We are in a good spot...

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

…to get one shot by everyone else. Jk, I don’t even play anymore but was curious to see what has changed over the last year. I was initially excited for the expansion but it is wavering at the moment. Disappointed with Dragon Hunter, but not completely turned off by it.

I missed the beta weekends, but I still have hope I’ll get absorbed by the game again. Sad to see there is still a lot of disappointment here on the guard forums though

Keep on the constructive criticism and suggestion posting though. Feedback and bug reports do help in the long run, just takes a while sometimes (3+ years). I think the biggest problem is conflict of ideas and directions between ourselves for the first part, but the developers as well. Consolidate and set common goals and maybe the devs will be more inclined to listen.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Well, I think that people here just over react.
But that doesn’t mean that guardians aren’t in a good spot to get nuked down.

I play GW2 for 3 months (laugh at my inexperience) and I main medi guardian although I also tried a few other classes as well. In terms of PvE I can’t say much as I don’t play it for now but in PvP we indeed take a good spot no sarcasm
As for ideas, there is always conflict on other profession forums too, here is no different although we have the most QQ threads right after thieves, I guess.

It’s not always what community wants but rather about what is comfortable for Devs to allow to add in current state.
We asked for lots of things that could boost guardian overall, after BWE2 in feedback threads we had a lot of nice ideas and suggestions and we got some of them as you can see on Karl’s BWE3 thread.
It’s easy to notice that lack of synergy between DH spec and the rest of specs is quite damaging the DH relations with other builds. I like the sheer idea of DH although It’s a rare thing for a knight/crusader/paladin/guardian archetype that is bound to melee and slight ranged support to give ranged ability to fight with a bow (thus I conclude, give us fist weapons at some point in the future so we could righteously slap our enemies with “Fist of Justice”)
The latest buff might be good, but what we need now are better traits that will mix here and there with other weapons and utilities.

I’ll give some of my suggestions about traits that could be somehow better (though I suck at giving ideas due to my low experience with this game):

1. Zaelot’s aggression seems nice but is weak. What it could use is to keep the damage it gives now but for a bow and do 2x the damage if you use a melee weapon and critical hits once every 10 seconds cripples enemies for 4 seconds.
Now this sounds a bit more aggressive

As we lack some nice passive boons we could have some regen every now and then so:

2. Hunter’s determination. Let’s keep what it has now but add a regen boon and protection for every critical hit that is dealt to us every 15 seconds.
Because why not ? Could be OP too much considering all those other classes ?

Oh and something off this topic:
give Litany of Wrath 50 % damage dealt to heal and perhaps a 6sec protection too, cause shelter is for filthy casuls, kthxbai.
P.S.
Give us the kittening land polearms dang it !

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

All in all I also believe that after release Gurdian will not be top tier simply becasue the new stuf the other classes get seem very powerful at them moment where ors are solid but very basic in the mechanic and yes also in comparison a little boring.

We will have issues with the conditions. its not so much the damage part that i am worrie but the frequency and amount any class can push out now – ourselfs included. DH will constantly reaply vurnability, cripple and burn. other classes push out 4 or 5 at a time. we need our utilites to handle condi pressure and I fear that we will need hunters fortification and absolute resolution and pure of voice or Medis to keep condis at bay due to our low health pool. we need to get them off as quickly as possible.

so not much will change for us in terms of build diversity. huntersfortification is great and I can see builds just relying on the condi cleanse of block. but it will be risky business.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

DH need something usefull. Why? Did anyone played hammer/greatsword ever? Well I did. It is average build with fewer blocks and defensive skills. You can die really easy. So why is it bad for DH. Well virtues are on cast time (you can’t break stun), 1 projectile blocking from LB. You will be destroyed by mesmers and thieves really easy in pvp or wvw if you are going for Gs/LB or H/LB.

But as I have already The Juggernaut and Sunrise I can combine that with LB. Probably will use Sunrise because theres no Glacial heart in hammer builds anymore.

We just need new F4 ability with passive 25% movement trait + 1 sec AOE daze and 6 sec vigor on activation + 25 sec cd for it. We are not asking some unrealistic stuff, just small thing for survival.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

DH need something usefull. Why? Did anyone played hammer/greatsword ever? Well I did. It is average build with fewer blocks and defensive skills. You can die really easy. So why is it bad for DH. Well virtues are on cast time (you can’t break stun), 1 projectile blocking from LB. You will be destroyed by mesmers and thieves really easy in pvp or wvw if you are going for Gs/LB or H/LB.

But as I have already The Juggernaut and Sunrise I can combine that with LB. Probably will use Sunrise because theres no Glacial heart in hammer builds anymore.

We just need new F4 ability with passive 25% movement trait + 1 sec AOE daze and 6 sec vigor on activation + 25 sec cd for it. We are not asking some unrealistic stuff, just small thing for survival.

