why this happens. It is not technically a bug. WoR is a mobility skill. As such, when interrupted all mobility skills go on full cooldown to avoid cancel-exploiting mobility. With Shield of Courage, it is a CC break when traited (the base acting like the traited version is either lazy or a bug). All CC breaks go on full cooldown when interrupted.

As such, SoC needs to just be instant since it is already 1/4 cast anyways. This would fix a lot of the unnecessary issues. Alternatively, fix the base version and make only the traited version instant.

Wings of Resolve is a bit different. How it could be fixed is having the heal and condition removal (if traited) happen on use, which would be a HUGE boon to the skill, and not require an evade.

Also, another bug to be aware of: WoR does not remove immobilize apllied by roots (runes of the grove/ ancient seeds/ Entangle).

If they were to lower the base heal of wings slightly then give it an evade it would be fine. As is it already heals for quite a bit and has excellent scaling.

Your completely right on courage.

It would also be very very very nice if they would update and do some work on core guardian virtues while their at it as they are complete crap compared to DH ones.

Virtues

in Guardian

ronpierce.2760

If they were to lower the base heal of wings slightly then give it an evade it would be fine. As is it already heals for quite a bit and has excellent scaling.

It would also be very very very nice if they would update and do some work on core guardian virtues while their at it as they are complete crap compared to DH ones.

I feel like there was a misunderstanding. I didn’t want to change the heal on Wings. The only thing is that the heal and removal could be at the beginning of the cast. This would be good for the skill for several reasons. First, it wouldn’t really need an evade, and I’m not sure an evade is totally justified. It’s a good skill already. But if the heal and removal was at the front it wouldn’t punish you for wanting to leap further rather than closer in terms of needing to remove conditions immediately (such as Torment, which currently, wings of resolve causes you to take more torment damage before it removes the condition).

Then, if interrupted, it’s okay because it already did the major effects.

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I feel like there was a misunderstanding. I didn’t want to change the heal on Wings. The only thing is that the heal and removal could be at the beginning of the cast. This would be good for the skill for several reasons. First, it wouldn’t really need an evade, and I’m not sure an evade is totally justified. It’s a good skill already. But if the heal and removal was at the front it wouldn’t punish you for wanting to leap further rather than closer in terms of needing to remove conditions immediately (such as Torment, which currently, wings of resolve causes you to take more torment damage before it removes the condition).

If the heal were at the start though the leap would be kind of useless for helping allies.

Virtues

in Guardian

ronpierce.2760

If the heal were at the start though the leap would be kind of useless for helping allies.

Possibly. May just be used differently, but I see your point.

I guess they could make it an evade, that would technically be another way to solve it. I do tend to worry about adding evades to skills though.

Regardless, SOMETHING needs to happen, though, because full cooldowns on vital core abilities is simply not working out, especially Shield of Courage, which is simply too long of a cooldown for that sort of thing to happen. Specifically because the 1/4 cast even seem arbitrary and gets interrupted due to sheer luck.

Virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Korochun.5862

Korochun.5862

Just divorce the self-healing from splash heal. Effects on self happen at the activation, AoE splash heal happens on touchdown.