Wall of reflection and mesmers

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Just had a long lesion in sPvP last night and noticed that wall of reflection does not seem to work against mesmers attacks.

Is this the case for others also?

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

If they ain’t projectiles, they are unaffected by WoR.

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

It has to be projectiles… ie. Arrows or Bullets.
It doesn’t work vs spells.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaii.5149

Kaii.5149

It has to be projectiles… ie. Arrows or Bullets.
It doesn’t work vs spells.

I’m not sure this is exactly accurate. I don’t use wall of reflection in wvw, although now I will have to test it out of curiosity. It just hasn’t been part of my build. But I know for a fact that it blocks at least some projectile spells in pve. Obviously I haven’t used it against every single spell in the game, but I know it works against projectile fireballs and ice shards. It doesn’t work against things with ground targeting or things that stream all the way from the weapon to a target, like a beam.

The Owl ~ Wings of Eclipse [WOE] ~ Tarnished Coast
Join Operation: UNION [XIII]

in Guardian

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Strange enough it will reflect Guardian Staff 2 which is not specifically a projectile. It doesn’t seem to block Mesmer Mirror Blade (GS2) which is a shame because of the high damage it does.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

I think you are referring to the Greatsword attack that mesmers have.
It is not considered a projectile, but as a melee attack that has a 1200range.
This is akward ,but this is how it is :/.

“Juno Guardian’s Staff 2 is an orb, which is a projectile.

Surrender is not an option!

in Guardian

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

Yeah, the mesmer greatsword is weird, wall reflects the scepter auto-attack just fine. In fact, you can get your own clone that way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Strange enough it will reflect Guardian Staff 2 which is not specifically a projectile. It doesn’t seem to block Mesmer Mirror Blade (GS2) which is a shame because of the high damage it does.

Mirror Blade is reflectable.

in Guardian

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Mesmer GS 1 is not a projectile, 2 is and has a projectile finisher.
Staff 1 is projectile. Both pistols are projectiles.
Scepter 1 is a projectile, doubt scepter 3 is though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

Wait, are you certain that staff 1 is a projectile? I know staff 2 is, but I don’t recall getting reflected damage from staff 1.. (what would a reflected rainbow look like anyway?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

“Juno Guardian’s Staff 2 is an orb, which is a projectile.

Until its credited as a projectile finisher its not a projectile by my standards!

I think they just don’t want Guardians having access to all 4 finisher types.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Wait, are you certain that staff 1 is a projectile? I know staff 2 is, but I don’t recall getting reflected damage from staff 1.. (what would a reflected rainbow look like anyway?)

Mesmer Staff 1. Chaos Wind. Mesmer Staff 2 is Phase Retreat, which is a teleport/leap.

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Just had a long lesion in sPvP last night and noticed that wall of reflection does not seem to work against mesmers attacks.

Is this the case for others also?

It would be great if next time you had described what kind of mesmer attacks wont work against WoR. Because some do and some don’t.

in Guardian

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

Mesmer Staff 1. Chaos Wind. Mesmer Staff 2 is Phase Retreat, which is a teleport/leap.

Blah, misread apparently, throught we were talking about guardian. My bad.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gregor.6235

Gregor.6235

does WoR work against seige?

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

To me it didn’t seem like I reflected anything. Every attack just went straight through. I think the mechanic is based on weapon rather then the skill itself. GS is classed as Melee and everything it does is classed as a Melee attack. Although in the hands of a Mesmer it turns into a ranged weapon and doesn’t register with WoR.

This needs to be fixed, it gives mesmers an unfair advantage when all other classes can have their attacks reflected.

Will need further testing to see exactly which skills.

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

To me it didn’t seem like I reflected anything. Every attack just went straight through. I think the mechanic is based on weapon rather then the skill itself. GS is classed as Melee and everything it does is classed as a Melee attack. Although in the hands of a Mesmer it turns into a ranged weapon and doesn’t register with WoR.

This needs to be fixed, it gives mesmers an unfair advantage when all other classes can have their attacks reflected.

Will need further testing to see exactly which skills.

No it’s nothing like that. It’s based on whether the skill is considered projectile or not. Our own Orb of Wrath on our scepter isn’t considered a projectile and goes through Wall of Reflection and other barriers.

None of the mesmer greatsword skills are projectiles, it’s as simple as that. Whether Mirror Blade should be a projectile can be argued either way. Everything has, or rather should have, a counter in this game, and the mesmer greatsword is a counter to our Wall of Reflection.

does WoR work against seige?

No it doesn’t, but Zealot’s Defense can absorb pretty much everything.

(edited by Kasei.8726)