Yeah you are right, i cant stress this enough, but i want that freaking 25% movement speed, i want my sword 2 skill to be usefull WITHOUT having a target.
Whats the coolest profession? Guard! Best look, best style, best feeling. Worst combat, worst mobility, worst frustration ever. Thats why Iam a Warrior or something else and its killing me.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Yeah you are right, i cant stress this enough, but i want that freaking 25% movement speed, i want my sword 2 skill to be usefull WITHOUT having a target.
Whats the coolest profession? Guard! Best look, best style, best feeling. Worst combat, worst mobility, worst frustration ever. Thats why Iam a Warrior or something else and its killing me.

I don’t like to be pushed to bunker guard. I just want normal dps. I pvp lately there are only burn guards and bunkers, so most of the times I think I may be only one medi dps guardian out there. (hammer guards are extinct).

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

Hi Ragnarox just wondering I recently have an idea for signets in the Radiant Retaliation – A Rework thread (quote below) that I wonder about for your hammer/greatsword build? This new lesser symbol of swiftness on signets could it help this build or playstyle your looking for?

To side track abit to Signets

I feel Signet of Mercy has lost alot of it’s benefit with the introduction of Signet of Courage. What I would like is for the revive ally function to be incorporated into Signet of Courage full heal, then change signet of mercy.

Signet of Mercy – Active effect Version 1
Grants regeneration & resistance to nearby allies.
Resistance 3 sec
Regeneration 3 sec (For each ally effected increase duration by 1 sec)
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 180

This provides some much needed active condition protection for signet builds, or;

Signet of Mercy – Active effect Version 2
Grants aegis & resistance to nearby allies.
Aegis 4 sec

Further improving Aegis focused builds. Now looking at Perfect Inscriptions how about:

Perfect Inscriptions
Sears a lesser symbol of swiftness at your location on signet activation. Signets recharge faster & have improved passive effects.
Damage (3x): 1287 (Dmg = 0.195 * Power)
Swiftness (4 sec) 33% Movement Speed
Number of Targets: 3
Symbol Duration: 2 sec
Symbol Radius: 120

Which could be a great option for providing increased mobility for guardians helping make signets viable.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

I missed the beta weekends, but I still have hope I’ll get absorbed by the game again. Sad to see there is still a lot of disappointment here on the guard forums though

The one thing I feel with HoT is that it’ll feel like GW2 at release were the:

• Meta’s up in the air not finalised as everyones trying to learn it & adapted.
  • PvP adds Stronghold which requires differing builds & gameplays.
  • WvW will feel new with new squads & commander / guild functionality & new borderlands where players don’t know the prefect spots or have mastered the overall map mechanics.
  • PvE expands to a new story opening up new unknown maps & the introduction of Raids.

And that it’s a good time to get back into GW2 if you really enjoyed near release when everything was still unknown & new.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Hi Ragnarox just wondering I recently have an idea for signets in the Radiant Retaliation – A Rework thread (quote below) that I wonder about for your hammer/greatsword build? This new lesser symbol of swiftness on signets could it help this build or playstyle your looking for?

To side track abit to Signets

I feel Signet of Mercy has lost alot of it’s benefit with the introduction of Signet of Courage. What I would like is for the revive ally function to be incorporated into Signet of Courage full heal, then change signet of mercy.

Signet of Mercy – Active effect Version 1
Grants regeneration & resistance to nearby allies.
Resistance 3 sec

This provides some much needed active condition protection for signet builds, or;

Signet of Mercy – Active effect Version 2
Grants aegis & resistance to nearby allies.
Aegis 4 sec

Further improving Aegis focused builds. Now looking at Perfect Inscriptions how about:

Perfect Inscriptions
Sears a lesser symbol of swiftness at your location on signet activation. Signets recharge faster & have improved passive effects.
Damage (3x): 1287 (Dmg = 0.195 * Power)
Swiftness (4 sec) 33% Movement Speed
Number of Targets: 3
Symbol Duration: 2 sec
Symbol Radius: 120

Which could be a great option for providing increased mobility for guardians helping make signets viable.

Unfortunately having Gs/hammer is just suicide now in wvw and pvp. I don’t recommend it to anyone. I used it before this condi patch as for fun and it did good. Don’t use it now because you will be dead before you even do bursts.
And thats why I am worried about DH and it synergy with GS and Hammer. But I will test it tomorrow

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

play something other than a medi build and ask: “are we in a good spot”

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Rodzynald.5897

So you say that medi guard is easier to play than let’s say… burn guard ?

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Where pvp is concerned Guard is where it always was. Bunker is the best build and one dps spec kind of works the current spike burning spec. So 1 and 1/2 specs are meta in pvp. I don’t personally care about any other aspect of the game.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Elpredator.8523

Elpredator.8523

Where pvp is concerned Guard is where it always was. Bunker is the best build and one dps spec kind of works the current spike burning spec. So 1 and 1/2 specs are meta in pvp. I don’t personally care about any other aspect of the game.

That is the exactly the mentality we don’t need when it comes to class changes and revamps.

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Burn guard still runs monks focus with 2 meditations… only build not medi is hunker guard.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

We are in a good spot...

in Guardian

Rodzynald.5897

Burn guard still runs monks focus with 2 meditations… only build not medi is hunker guard.

Right, I forgot that burn is also on medi >_<